PDA

View Full Version : Liu Rodriguez

duke of dorwood
01-03-2002, 10:37 AM
Did we lose him as a minor league free agent? I see that he is batting .361 thru 12/27 in a Winter League with 18 doubles.

FarmerAndy
01-03-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Did we lose him as a minor league free agent? I see that he is batting .361 thru 12/27 in a Winter League with 18 doubles.

Last I knew, he was still with the Knights. He's ripped it up in the minors. I'd love to see him get another shot with the Sox.

"You know Wimpy, I just love little Liu."

czalgosz
01-03-2002, 11:39 AM
Liu Rodriguez was lost to the rule 5 draft, I believe. I don't know who picked him up.

FarmerAndy
01-03-2002, 12:01 PM
That's a shame. He was the Knights leader in BA and OBP. I hope he doesn't come back to bite us someday.

Champ Summers
01-03-2002, 12:14 PM
no, he was not picked up in the rule 5, he is a minor league free agent.

Iwritecode
01-03-2002, 12:27 PM
The last I knew he signed a minor-league contract. So he is still all ours.

Iwritecode
01-03-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
The last I knew he signed a minor-league contract. So he is still all ours.

Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I was thinking of Julio for some reason...

duke of dorwood
01-03-2002, 01:28 PM
On the Sox site, they listed their plyers Winter activity and Liu is NOT among them. He will go elsewhere and be called Li-Rod

RichH55
01-08-2002, 02:43 AM
Some one posted a prospect list about half a month back and it still listed him as a Sox guy...and Rule 5 didnt take him....not a bad guy to have in the system...he will play you good D, not bitch about it, and not make 4.5 million a year either

:hitless
Hey! Finding guys like me is harder and harder...I'm a bargain

duke of dorwood
01-08-2002, 08:56 AM
:hitless

I didn't come here lookin for trouble,

I just came to do the put players out of position shuffle"

kermittheefrog
01-08-2002, 09:13 AM
Liu is a 6th year minor league free agent this year along with big names like Amaury Garcia who we got from the Marlins for Jeff Abbott and the infamous Jeff Barry. No news as to whether Liu is coming back or not, I think he'd make a good utility infielder so I hope so.

CerberusWG
01-08-2002, 07:34 PM
I don't know if he'd fit in our plans. The Sox seem to have a love affair with Ray and Royce, so he'd get minimal playing time.

kermittheefrog
01-08-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
I don't know if he'd fit in our plans. The Sox seem to have a love affair with Ray and Royce, so he'd get minimal playing time.

He's a utility type anyway, he could take Herb Perry's spot.

czalgosz
01-08-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

He's a utility type anyway, he could take Herb Perry's spot.

I always liked Liu Rodriguez, as those of you who have been here awhile already know. Rodriguez had a better year at AAA than Aaron Rowand did, and he gets no love. He's a nice player, a switch-hitter that can play second and short and can even run a little bit. I would love to have him make the team next season, but the organization seems intent on ignoring him.

Jerry_Manuel
01-08-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
I always liked Liu Rodriguez, as those of you who have been here awhile already know. He's a nice player, a switch-hitter that can play second and short and can even run a little bit. I would love to have him make the team next season, but the organization seems intent on ignoring him.

We have 2 shortstops. Graffanino is the backup to Ray. We know Manuel isn't afraid to play Liefer at 3rd. So there's not really a spot for him. Juilo had a good spring and made the team so maybe's their's hope for Little Liu.

czalgosz
01-08-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

We have 2 shortstops. Graffanino is the backup to Ray. We know Manuel isn't afraid to play Liefer at 3rd. So there's not really a spot for him. Juilo had a good spring and made the team so maybe's their's hope for Little Liu.

Yes, I know. My man Liu Rodriguez had to sit in Charlotte while Julio Ramirez and Harold Baines got to go back east with the club. Life is not fair.

You know, I remember that was my main opposition to the Choice joining the club, is that Liu Rodriguez would not get his shot. *sigh*...

RichH55
01-09-2002, 04:24 PM
But on Lui....or even Clayton...these guys are life and death lock them up long term or else! They are a dime a dozen...granted Lui is our dime, but a utily infielder can be found anywhere, I mean we already have Graffiano for that, and Clayton is IMO a gloried utility guy, and Liefer is a utlity bat.....good teams can find a Liu Rodriguez whenever they need to and for cheap