PDA

View Full Version : Sox "exhibition" tickets

BringBackBlkJack
01-19-2006, 12:21 PM
I live in the Atlanta area and so of course I was ecstatic when I saw that the Sox are to play the Braves at Turner Field on March 31st and April 1st. These games are not listed as Spring Training games, they are listed as Exhibition games.

The problem is that there is no little "T" icon on Ticketmaster which enables me to purchase tickets like there are for the rest of the Spring Training games. There's no access to tickets on the main Ticketmaster site either.

Anyone know about these "exhibition" games and ticket availability? Maybe I have to go down to the Turner Field ticket office to get tickets? I hope it's not something closed to the public...

krohnjw
01-19-2006, 12:25 PM
I am looking to get the same tickets. I would imagine you would likely have the best luck calling the ticket office.

Edit: I just called Customer Service with the Braves. Tickets will go on sale for these games March 1st and will be available through all ticket outlets (walkup and ticket master). No prices for these tickets have been set yet.

DaBears
01-19-2006, 12:27 PM
I bet these tickets arent on sale yet. I would doubt they restrict the public from these games, after all the stadium will be half full regardless. I suggest calling up the Braves ticket office and asking them for more info.

Sad
01-19-2006, 12:28 PM
anyone know if those 2 games'll be on TBS?

itsnotrequired
01-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Anyone know about these "exhibition" games and ticket availability? Maybe I have to go down to the Turner Field ticket office to get tickets? I hope it's not something closed to the public...

The Sox had similar games at Miller Park last year. I believe tickets went on sale in February and yes, the public is welcome to attend. Tickets were dirt cheap as well (essentially Spring Training prices). Miller Park was actually pretty full for the Saturday game last year but I wouldn't worry about tickets selling out. you should be able to get them the day of the game if need be.

Although, this IS the WS champs we are talking about here...:cool:

24thStFan
01-19-2006, 12:32 PM

BringBackBlkJack:
Will you please post what you find out here? I live in Tallahassee, Fl and I'm thinking about driving up for one or both games.
Thanks!

voodoochile
01-19-2006, 12:35 PM
BringBackBlkJack:
Will you please post what you find out here? I live in Tallahassee, Fl and I'm thinking about driving up for one or both games.
Thanks!

Think I'll be in Chicago then, but I concur, Atlanta would be one of the most accessible drives for me. Please post what you find out.

BringBackBlkJack
01-19-2006, 12:35 PM

I checked the Braves' section of the TBS site... I'm not sure they do baseball like WGN and broadcast Spring Training games because I couldn't find any kind of schedule for the Braves on the site.

BringBackBlkJack
01-19-2006, 12:50 PM
Ok I called the number listed for Turner Field's individual game sales and of course it was really a Ticketmaster number. So I talked to the rep. and she basically said there was nothing in the system yet about any games at Turner Field, therefore she had no idea when tickets were to be available and told me to check back later. I have a friend who works at Turner Field, maybe he can access some more info for me. If I find out anything I'll be sure to post it.

steff
01-19-2006, 12:55 PM
We bought tickets via the Sox for the Milwaukee games last year. Might be because they are so close, but perhaps the Sox would know when these are going on sale?

DSpivack
01-19-2006, 01:01 PM
Either way, I can't wait! Every Sox fan anywhere near Atlanta should show up!

MarySwiss
01-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Well, I just googled "Atlanta Braves Tickets" and I found this guy:

http://www.tickco.com/sports/mlb/atlanta_braves_tickets.htm

I picked out two seats and it let me put them in the cart, but that's as far as I took it, since I have no intention of going to Atlanta, so I guess it might tell you the tickets aren't available yet, but it's worth a try.

Hope it works!

Edit: Whoops, never mind. Just went back to this site and it's a broker.

soxfanatlanta
01-19-2006, 01:07 PM
Just spoke with a Braves rep this morning. They will be on sale March 1st. Yes, I asked her is she was sure :D:

DSpivack
01-19-2006, 01:08 PM
Just spoke with a Braves rep this morning. They will be on sale March 1st. Yes, I asked her is she was sure :D:

Got to set the alarm that morning. :rolleyes::bandance:

soxfanatlanta
01-19-2006, 01:14 PM
Got to set the alarm that morning. :rolleyes::bandance:

You got that right, bubba! I think I'll have my wife work the internet, my buddy work the phone, and I'll take a ride down Hank Aaron Blvd that morning.

AWhiteSoxWinner
01-19-2006, 01:27 PM
You should have no problem getting tickets in Atlanta. Last year my dad and I went to Miller Park on April 2nd to see the Sox and the Brewers and I called the park directly as opposed to ticketmaster. The guy there hooked us up with row 2 directly behind home plate for $15 each. I sat next to the guy with the radar gun tracking the pitches. We tailgated and had an unbelievable time unaware that one year to the day later we will be watching the World Champion banner being raised at the Cell. Have a great time!:D: </IMG>

krohnjw
03-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Bleh, tickets are on sale. Regular season prices from Ticketmaster :angry:

SOX ADDICT '73
03-05-2006, 09:19 PM
Bleh, tickets are on sale. Regular season prices from Ticketmaster :angry:
Too bad - they were a great bargain last year in Milwaukee. In fact, between those two games, the four Teacher Appreciation promotions, and the free ticket vouchers we received from Palos Hospital when our daughter was born, we saw seven Sox games last season (not a big deal to you season ticket holders, but our most ever) without once paying full price.

soxfanatlanta
03-06-2006, 09:25 AM
Prices were steeper than I thought (thaks a lot, ticketmaster), but I got my two. First base side, in the shade. Wahoo!

krohnjw
03-06-2006, 10:09 AM
Any idea if I can get tickets in the 108 area? Ticketmaster keeps putting me in 102 :-/ I will pay the $50 to get a dugout seat down there but ticketmaster won't put me anywhere near there. Can I call the Atlanta Box Office and have more luck specifying the section I want to be in?

Hangar18
03-06-2006, 01:52 PM
I live in the Atlanta area and so of course I was ecstatic when I saw that the Sox are to play the Braves at Turner Field on March 31st and April 1st....

Say, do me a favor. Go to both games, wear as much SOX clothing as possible and tell your friends to do the same, im hoping to catch these games on TBS and want to see all the SOX fans on tv