PDA

View Full Version : Dog Day a No Go?

BLRMKRdave
01-19-2006, 08:46 AM
Looks like due to high ticket demand this year Dog Day will probably not happen according to my rep. Too many season ticket holders to relocate away from the bleacher area. Decision is not set in stone, but has been discussed as being cancelled. Winning does have some disadvantages....

~BLRMKRdave

dickallen15
01-19-2006, 08:48 AM
I was thinking about that the other day. I have taken my pup, Magglio, the past couple of years, but with all the ticket sales, I just don't see how they can swing it.

Chrisaway
01-19-2006, 08:58 AM
Bummer i was gonna take my new dog Honey this year. Oh well winning cures all pain.

Madvora
01-19-2006, 09:12 AM
I have taken my pup, Magglio, the past couple of years
Magglio? hmmm.... that's kind of weird to look at a few years later isn't it?
Do you regret the name at all? That's a weird situation because one it's named, it's named.

SOXintheBURGH
01-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Do you regret the name at all? That's a weird situation because one it's named, it's named.

A dude I know named his dog Magglio, but they just call her Maggie now.

Fenway
01-19-2006, 09:36 AM
I had fun at Dog Day

dickallen15
01-19-2006, 09:37 AM

No. We usually call him Maggs, but I still am a fan of the original Magglio. I have a 3 year old nephew who calls him Maggio, and I probably would have changed his name to that had he signed with the Cubs, especially considering I live on the north side.

MsSoxVixen22
01-19-2006, 09:40 AM
Hey I'm still hoping they have the Slip N' Slide nite (or whatever they were gonna call it) where you can slide on the tarp like Buehrle does during Rain Delay. :D:

Cat Thief
01-19-2006, 10:21 AM
That sucks! Dog Day is one of the best promotions of the year. I hope they figure something out.

voodoochile
01-19-2006, 10:24 AM
:gallas:
"But how are you going to sell tickets if you don't have wacky promotions?"

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

rookieroy
01-19-2006, 10:58 AM
I hope not! I'm looking forward to taking our new chocolate lab puppy "Comiskey" to that game! We call her "Miskey" for short. :smile:

SOXintheBURGH
01-19-2006, 11:03 AM
I hope not! I'm looking forward to taking our new chocolate lab puppy "Comiskey" to that game! We call her "Miskey" for short. :smile:

I would have called her "Commie."

http://www.oah.org/pubs/nl/2003aug/img/mccarthy.jpg

"Who's a Commie!? Where!?"

lizard6king6
01-19-2006, 11:11 AM
I have a feeling quite a few promo days are going to be scratched. The price of winning

rookieroy
01-19-2006, 11:17 AM
I would have called her "Commie."

http://www.oah.org/pubs/nl/2003aug/img/mccarthy.jpg

"Who's a Commie!? Where!?"

I'm with ya! When I'm mad at her, thats what I call her. The kids really liked the name. It was either that or "Ozzie".

itsnotrequired
01-19-2006, 11:19 AM
I have a feeling quite a few promo days are going to be scratched. The price of winning

I think there will still be plenty of promo days. Most of them are put on by corporate sponsors. Teams like the Cubs and Red Sox (who sell out all the time) still have plenty of promos.

Fenway
01-19-2006, 11:25 AM
I think there will still be plenty of promo days. Most of them are put on by corporate sponsors. Teams like the Cubs and Red Sox (who sell out all the time) still have plenty of promos.

Cubs yes

Red Sox no Boston gives out magnet schedules first weekend and they have a few smaller ones but nothing special. The Yankees on the other hand have something big almost every week.

itsnotrequired
01-19-2006, 11:31 AM
Cubs yes

Red Sox no Boston gives out magnet schedules first weekend and they have a few smaller ones but nothing special. The Yankees on the other hand have something big almost every week.

Wow, I figured corporations would be beating the door down to have promos at Fenway.

Fenway
01-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Wow, I figured corporations would be beating the door down to have promos at Fenway.

I've been told off the record the team resists them because it clogs up the turnstyles into the park. :?:

TheDarkGundam
01-19-2006, 01:00 PM
I don't care what they do, as long as they don't get rid of mullet night!
:redneck

Fenway
01-28-2006, 01:34 PM
April 21 Dog Day :D:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65872