PDA

View Full Version : Jim Caple's Cuba-WBC outlook

getonbckthr
01-18-2006, 08:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/offbase/060118

[quote]

If you want the United States to look like a petty tyrant with a hypocritical foreign policy, then by all means, ban Cuba from playing. That way, we'll drop right into Castro's propaganda hands. We'll look like the big bully afraid to see our millionaire players get beaten by little Cuba, afraid to take charity from an island off the coast of Florida.
But if you want to embarrass Castro, then let Cuba play and get beat. Let Fidel and the world see how far his team has fallen. [quote]

getonbckthr
01-18-2006, 08:25 PM
I'm an idiot and bad and doing the quote/gray box thing.

Madvora
01-19-2006, 08:52 AM
I hate hearing writers say how bad teams are after they have won a bunch. It's just like reading articles and quotes on the Sox throughout 2005.
Decide how good or bad they are based on how they actually play in THIS tournament (if they play.) It seems like this guy really hates the Cuban baseball team for some reason.

itsnotrequired
01-19-2006, 08:57 AM
I'm an idiot and bad and doing the quote/gray box thing.

Delete the '/' at the front of 'quote' for the first part. That box should read '[quote]' (minus the ' marks).

likeawarlord
01-19-2006, 06:51 PM
I hate hearing writers say how bad teams are after they have won a bunch. It's just like reading articles and quotes on the Sox throughout 2005.
Decide how good or bad they are based on how they actually play in THIS tournament (if they play.) It seems like this guy really hates the Cuban baseball team for some reason.

well, it's the same team that's been playing in the other tournements, so his opinion of the team has some relevance. actually will probably a touch worse, as it seems castro will want to keep some players home to prevent them from defecting.