PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi 2 for 1 in 2006?

sec558
01-18-2006, 03:56 PM
I'm new to the board and I'm wondering if anyone knows if Pepsi 2 for 1 will be back in 06.

Chicken Dinner
01-18-2006, 04:02 PM
You are new.

patbooyah
01-18-2006, 04:04 PM
i will respond as soon as two things:

1. you create a profile
2. i am told the answer by another more knowledgable person

JohnBasedowYoda
01-18-2006, 04:33 PM
with 90% certainty I will say that just the half-price mondays are back and 2-fer tuesdays are not.

itsnotrequired
01-18-2006, 05:32 PM
with 90% certainty I will say that just the half-price mondays are back and 2-fer tuesdays are not.

That would be my guess as well.

Hitmen77
01-18-2006, 09:58 PM

Also note that there are only 6 half-price Monday games in 2006.

Realist
01-18-2006, 10:12 PM
Also note that there are only 6 half-price Monday games in 2006.

If they do have the half price Mondays and Tuesdays again, we can pretty much guarantee those will be sold out all season.

That place is gonna be a madhouse.

thepaulbowski
01-19-2006, 07:47 AM
If they do have the half price Mondays and Tuesdays again, we can pretty much guarantee those will be sold out all season.

That place is gonna be a madhouse.

The good news is that may keep a majority of the idiots from congregating in the bleachers and making asses out of themselves during the half price nights.

sec558
01-19-2006, 07:54 AM
Thanks. Gonna have to dig deeper in the old (empty) wallet.
I'll miss having the upper deck behind home plate pretty much to myself.
Plenty of room to stretch.
Ahh,the price of success. GO SOX!!!!!!!!!

itsnotrequired
01-19-2006, 08:35 AM
The good news is that may keep a majority of the idiots from congregating in the bleachers and making asses out of themselves during the half price nights.

It isn't going to matter for Monday nights. Those will be the same as last year. Pepsi 2-1 Tuesdays were restricted to the upper deck last season so whether it stays or goes shouldn't impact the bleachers either.

I suppose the good news is that sales will be so strong that "real" fans will have picked up tickets weeks or months in advance for Monday games. This will limit the ability for bozos to pick up tickets at the last minute.

Overall, Mondays and Tuesdays were waaaay more in control compared to 2004. I imagine it will be more of the same for 2006.

The Wall
01-19-2006, 10:44 AM
If you look at the 2006 schedule, only some of the home mondays are designated monday games (those are half price). There is no indication of tuesday promotions :(

SouthSide_HitMen
01-19-2006, 11:19 AM
There is only one promotion that matters:

http://www.bests-kosher.com/img/cc1b.jpg

$1 hot dogs, $2.50 kosher hot dogs!

anewman35
01-19-2006, 11:34 AM
If you look at the 2006 schedule, only some of the home mondays are designated monday games (those are half price). There is no indication of tuesday promotions :(

On all the schedules I've seen, all of the home mondays are shown in gray, which I assume means home price. The exception was opening day on the older schedules, but that's not a Monday anymore anyway.

The Wall
01-19-2006, 11:38 AM
There is only one promotion that matters:

http://www.bests-kosher.com/img/cc1b.jpg

$1 hot dogs, $2.50 kosher hot dogs!
Some of us dont eat meat you know (and before you ask, chicken and fish are meat too).

Hitmen77
01-19-2006, 11:51 AM
On all the schedules I've seen, all of the home mondays are shown in gray, which I assume means home price. The exception was opening day on the older schedules, but that's not a Monday anymore anyway.

Yes, my schedule shows all mondays in gray (1/2 price). BUT, there are only 6 Monday home games this year. Maybe this is about the number it is every year, I never paid attention before.

itsnotrequired
01-19-2006, 12:04 PM
Yes, my schedule shows all mondays in gray (1/2 price). BUT, there are only 6 Monday home games this year. Maybe this is about the number it is every year, I never paid attention before.

There were 9 Monday games in 2005 (not counting Opening Day).

IggyD
01-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Some of us dont eat meat you know (and before you ask, chicken and fish are meat too).
It must be a little intimidating for you leaf eaters being around all us carnivores.

http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/2342/trexblurredsized7vv.jpg

South Side Irish
01-19-2006, 12:30 PM
I suppose the good news is that sales will be so strong that "real" fans will have picked up tickets weeks or months in advance for Monday games. This will limit the ability for bozos to pick up tickets at the last minute.

So only "real" fans buy tickets in advance? Only "real" fans show up to full-price games? This isn't the first time I've seen responses like this, and it's aggrivating.

I can't afford to attend more than a few games per year, and rarely do schedules accomodate my wife, our friends, and myself to attend games. It's impossible to buy them in advance.

And cheap days are great days for families and groups to go. It's not so the "bozos" can show up, but to make the games more accessible to everyone. Eliminating the 2 for 1 days would be bad because less people could go. It's already tough enough.

Get off the your high-horse.

itsnotrequired
01-19-2006, 12:36 PM
So only "real" fans buy tickets in advance? Only "real" fans show up to full-price games? This isn't the first time I've seen responses like this, and it's aggrivating.

I can't afford to attend more than a few games per year, and rarely do schedules accomodate my wife, our friends, and myself to attend games. It's impossible to buy them in advance.

And cheap days are great days for families and groups to go. It's not so the "bozos" can show up, but to make the games more accessible to everyone. Eliminating the 2 for 1 days would be bad because less people could go. It's already tough enough.

Get off the your high-horse.

I didn't mean any offense. That's why I put "real" in quotations. I was just commenting that people who were very serious about going to games would probably get tickets earlier this year based on how hard it will be to get tickets the day of the game. This doesn't mean that people who get tickets the day of the game aren't "real" or "serious" fans.

And by "bozos" I meant the goofballs who at the last second say "Hey, let's get drunk and go to the Sox game tonight! Its half-price so we can drink twice as much beer!"

South Side Irish
01-19-2006, 12:43 PM
I can understand that, inr. I wasn't necessarily singling you out, but quoting the attitude that's pretty prevelant around here: only real fans apply, and people who aren't long-time posters must be ex-cub/bandwagon fans who aren't real Sox fans. I know you didn't mean any harm and are just anxious to shed the drunk/mullet/dumbass Sox fan stereotype. Now we have to deal with the bandwagon tag, too.

I'm a real Sox fan, and this site has really bothered me since I've been actively lurking/posting for the last year with that attitude. I just decided to say something about it 10 minutes ago, that all. Not everyone's got it, but it's enough to keep me away from WSI fairly often.

Thanks for the classy rep, INR.:gulp:

South Side Irish
01-19-2006, 12:48 PM
Oh, sorry. Maybe I shouldn't have put the beer toast smiley up.

itsnotrequired
01-19-2006, 01:03 PM
I can understand that, inr. I wasn't necessarily singling you out, but quoting the attitude that's pretty prevelant around here: only real fans apply, and people who aren't long-time posters must be ex-cub/bandwagon fans who aren't real Sox fans. I know you didn't mean any harm and are just anxious to shed the drunk/mullet/dumbass Sox fan stereotype. Now we have to deal with the bandwagon tag, too.

I'm a real Sox fan, and this site has really bothered me since I've been actively lurking/posting for the last year with that attitude. I just decided to say something about it 10 minutes ago, that all. Not everyone's got it, but it's enough to keep me away from WSI fairly often.

No sweat. I was fortunate enough to be able to afford season tickets for 2006 but for the last few years I have been doing single game tickets. Walking up the day of the game and geeting seats wasn't too much of a problem and allowed for flexible scheduling. I certainly enjoyed the two-for-one nights as it allowed me to save a few dollars.

I remember the first two-for-one Tuesday in 2004. My buddy and I sat in the lower deck, right field foul line. We had a good view of the bleacher/outfield sections and counted no less than 15 fistfights. We only noticed these becuase large groups of people would stand up in the area of the brawls. I'm sure there were even more smaller fights.

It wasn't a coinincidence that two-for-one Tuesday's were restricted to the upper deck for 2005...

SouthSide_HitMen
01-19-2006, 01:41 PM

The regular ones might be meat free :tongue: .

sec558
01-19-2006, 03:57 PM
It seems to me the pepsi thing was not on the schedule this early last year.
It may have been a March announcement. We'll see.
I was a 1/2 price bozo who stayed till the bitter end(16th) against the twinkies last August 16th. A Tuesday.

SouthSide_HitMen
02-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Also, any word on Hot Dog Thursday - the best promotion over the past few years?

ewokpelts
02-10-2006, 11:57 PM
Mondays - Still Half off
Tuesdays - No longer Half off (pepsi stopped paying for it, although, with high crowds, how many tix were gunna be half of fanyways?)
Wed - Scratch off cards for jerseys/tix/ect
Thursday - Dollar Hot Dog Day (2.50 kosher)
Friday - Tailgate night with 7:35 starts(unofficial)
Saturday - Fireworks
Sunday - Jack squat

SouthSide_HitMen
02-11-2006, 12:14 AM
Mondays - Still Half off
Tuesdays - No longer Half off (pepsi stopped paying for it, although, with high crowds, how many tix were gunna be half of fanyways?)
Saturday - Fireworks
Sunday - Jack squat

I'm loving it!!!

Thanks as always Ewok!

SoLongFrank
02-12-2006, 12:43 PM
If I'm not mistaken all of these promotions in the past came with the disclaimer "subject to availability" so I don't think they'll change anything policy wise.

When single game tix go on sale on the 17th I see the 6 Monday selling out. The ability to pre-purchase Mon night tix at 1/2 price is too good to pass up.

The Pepsi Tuesday tix always went on sale I think 3 days before game night. They were always subject to availability beforehand so I don't see that changing.

One thing I think we can say for certain is this. If the WC White Sox are leading the ALC coming into a Tues home game if there are any such tix available they won't be for long. You won't be able to just walk up with together & get a 2 for 1. They'll likely sell out the Fri they go on sale.

ewokpelts
02-12-2006, 04:37 PM
If I'm not mistaken all of these promotions in the past came with the disclaimer "subject to availability" so I don't think they'll change anything policy wise.

When single game tix go on sale on the 17th I see the 6 Monday selling out. The ability to pre-purchase Mon night tix at 1/2 price is too good to pass up.

The Pepsi Tuesday tix always went on sale I think 3 days before game night. They were always subject to availability beforehand so I don't see that changing.

One thing I think we can say for certain is this. If the WC White Sox are leading the ALC coming into a Tues home game if there are any such tix available they won't be for long. You won't be able to just walk up with together & get a 2 for 1. They'll likely sell out the Fri they go on sale.
The Pepsi 1/2 off promo is no more.
Gene

JohnBasedowYoda
02-12-2006, 05:55 PM

They're hard on everyone man. If you don't have 1000 posts you're dogmeat!

chisoxfanatic
02-12-2006, 10:00 PM
Mondays - Still Half off
Saturday - Fireworks
Sunday - Jack squat

Are you meaning to tell me that there'll be no more Willy Wonka's Kids Day?

Poor little kids...

Anything regarding a Nothing But Nancy Day?

chisoxmike
02-12-2006, 10:17 PM
Are you meaning to tell me that there'll be no more Willy Wonka's Kids Day?

Poor little kids...

Anything regarding a Nothing But Nancy Day?

There are kids days.... April 23, May 7, July 4, August 31, September 10

chisoxfanatic
02-12-2006, 10:29 PM
There are kids days.... April 23, May 7, July 4, August 31, September 10

Perhaps we can get Henry to teach the younger generation the art of trophy making at one of those... :redneck

nasox
02-12-2006, 10:37 PM
They're hard on everyone man. If you don't have 1000 posts you're dogmeat!

I'm glad I have enough posts, because I heard in China they eat dogmeat. :o:

JohnBasedowYoda
02-13-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm glad I have enough posts,because I heard in China they eat dogmeat. :o:

There you go pal

itsnotrequired
02-14-2006, 12:02 PM
So what's up with this?

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/mlb/images/team_logos/logo_cws_79x76.jpghttp://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/news/pr_header.gif
02/14/2006 12:03 PM ET
White Sox announce 2006 promotional highlights

CHICAGO -- The World Champion Chicago White Sox have announced the club's tentative 2006 promotional schedule, which features three days full of World Series celebrations to begin the season, in addition to the return of many popular promotions, including Value Dates, Dog Day, Elvis Night and fireworks nights.

In addition to these special events, ongoing promotions include six Motorola Value Mondays (all tickets half price); 12 Sox Pride Pepsi Tuesdays; 13 Win-A-Jersey Wednesdays presented by U.S. Cellular; five Kids Days (tickets for kids 13 and under $1 at the Box Office; kids can get autographs from Sox players before the game and run the bases afterward); 10 Dollar Dog Thursdays presented by Ball Park Franks (Ball Park Franks are just $1 throughout the ballpark); and 16 signature fireworks nights.

So what happens on Tuesdays? Is it 2-for-1 again? Hmm...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060214&content_id=1310902&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

The Critic
02-14-2006, 12:05 PM
The regular ones might be meat free :tongue: .

Are beaks and foot bones meat???
:redneck

Dolly
02-14-2006, 02:43 PM
Anything regarding a Nothing But Nancy Day?We need another Nothing But Nancy Day!!!!! Actually, we need several of them, since she will not be back in full force this season... :whiner:

sec558
02-15-2006, 01:00 PM
The fact that "Sox pride tuesday" is reffered to as an ongoing promo I'm going to assume it's still 2 for 1. Sound good?:bandance: