PDA

View Full Version : ESPN-Phil Rogers (Article)

Sox35th
01-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Here is an artical that was posted by ESPN today (Phil Rogers)

See Link:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=rogers_phil&id=2295075 (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=rogers_phil&id=2295075)

XplodingScorbord
01-18-2006, 02:25 PM
If we could get six or seven more threads started on this topic, that'd be great!

Sox35th
01-18-2006, 02:33 PM
If we could get six or seven more threads started on this topic, that'd be great!

Sorry dude.......I didn't know.........my bad!!

TheOldRoman
01-18-2006, 02:54 PM
wait, what is an artical?

eriqjaffe
01-18-2006, 03:17 PM
...nevermind. I misread the article.

Not the artical, however. That I got fine.

likeawarlord
01-18-2006, 03:40 PM
jeeze, when is espn going to actually hire rogers on full time and stop using him as a special contributor?

MUScholar21
01-18-2006, 03:51 PM
jeeze, when is espn going to actually hire rogers on full time and stop using him as a special contributor?

What's the point? He isn't quite large enough yet (outside Chicago) to be able to demand it, it gives him national exposure I'm sure he would want, and it gives ESPN credibility b/c they are no longer considered to be ignoring fly-over country.

Now, once Phil gets the following he has long deserved, you might see something more along the lines of the SportsGuy or Gammons, where he takes a more premier role on dot com. But until he has that leverage, it is a mutually beneficial relationship.

That, or Phil doesn't want that on his resume (and yes, I did debate whether or not to put that in teal).

wilburaga
01-18-2006, 04:08 PM
...nevermind. I misread the article.

Not the artical, however. That I got fine.

This thread's getting farcicle.

W

eriqjaffe
01-18-2006, 04:18 PM

WTrue, it's downright comicle now.

spiffie
01-18-2006, 04:20 PM
This is ridikulis.

longshot7
01-18-2006, 05:31 PM
anyone have an in to read Neyer's probably negative column?

faneidde
01-18-2006, 06:06 PM
anyone have an in to read Neyer's probably negative column?
Yes. Not really that negative, just said that the Sox might not win the division next year. It said the Braves, Angels, and Padres were in much more trouble.

Lip Man 1
01-18-2006, 06:14 PM
I agree completely with Phil in his comments regarding the Sox bullpen. This is a questionable area now with the trades and Hermanson's health status.

I wished he had gone out and brought in two veteran guys but he apparently is going to roll the dice with some of the prospects. I hope he is right and his luck continues.

We'll see.

Lip

nedlug
01-18-2006, 06:51 PM
This is ridikulis.

Do I have to learn all of you to be courteous?

Realist
01-18-2006, 07:37 PM
I agree completely with Phil in his comments regarding the Sox bullpen. This is a questionable area now with the trades and Hermanson's health status.

I wished he had gone out and brought in two veteran guys but he apparently is going to roll the dice with some of the prospects. I hope he is right and his luck continues.

We'll see.

Lip

Last year I was very excited about our bullpen. This year I'm a bit nervous.

Jurr
01-18-2006, 08:23 PM
Last year I was very excited about our bullpen. This year I'm a bit nervous.
Well, we have to keep the faith on Jenks. Hopefully he's gets better and better. I feel a lot better about him than I did Chingo (as Ozzie said) last year.

We're thinner than BMac on lefty relievers. Cotts is a stud, but what's after that?
I still love Politte, but we've gotta be a little deeper than Politte, Cotts, and Jenks...the three relievers that I really trust. Hopefully, Hermanson's back is sturdier this year.
Also, I hope the kids coming up out of the minors provide the help that KW is counting on.

All in all, i don't see the pen being as great as we figured it would at the beginning of last year. Maybe the extra pop in the lineup will lessen that blow.

Stoky44
01-18-2006, 08:33 PM
I thought it was a good read.

flo-B-flo
01-18-2006, 10:43 PM
Last year I was very excited about our bullpen. This year I'm a bit nervous. These things have a way of working themselves out. World championship confidence has a way of making guys know they can do it when the time comes.

StepsInSC
01-19-2006, 06:40 AM

W

http://www.paleocurrents.com/img/homer_drool.JPG
"Mmmmmm, farcicles....."