PDA

View Full Version : Are there going to be tics left?

crazyozzie02
01-18-2006, 02:07 PM
Here is my questions and thanks in advance to anyone that can give me some useful information, but how many tickets per game (average) are going to be left for regular fans like me that cant buy season tickets becasue i cant afford them? With 20,000 people having them at least it seems to me that the lower deck is almost out of the questions when i go to buy them on 2-17. Or am i totally wrong and have they prevented that from happening. I know it is going to be the hottest ticket in town and ill be lucky to get tickets for one game through ticketmaster, but can someone try to ease my pain. Hopefully the Sox have thought this through, or there might be some pretty angry Sox fans. Thanks.

Coilin

Ol' No. 2
01-18-2006, 02:20 PM
Here is my questions and thanks in advance to anyone that can give me some useful information, but how many tickets per game (average) are going to be left for regular fans like me that cant buy season tickets becasue i cant afford them? With 20,000 people having them at least it seems to me that the lower deck is almost out of the questions when i go to buy them on 2-17. Or am i totally wrong and have they prevented that from happening. I know it is going to be the hottest ticket in town and ill be lucky to get tickets for one game through ticketmaster, but can someone try to ease my pain. Hopefully the Sox have thought this through, or there might be some pretty angry Sox fans. Thanks.

CoilinNot all those 20,000 are full season plans. In fact, probably a majority of them are not. USCF holds 40,000. If you buy early, I'd be surprised if you couldn't get tickets for any but the most high-demand games.

Sox35th
01-18-2006, 02:31 PM
Well, I think we all know that the lower bowl will be a hard ticket to get next season for any game. But, there should be weekday games like KC & Tampa that you can get in the upper tank.

Also, I am sure that tickets will be floating around in the parking lot before the game. You also may try to get unused "player tickets" the Sox sell off all player/Vip tickets at the Box office. But, this is a timing thing...you just never know then they have them. (last season I got great seats this way, you usually have to check the box office about 4 hours before the game and ask for unused player/VIP tickets). Like I said, I went to about five games this way (It dose work!!)

daveeym
01-18-2006, 02:51 PM
Not all those 20,000 are full season plans. In fact, probably a majority of them are not. USCF holds 40,000. If you buy early, I'd be surprised if you couldn't get tickets for any but the most high-demand games. I'm guessing that the 20,000 = the equivalent of 20,000 full season plans. The lower bowl is pretty much sold out. Then add in group sales (going on now) and single game pre-sales to season ticket holders and you're talking about being in the upper deck for most games if you buy single game tickets directly through the Sox.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-18-2006, 02:55 PM
Opening Day, second game of season, Cubs series, Yankees series, Red Sox series, Indians (June and September) series, Astros series, and Cardinals series should sell out very quickly. Everything else, should be fine. A lot of the lower level tickets will be gone for a majority of the weekend games as well. But there still should be a good amount of tickets left.

Ol' No. 2
01-18-2006, 02:58 PM
I'm guessing that the 20,000 = the equivalent of 20,000 full season plans. The lower bowl is pretty much sold out. Then add in group sales (going on now) and single game pre-sales to season ticket holders and you're talking about being in the upper deck for most games if you buy single game tickets directly through the Sox.Possibly, but that's not the way I read it. It sounds to me like they have 20,000 ticket plans sold.
...the team announced that the 2006 season ticket base has been pushed over 20,000 for the first time in club history.

spiffie
01-18-2006, 03:02 PM
I know other people on the board have said that they count partial plans together to come up with a number like the 20,000. So it would be if say they sold 15,000 full season and 15,000 1/3 season packages, they would announce 20,000 as the number.

Palehose13
01-18-2006, 03:02 PM
Absoluely. However, don't expect to get seats in the lower bowl, low aisle number a few days before a game. As already stated, the "more popular games" will be harder to get than before. Alas, this is the price you pay to be champions.

For those of you that can't afford season tickets, start saving up now for season tickets for 2007. $50 a month will get you a 27 game plan, $25/month will get you an Ozzie plan for seats for the Sox attempt at their third World Series title in a row.

Ol' No. 2
01-18-2006, 03:28 PM
I know other people on the board have said that they count partial plans together to come up with a number like the 20,000. So it would be if say they sold 15,000 full season and 15,000 1/3 season packages, they would announce 20,000 as the number.They may count it that way privately. But I'd think in a press announcement they'd tend to spin it to the best possible light, and the 20,000 would be the total number of season ticket holders, not the smaller number of equivalent seats. Besides, if that were the case they'd have had to stop giving post-season options long before now. MLB takes 20,000+ for each WS game.

soxwon
01-18-2006, 04:21 PM
my rep told me single game tix sales are being moved to feb 17 for the public
season tix holders will get an early chance about a week before.
so no tix will be onsale at sox fest

SaltyPretzel
01-18-2006, 04:44 PM
I just bought 30 group tickets for Saturday, August 12th against Detroit. The best I was able to get was section 156 row 23. My rep said that would be the best I could get since the rest of the lower bowl is all season tickets.

Jurr
01-18-2006, 08:29 PM
Scalp, scalp, scalp. On most days you should get a reasonable seat. Ebay is the same way. Don't expect to be buying 50 dollar lower bowl seats for Red Sox games, Indians games, etc.

However, if you're wanting to see the Sox, there's going to be plenty of games to see for a reasonable price.

doublem23
01-18-2006, 08:38 PM
I think the days of walking up to the Cell 10 minutes before gametime on a Friday or Saturday night and expecting Lower Deck (or maybe anything come the heat of summer) are over with for this season. I'd be surprised if you couldn't score tickets to weekday games an hour before first pitch, though.

Realist
01-18-2006, 09:22 PM
That place is gonna be a madhouse all season long. If the Sox get off to a hot start, look out...

TomBradley72
01-19-2006, 07:18 AM
I think you'll have a very good chance to get single game tickets for most games (excl. Cubs, Opening Day, etc.) when they go on sale 2/17....I think nearly the entire season will be sold out before Opening Night.

bafiarocks03
01-19-2006, 04:00 PM
I dunno..but this whole..."dont' plan on sitting lower deck if you don't have season tickets.." thing is soo getting me like overly depressed...

itsnotrequired
01-19-2006, 04:07 PM
I think you'll have a very good chance to get single game tickets for most games (excl. Cubs, Opening Day, etc.) when they go on sale 2/17....I think nearly the entire season will be sold out before Opening Night.

Whole season? No way. With a capacity of 40,615, a full-season sellout would amount to nearly 3.29 million fans. Assuming a full-season ticket base of 20,000, that's only 1.62 million. Assuming "nearly sold out" to mean 90% of tickets sold, that would mean that nearly 1.4 million single-game tickets would have to sell by Opening Day. Yeah, tehre are some group sales in there but no way they reach that total before Opening Day.

chisox77
01-19-2006, 07:51 PM
I'd say that by Opening Day, there's a good chance that a "built-in" average of 37,000 per game will be reached with advanced ticket sales. Of course, some of those tickets will hit the market again (stubhub, ebay, scalping, etc., enabling more people to score some decent tickets, to some games), but the point is, the White Sox will have a pretty good dose of revenue before the season starts. This is the price of success, and it actually makes life better overall for Sox fans, in spite of tickets being harder to come by. Things like payroll increases to keep excellent core players, and to acquire other attractive players becomes very realistic when it gets like this. After all, this what we all have cheered for and dreamed about, right?

:cool:

IggyD
01-19-2006, 11:14 PM
[quote=chisox77]I'd say that by Opening Day, there's a good chance that a "built-in" average of 37,000 per game will be reached with advanced ticket sales. Of course, some of those tickets will hit the market again (stubhub, ebay, scalping, etc., enabling more people to score some decent tickets, to some games), but the point is, the White Sox will have a pretty good dose of revenue before the season starts. This is the price of success, and it actually makes life better overall for Sox fans, in spite of tickets being harder to come by. Things like payroll increases to keep excellent core players, and to acquire other attractive players becomes very realistic when it gets like this. After all, this what we all have cheered for and dreamed about, right?

:cool:[/quote
right..........]

Scottiehaswheels
01-19-2006, 11:22 PM
Don't know if anyone is interested but I have 1 lower bowl ticket to sell for about 25-30 games I can't make because of work.... Face+parking pass..... PM if at all interested.... Seat is 149 row7 seat 7

34 Inch Stick
01-20-2006, 12:21 PM
I just bought a Double Play Plan and could not get seats in the lower deck. I think I may have underestimated the crowds.

itsnotrequired
01-20-2006, 12:50 PM
I just bought a Double Play Plan and could not get seats in the lower deck. I think I may have underestimated the crowds.

There were no lower level multiples available for the Double Play on Ticketmaster as late as before Christmas. This only lasted a few days and they must have released some more tickets for the plan. There hasn't been any available in the lower level for at least a weeks now.

Domeshot17
01-20-2006, 12:56 PM
I got an ozzie plan for xmas, and 10 out of 13 are great seats. most games I am right behind the opposing [Bullpen] (where Thome should put about 30 out :D: ). I am guessing, with the Sox being very competitve with the cubs in terms of attendance, that Ozzie plans and all those are factored into it as well. Plus ( atleast people I know), plenty of people sprung for the lower rows of the upper deck. Im guessing first 3 weeks will be tough to get tickets, and as people said the big weekends ( cubs yankees etc) but games for the tigers twins etc should be decently available. I am guessing a large flow of tickets will be on the season ticket holder exchange on the white sox website as well. Just plan ahead. IF you know a week in advance You wanna catch a game, buy a week in advance.

itsnotrequired
01-20-2006, 01:03 PM
most games I am right behind the opposing dugout (where Thome should put about 30 out :D: ).

Expecting some foul balls, are we?:tongue:

Domeshot17
01-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Domeshot17
most games I am right behind the opposing dugout (where Thome should put about 30 out :D: ).

Expecting some foul balls, are we?:tongue:

HAHA sorry, My bad. Im pulling resumes off monster while I type this, multi tasking on a friday when work started at 9 and drinking ended at 3 isnt my speciality lol. Im behind the bullpen.

champagne030
01-20-2006, 01:22 PM
There were no lower level multiples available for the Double Play on Ticketmaster as late as before Christmas. This only lasted a few days and they must have released some more tickets for the plan. There hasn't been any available in the lower level for at least a weeks now.

Maybe that's online....I just talked with my rep and I asked him if I could get a lower deck double play package and he looked it up and said singles for box, but only about half of the lower deck reserved and bleachers are sold. Just letting you know what I was told.

itsnotrequired
01-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Maybe that's online....I just talked with my rep and I asked him if I could get a lower deck double play package and he looked it up and said singles for box, but only about half of the lower deck reserved and bleachers are sold. Just letting you know what I was told.

I figured as much. Some words of advice to those that are still looking to pick up a plan; call the Sox direct for the best seats.

jamokes
01-20-2006, 01:47 PM
I'm sure there are plenty of season ticket holders, corporate types, who bought into the season package only for the postseason.......my guess is there will be plenty of tickets available second hand, at least there better be!!:gulp:

WhiteSoxFan84
01-20-2006, 02:22 PM
If all else fails, I'll just call my boy Rocky Biddle and have him help me get some decent tickets.