PDA

View Full Version : Sheffeild not happy

Daver
01-02-2002, 01:08 PM
And has accused Dan Evans of lying to him.

http://www.sportingnews.com/baseball/articles/20020102/371595.html

This could prove interesting in the next few weeks.

Jerry_Manuel
01-02-2002, 01:13 PM
I'll watch from a far as all the Evans fans come out and speak their mind.

Daver
01-02-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
I'll watch from a far as all the Evans fans come out and speak their mind.

The papers in LA have been ripping him for two weeks.

Jerry_Manuel
01-02-2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by daver
The papers in LA have been ripping him for two weeks.

I think Kenny Williams screwed up. Again. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kip Wells pitch as good or better than Todd Ritchie next year when he's pitching for the Pirates. Pittsburgh GM David Littlefield has only been on the job a few months and he's already fleecing our guy. Tell me one more time why Kenny is running the show and Dan Evans is in Los Angeles?

I'm waiting for Kermit to defend Evans. Which he did above.

RedPinStripes
01-02-2002, 02:44 PM
Sounds like Danny Evans is having a rough time over there.

duke of dorwood
01-02-2002, 02:59 PM
I just cant feel sorry for poor Gary Sheffield, who will make 31.5 million over next 3 years. In fact, I cant stand his constant complaining. Just play ball and shut up. They should trade him to Kansas City and stick it to him

Daver
01-02-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
I just cant feel sorry for poor Gary Sheffield, who will make 31.5 million over next 3 years. In fact, I cant stand his constant complaining. Just play ball and shut up. They should trade him to Kansas City and stick it to him

KC could't afford him.

CubKilla
01-02-2002, 03:25 PM
The papers in LA have been ripping Evans for two weeks but they have been on Sheffield's case since last season's "Thomas and Sheffield: We Feel We Are Underpaid" grandstand. No matter what they say of Evans though in LA, they'd be even less happy if KW was running the Dodgers.

longshot7
01-03-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by CubsF'nBlow
The papers in LA have been ripping Evans for two weeks but they have been on Sheffield's case since last season's "Thomas and Sheffield: We Feel We Are Underpaid" grandstand. No matter what they say of Evans though in LA, they'd be even less happy if KW was running the Dodgers.

Sheff is not pulling a "I think I'm underpaid." The Dodgers keep dicking him around. Last year, he didn't ask to renegotiate his contract, although by current market prices, he IS underpaid - $9 mil a year, less than teammate Darren Dreifort - figure that one out - and he is the best player on the team. Last year was all about trying to get a contract extension so he could finish his career in LA. This offseason, the Dodgers have been trying to trade him like crazy, because owner Bob Daly is a crazy egomaniac who wants Sheff to kiss his feet, and Dan Evans is his puppet. Them trying to trade Sheffield is no secret, yet when Gary talks to to Evans, Danny tells him that he's not on the block. All he wants is a little honestly. Is that so much to ask? I don't think so.

LongDistanceFan
01-03-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by longshot7

Sheff is not pulling a "I think I'm underpaid." The Dodgers keep dicking him around. Last year, he didn't ask to renegotiate his contract, although by current market prices, he IS underpaid - $9 mil a year, less than teammate Darren Dreifort - figure that one out - and he is the best player on the team. Last year was all about trying to get a contract extension so he could finish his career in LA. This offseason, the Dodgers have been trying to trade him like crazy, because owner Bob Daly is a crazy egomaniac who wants Sheff to kiss his feet, and Dan Evans is his puppet. Them trying to trade Sheffield is no secret, yet when Gary talks to to Evans, Danny tells him that he's not on the block. All he wants is a little honestly. Is that so much to ask? I don't think so. ok.... so maybe he got caught with his pants down........ but a contract is a contract. the relationship was damage when gary wanted the life time contract.

so what happen if he told him the truth...... the next mag from gary's camp is.............. why should i play here, trade me, you don't want me here so why should i play here or play period.

it a catch 22 damn if i do damn if i don't.

someone said that the newspaper been on dan case............ for what?