PDA

View Full Version : Who the heck is this guy think he is?

caulfield12
01-18-2006, 07:19 AM
"People didn't show up there (at U.S. Cellular Field) until the playoffs and World Series. People just don't like going there. If it had the bars and atmosphere of a Wrigley Field, maybe. But they're not even close to the Cubs," Buzil said.

Ticket broker Steve Buzil, owner of Five Star Tickets in Chicago

Oops, just realized I added onto the title and messed it up grammatically...oh, well...by the way, the White Sox are already guaranteed of over 1.7 million in attendance and the season has not even started.

DumpJerry
01-18-2006, 07:28 AM
Ok Steve, do us a favor and save your money by not hogging any of those plentiful White Sox tickets since it would be a waste of your money. After all, we all know only drunks go to baseball games, that is why bars and not a world-class team on the field draws people to the games.

Good things kids don't like going to baseball games, after all with all those bars everywhere it is not safe for a 5 year old.

Without bars, people might (GASP!) watch the game........

Hangar18
01-18-2006, 07:39 AM
"People didn't show up there (at U.S. Cellular Field) until the playoffs and World Series. People just don't like going there. If it had the bars and atmosphere of a Wrigley Field, maybe. But they're not even close to the Cubs," Buzil said.

People were showing up by the time the AllStar Break rolled around, hes full of it. Good thing there are websites like this one where the other teams lies will always be exposed ............ Isnt that right Mr. *****?

itsnotrequired
01-18-2006, 07:43 AM

The guy is living in a fantasy land. If he doesn't believe the Sox are a hot ticket, then he doesn't have to carry them. I'm sure another broker will be more than happy to take any tickets off his hands.

In any event, who cares what this bozo thinks?

Hitmen77
01-18-2006, 07:50 AM
Ok Steve, do us a favor and save your money by not hogging any of those plentiful White Sox tickets since it would be a waste of your money. After all, we all know only drunks go to baseball games, that is why bars and not a world-class team on the field draws people to the games.

Good things kids don't like going to baseball games, after all with all those bars everywhere it is not safe for a 5 year old.

Without bars, people might (GASP!) watch the game........

Good one.

I don't see how any Flub fan can "brag" about Sox fans going to games because their winning when Cub fans only go to games because of the bars around Wrigley.

Yeah, you Sox fans are such terrible fans for going to see a winner. People who only go for the bars and don't care about the game are much better fans.

duke of dorwood
01-18-2006, 08:10 AM
A "Five Star" Jerk

Iwritecode
01-18-2006, 08:33 AM

Maybe he thinks this because no Sox fans are dumb enough to buy tickets at whatever inflated price he's asking for? I've never gone to a ticket scalp... uh... broker to get Sox tickets.

Cubs fans are dumb enough to buy tickets from a scapler owned by the Tribune Co. :rolleyes:

1951Campbell
01-18-2006, 08:40 AM

Dear Mr. Buzil,

My extended family and I--that's about 10 people--are planning to take a trip to Chicago this June, as many members of my family have not had the chance to visit the fine city of Chicago. As my father and I are long-time White Sox fans, we are of course going to take everyone to a White Sox game. I can only infer from your remarks that you do not offer tickets to June Sox games, for, if your assertion is correct, demand would be so low that we could simply purchase even very good seats directly from the Sox box office. If your assertion is incorrect, well, I guess we will be forced to avail ourselves of another ticket broker due to your rather unique business model and rather unique view of supply and demand.

Sincerely,

1951Campbell

DaleJRFan
01-18-2006, 08:55 AM
I went to a game the fifth week of the season and it was a playoff atmosphere. The buzz was there, even at the beginning of the season. Screw that guy... if him NOT liking USCF means that it'll keep him and his ******* Cubs fan friends away from MY park, then I'm behind what he said 100% :cool:

SoxFan78
01-18-2006, 09:00 AM

I was about to get mad then I saw the phrase before his name "Ticket Broker". Who's profession Is at the complete lowest on the food chain.

soxfan13
01-18-2006, 09:38 AM
hes an idiot but the sad thing is that last summers dream season is gonna make alot of guys like him lots of money this summer:angry:

MarySwiss
01-18-2006, 10:46 AM

Oops, just realized I added onto the title and messed it up grammatically...oh, well...by the way, the White Sox are already guaranteed of over 1.7 million in attendance and the season has not even started.

Well, he's right about the part where he says they're not even close to the Cubs. :cool:

Palehose13
01-18-2006, 10:53 AM

Mr Buzil-

The White Sox currently have over 20,000 season ticket holders.

SoxFan76
01-18-2006, 01:18 PM
Mr. Buzil,

I saw several Sox fans show up throughout the season. Sorry if 38,000 can't make it out to a rainy day afternoon game against the Royals, which I'm assuming are the types of games you only see.

Sincerely,

Soxfan76, 27 game season ticket holder for 2006.

A_ROW33
01-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Maybe he thinks this because no Sox fans are dumb enough to buy tickets at whatever inflated price he's asking for? I've never gone to a ticket scalp... uh... broker to get Sox tickets.

Cubs fans are dumb enough to buy tickets from a scapler owned by the Tribune Co. :rolleyes:

:rolling: :rolling: :thumbsup:

Droso5
01-18-2006, 01:57 PM
Well, someone should tell "Steve Buzil" that the only way the Cubs ever draw more to their games is by the bars and of course, signing explosive and hall of fame free agents like Candy Mullanando. Now that would bring peeps to US Cellular field.

I rest my case.

jvoboogie
01-18-2006, 05:00 PM
You have to love this stuff. I really believe that (and I 've said it in other posts) we gotta ignore these nitwits. As Lisa Simpson said in the "Attack of the 50 foot Ads" "Just don't look" And as the voice told Ray Kinsella "if you ignore them they will go away" (Wait that isn't right). The Bears losing was not so bad to me because of a World Series Championship". I don't know about anybody else but I've had this silly grin on my mug all winter because of this. Beer tastes better, the wind isn't as cold, Cub fans are more humorous (for real !) Its time to rise above and be what we've never been. CHAMPIONS!

Hoffdaddydmb
01-18-2006, 06:02 PM
Of course sox tickets aren't a popular buy from a ticket broker (scalper). We aren't dumb enough, or yuppie enough, to buy tickets from a scalper. Plus our organization doesn't rip us off with a on-the-side broker to raise prices. This guy is a total joke. Due to the fact that our tickets will be in higher demand this season I'll just have to buy them in advance instead of the day of and I'm ok with that. It's repeat time, baby!

miker
01-18-2006, 07:00 PM
I don't know about anybody else but I've had this silly grin on my mug all winter because of this. Beer tastes better, the wind isn't as cold, Cub fans are more humorous (for real !) Its time to rise above and be what we've never been. CHAMPIONS!
Nice perspective. :smile: