PDA

View Full Version : Single Game Tickets Sales Date Moved!

havelj
01-18-2006, 12:59 AM
"Individual game tickets to 2006 White Sox home games at U.S. Cellular Field, originally scheduled to go on sale Jan. 27, will go on sale Friday, Feb. 17 at 10:00 a.m. CT online at whitesox.com, through Ticketmaster phone lines at (312) 559-1212 and (866) SOX-GAME and at Chicagoland Ticketmaster outlets. With season tickets still being purchased, even after Tuesday's announcement, and group ticket demands remaining to be serviced, the individual sale date was pushed back in order to put the maximum amount of tickets on the market."

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060117&content_id=1297232&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

WCCMIKE
01-18-2006, 01:54 AM
Maybe it's cause i'm to tired but are they pretty much saying by pushing the date back there will be more tickets for the public.I would really like to know how that is possible:?:

CLR01
01-18-2006, 02:15 AM
Maybe it's cause i'm to tired but are they pretty much saying by pushing the date back there will be more tickets for the public.I would really like to know how that is possible:?:

If they sold the tickets for ind. games now they would hold a certain number back for future goup sales and by extension day of game releases. By giving those groups more time to order now they wont have to hold as many back when they do offer to the public. Of course its 1 am and I may just be typing out of my ass. It wouldn't be the first time.

MUsoxfan
01-18-2006, 02:18 AM
Of course its 1 am and I may just be typing out of my ass. It wouldn't be the first time.

Thank god...he's not a Dolphins fan after all:D:

Scottiehaswheels
01-18-2006, 02:24 AM
When do they allow people to post their individual games on the Ticket exchange? after they've mailed them out already?

kittle42
01-18-2006, 02:42 AM
Does this also push back the date on which the internet pre-sale of extra tickets for season-ticket holders from Jan. 25th?

Soxfanspcu11
01-18-2006, 02:43 AM
WCCMIKE, I understand what you are saying, and it really sounded strange to me when I read it for the first time.

But CLR01 does bring up a good point that I never would have thought of as far as trying to get all the ticket details together for season ticket holders and group packages so that they have more individual game tickets to sell, but something just doesn't seem right about it.

I'm VERY lucky because I was able to lock up a full-season plan in early November, but if I hadn't had some extra money saved up in the bank, there is no way I would have been able to do so. And if I didn't have tickets for the entire season locked up, this new announcement would have really pissed me off!

I mean, it really seems that the REAL motivation behind this policy change is so they can stretch out the alloted time in which potential customers can purchase season tickets, and thereby increase the number of season ticket holders. And I don't really have a problem with that, specifically, but it really seems like they might be "squeezing" true fans that just don't have the money to put down on a full or partial season. I mean, I have plenty of friends who have been die-hard Sox fans for their entire lives, who simply do not have the money to go in on season tickets. What are they supposed to do?? Are they going to be put at yet another disadvantage so that Sox "fans" with the most money can purchase more season tickets before true fans on a limited budget can even get their hands on tickets for ONE game!?!?!?!

The whole thing just sounds strange to me, and I really hope that the situation is what CLR01 says.

Scottiehaswheels
01-18-2006, 02:49 AM
Does this also push back the date on which the internet pre-sale of extra tickets for season-ticket holders from Jan. 25th?

I got an email from my rep either today or yesterday that they will push back the pre-sale to Feb 12th or so... I gotta pick up a bunch of different weekend games so I can take my gf and her kid with me...

mweflen
01-18-2006, 04:17 AM
So does this mean they will not sell single game tickets at the windows? if not, I won't be buying any. I'll be damned before I pay ticketmaster that much money. :angry:

spiffie
01-18-2006, 10:41 AM
WCCMIKE, I understand what you are saying, and it really sounded strange to me when I read it for the first time.

But CLR01 does bring up a good point that I never would have thought of as far as trying to get all the ticket details together for season ticket holders and group packages so that they have more individual game tickets to sell, but something just doesn't seem right about it.

I'm VERY lucky because I was able to lock up a full-season plan in early November, but if I hadn't had some extra money saved up in the bank, there is no way I would have been able to do so. And if I didn't have tickets for the entire season locked up, this new announcement would have really pissed me off!

I mean, it really seems that the REAL motivation behind this policy change is so they can stretch out the alloted time in which potential customers can purchase season tickets, and thereby increase the number of season ticket holders. And I don't really have a problem with that, specifically, but it really seems like they might be "squeezing" true fans that just don't have the money to put down on a full or partial season. I mean, I have plenty of friends who have been die-hard Sox fans for their entire lives, who simply do not have the money to go in on season tickets. What are they supposed to do?? Are they going to be put at yet another disadvantage so that Sox "fans" with the most money can purchase more season tickets before true fans on a limited budget can even get their hands on tickets for ONE game!?!?!?!

The whole thing just sounds strange to me, and I really hope that the situation is what CLR01 says.
Thanks for putting me and all of us on this board who dare to save our cash to buy tickets into quotes.

Life is full of hard choices. I value my Sox package more than pretty much anything except for paying rent and staying fed. So I cut some corners to make sure that I have my cash for my package. Of course, I could just buy an Ozzie plan for about $200 to make sure I go to a bunch of games, but I can see where that would be too much planning. They could get rid of season tickets altogether, but then the complaint would be that scalpers cheat Ticketmaster to get all the good seats to sell to "fans" instead of real true die-hard fans who don't seem to ever want to spend more than $20 a year on their team.

Sorry if it seems like I'm going off on you PCU, but I'm just tired of the constant bitching about how "it's all rich people getting the tickets" or "the real fans get shut out". Apparently there's some sort of standard which people should have to reach before they are allowed into the sacred confines of USCF. And from some of the complaints I've seen, that standard should include not wanting to spend much money on the Sox and not wanting to see more than a couple of games a year.

It grates on me because there will be tickets available for games, and NO ONE who wants to see a game this year will be unable to. Will some games be off-limits? Certainly. I'm very sorry that the people who have supported this team consistently and with their wallets through the years will be the ones to get to see the Opening Night and Day games, or the Crosstown games, whereas the single game buyers will have to settle for Detroit on a Wed. night. But in the end, that's what the complaints boil down to. They're either "I can't see exactly what games I want from the seats I want" or "I should be able to buy tickets when I feel like to any game I choose". And I just can't work up sympathy for that.

WSox8404
01-18-2006, 10:57 AM
Wow....there are 20,000+ season tickets sold now. What was the figure on this the last few years? I am assuming around 10 or so.

WSox8404
01-18-2006, 11:00 AM
Wow....there are 20,000+ season tickets sold now. What was the figure on this the last few years? I am assuming around 10 or so.

Woops, didn't see the thread on this. My fault.

WCCMIKE
01-18-2006, 02:33 PM
What blows i'm not able to get season tickets and i knew i was gonna have a hard time getting tickets now it will be just as hard:whiner: