PDA

View Full Version : NOW A-Rod to play for USA

buehrle4cy05
01-17-2006, 10:33 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060117&content_id=1297289&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

The whole WBC is already a joke, this only adds to it.

ChiSoxGirl
01-17-2006, 10:35 PM
Geeze, PayRod! Pick one already, will ya?! :rolleyes:

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-17-2006, 10:40 PM
That's too bad. I was hoping a guy of ARod's caliber would stay out of this joke.

LuvSox
01-17-2006, 10:45 PM
That sews it up, team USA won't win. :D:

dakuda
01-17-2006, 10:59 PM
I was just sick of all the see-saw drama.
C'mon, does baseball revolve around this guy? It wasn't like the balannce of the universe hinged on his decision, but you would never know that reading reports.

kittle42
01-17-2006, 11:14 PM
I'd like to announce that I'm playing for Poland.

ilsox7
01-17-2006, 11:36 PM
I'd like to announce that I'm playing for Poland.

Actually, under the rules of the WBC, I wouldn't be surprised if WSI could claim country status and throw together a team. Save your efforts for the Flying Sock!

soxfanatlanta
01-18-2006, 06:37 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060117&content_id=1297289&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

The whole WBC is already a joke, this only adds to it.

Ahh, well now I can sleep in peace knowing that A-Rod is making the WBC a legitimate tournament.

Baby Fisk
01-18-2006, 08:38 AM
Actually, under the rules of the WBC, I wouldn't be surprised if WSI could claim country status and throw together a team. Save your efforts for the Flying Sock!
The Bova Republic. :thumbsup:

mccoydp
01-18-2006, 09:09 AM
I was just sick of all the see-saw drama.
C'mon, does baseball revolve around this guy?
Acrually, I thought it revolved around Manny-what's-his-name in Bah-stun.

jdm2662
01-18-2006, 09:14 AM
I'm going to play for Team JDM. Who wants to try out?

Jerko
01-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Great. EVERY team A-Rod leaves seems to get better after he is gone, so the DR is gonna win it for sure now. Hey A-Rod quit being one of these:

http://lightsout.onestop.net/attention.jpg

and make up your damn mind. :angry:

1951Campbell
01-18-2006, 09:50 AM
The Hamlet Club would like to welcome A-Rod. A-Rod, meet members Brett Favre and Manny Ramirez.

Fenway
01-18-2006, 09:53 AM
another thing Selig has done which has gone over like a lead balloon. He doesn't want any team televising spring training games when a WBC game is being telecast

FedEx227
01-18-2006, 12:08 PM
What started as a slightly good idea, has become a complete and utter joke. How can you not know what country you're going to play for? How can Mike Piazza play for Italy...

its just a joke, MLB needs to look at how Professional basketball holds World Competitions (outside of the U.S.)

Lip Man 1
01-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Unless Cuba is allowed to play in this you are going to see teams begin pulling out. The International Baseball Governing Body according to S.I. is threatening to not sanction this 'event' because of Cuba.

That means any team that participates in it will risk being allowed to play in their sanctioned events like the World Championships.

We'll see.

Lip

Ol' No. 2
01-18-2006, 01:35 PM
What started as a slightly good idea, has become a complete and utter joke. How can you not know what country you're going to play for? How can Mike Piazza play for Italy...

its just a joke, MLB needs to look at how Professional basketball holds World Competitions (outside of the U.S.)I don't understand why Canada is having trouble putting together a team. Anyone who's ever eaten a piece of Canadian bacon is eligible.:rolleyes:

ondafarm
01-18-2006, 01:52 PM
How can you not know what country you're going to play for? How can Mike Piazza play for Italy...

Although they are not participating in this edition, I was recently contacted by someone from Baseball New Zealand wondering about my work status, would I return to New Zealand and would I be interested in being a coach/manager for one of their subsidiary teams. I would then be able to be eligible for the next cycle of WBC team selections.

I'd have to live in New Zealand again.

I'd have to coach kids who know next to nothing about baseball (the only baseball related popular book in NZ is a fictional piece about a rogue owner of the White Sox who dies and leaves to team to the Soviet National Committee. I believe the title is "A Pennant for the Kremlin" anyone know of this book?)

I'd have to work on hitting again (I was a career .240 hitter in at best AA ball.)

I'd have to speak with the ex-wife again (when we divorced we split the world, she got the bottom half.)

Fenway
01-20-2006, 09:12 AM
AUDIO

A-Rod explains himself to Michael Kay on ESPN New York
ALEX RODRIGUEZ from 1/19 by CLICKING HERE (http://rope.wepn.fimc.net/ARODONWBC.mp3)