PDA

View Full Version : Player Introductions

WSox8404
01-17-2006, 07:01 PM
Why did the Sox go to the practice of having the players run onto the field in order instead of how it was when the entire team took the field all at once? I wish there was a way we could persuade them somehow to go back to the way it was. Maybe its just me but I sure thought it was more exciting when they all ran out there at once.

KONERKOSBALDSPOT
01-17-2006, 07:49 PM
I have to whole heartedly agree. Having the players take the field one by one seems a bit contradictory to the whole notion of the Sox identity being that of a team, not a group of stat hungry individuals.

HomeFish
01-17-2006, 08:35 PM
In a radio interview, Brooks Boyer once put it this way; if there's a six year old in the stands who plays shortstop in little league, he might want to have a moment where he can cheer individually for Jose Valentin.

The change I think they should make is that the DH should lean out of the dugout and tip his cap when his name is called. Currently, he just stays on the bench.

TornLabrum
01-17-2006, 08:39 PM
In a radio interview, Brooks Boyer once put it this way; if there's a six year old in the stands who plays shortstop in little league, he might want to have a moment where he can cheer individually for Jose Valentin.

The change I think they should make is that the DH should lean out of the dugout and tip his cap when his name is called. Currently, he just stays on the bench.

At last July's WCSF luncheon, Brooks added that it gives the fans a chance to cheer for their favorites and for each player to be recognized by the fans.

doublem23
01-17-2006, 08:41 PM
Brooks has done wonders since taking the office, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I personally don't like the individual introductions, but when you can individually introduce members of the Defending World Champion White Sox, I'll find a way to cope. :wink:

Red Barchetta
01-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Brooks has done wonders since taking the office, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I personally don't like the individual introductions, but when you can individually introduce members of the Defending World Champion White Sox, I'll find a way to cope. :wink:

After winning the World Series last year, I don't want them to change a thing! :smile: It is works, don't fix it.

SoxFan76
01-17-2006, 09:11 PM
I like the individual introductions. It gives the fans a chance to show how much they really feel about a certain player. It was fun to see the reactions Podsednik started to get when introduced by himself.

Brian26
01-17-2006, 09:56 PM
I like the individual introductions. It gives the fans a chance to show how much they really feel about a certain player. It was fun to see the reactions Podsednik started to get when introduced by himself.

When things are going well, the player introductions are great. I'm not looking forward to the day when a .200 hitting Royce Clayton or Joe Borchard has to take the field with an individual introduction...that could be really ugly.

thomas35forever
01-17-2006, 11:22 PM
I feel indifferent about the whole thing. It doesn't really matter how the team is introduced. All that matters is that they're all on the same team and that they all play to win.

mike squires
01-18-2006, 12:28 AM
When things are going well, the player introductions are great. I'm not looking forward to the day when a .200 hitting Royce Clayton or Joe Borchard has to take the field with an individual introduction...that could be really ugly.

You mean Royce may be back?!:o:

starboy0
01-18-2006, 05:39 AM
There's a few things that bug me but then I remember that for a kid coming to the park for the first time those very things must seem incredibly cool and wonderful.

HomeFish
01-18-2006, 07:54 AM

Joe Borchard and Ben Davis were regularly introduced that way late in the 2004 season. There was much more cheering than I thought appropriate.

Bobbo35
01-18-2006, 12:59 PM

I liked it the way before where they were introduced as a team. The cell seemed a lot louder and it stays with the team concept. I am also with keeping the same as last year because everything went so well.

tacosalbarojas
01-18-2006, 01:45 PM
I liked it the way before where they were introduced as a team. The cell seemed a lot louder and it stays with the team concept. I am also with keeping the same as last year because everything went so well.Agreed. This isn't hoops where the starting five get introduced. Speaking of which, won't it be fun to welcome Eddy Curry back to town tonight.

bechtel129
01-19-2006, 01:33 AM
I just got back from that game 1 hr ago, crazy stuff went down, nice win though (lame bulls this year though, jan and feb are gonna blow!)

Dolly
01-19-2006, 02:04 AM
You mean Royce may be back?!:o: Ugh... don't even joke about that... he was a nightmare!!!

mweflen
01-19-2006, 02:38 AM
I hate the individual player intros.

But Brooks says everyone else likes them.

So it just must be me.:rolleyes: