PDA

View Full Version : Question about opening day tix.

Jurr
01-17-2006, 06:04 PM
I am making the pilgrimage to the motherland for opening day, as many of us are. I am planning on spending a bit of coin on some tickets, and I'm hoping to get tickets on the day of purchase (yeah..good luck). I figure that it can't be any harder than playoff tickets, because the corporate faction of tickets won't be taken up, but realistically, what do you think opening day tickets are going to run on the street or from brokers? Do you think they'll exceed 200 bucks a seat?

TheDarkGundam
01-17-2006, 06:17 PM
I am making the pilgrimage to the motherland for opening day, as many of us are. I am planning on spending a bit of coin on some tickets, and I'm hoping to get tickets on the day of purchase (yeah..good luck). I figure that it can't be any harder than playoff tickets, because the corporate faction of tickets won't be taken up, but realistically, what do you think opening day tickets are going to run on the street or from brokers? Do you think they'll exceed 200 bucks a seat?
they've got 'em for 115 on Stubhub

Sox35th
01-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Well, I've seen them for $200-500 lower bowl and around $120 for upper. But, I think day of game you should see tickets going for well under $90

It just way to early now and the prices will hold...

BeefyD
01-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Exactly, wait until that day. There will be plenty still available on Stubhub with the prices dropping by the minute. You'll get in, no doubt, and probably for $100.

I know that Stubhub has a local ticket pickup near the park, but not exactly sure.

Jerko
01-17-2006, 07:24 PM
Exactly, wait until that day. There will be plenty still available on Stubhub with the prices dropping by the minute. You'll get in, no doubt, and probably for $100.

I know that Stubhub has a local ticket pickup near the park, but not exactly sure.

I think it's on 35th street just west of lot G. It's a little room behind/connected to the restaurant on 35th and Normal IIRC.

jamokes
01-17-2006, 08:35 PM
I'm with you for Opening Day........gotta have some lower deck tickets and lots of tailgating!!!! Go Sox!!!:smile:

doublem23
01-17-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm thinking about coming up, too. Since the game is Sunday night now (right?) it'd make for a nice little weekend in Chicago. Capped off by seeing the World Series banner raised?

:thud:

tacosalbarojas
01-18-2006, 02:52 PM
I think it's on 35th street just west of lot G. It's a little room behind/connected to the restaurant on 35th and Normal IIRC.You are correct, sir.