PDA

View Full Version : Ballpark attire for the season

thomas35forever
01-17-2006, 03:10 PM
Which is a better cap to wear to games this season: the authentic game cap or the world championship cap?

Also, wouldn't you agree that all Sox fans who go to a Cubs-Sox game this year should wear world championship gear rather than just regular team attire?

Law11
01-17-2006, 03:14 PM
Which is a better cap to wear to games this season: the authentic game cap or the world championship cap?

Also, wouldn't you agree that all Sox fans who go to a Cubs-Sox game this year should wear world championship gear rather than just regular team attire?

I think we should all go back to the old days of derby hats, suits & ties..
That would be so nice and cool in August...

BainesHOF
01-17-2006, 03:17 PM
The fewer clothes on the women, the better.

ondafarm
01-17-2006, 03:39 PM
I definately wear the World Championship cap around all the Cub fans that I know.

SOXintheBURGH
01-17-2006, 03:44 PM
Entire stadium in World Championship attire, perpetual 1908 chant.

Tekijawa
01-17-2006, 03:45 PM
I'm going to get a big Sox Tattoo across my chest and just wear a Black Thong with a Silver Cod piece. I have season tickets but I'm going to sit in seats that aren't mine and get booted as much as possible on the way to my seats, and leave as much "sweat" on them as possible and watch the reactions!

itsnotrequired
01-17-2006, 03:48 PM
I'm going to get a big Sox Tattoo across my chest and just wear a Black Thong with a Silver Cod piece. I have season tickets but I'm going to sit in seats that aren't mine and get booted as much as possible on the way to my seats, and leave as much "sweat" on them as possible and watch the reactions!

:rolling:

I'm trying to figure out how I can wear a suit made entirely of White Sox player's cleats.

ShoelessJoeS
01-17-2006, 03:50 PM
When going to a Sox game this year, I'm most likely going to sport my World Champions hat and which ever jersey feels lucky that day (I have 6).

ChiSoxLifer
01-17-2006, 03:57 PM
If I were at the game I would wear my pre-2005 gear just to show I've been a lifelong fan. Outside of the Cell, I wear my World Series gear as much as possible. A little advertising never hurts.

Tekijawa
01-17-2006, 03:59 PM

"OH, I'm sorry is this your seat? I must have sat here last game?!?!"

CWSpalehoseCWS
01-17-2006, 04:02 PM
I think I would were the White Sox hat with the WS patch on the side. Then for the Sox / Cubs game, definitly were the World Champs hat.

chisoxfanatic
01-17-2006, 04:17 PM
I'll pick a random shirt out of my Sox drawer on the typical game nights; however, it's only Championship gear when I go to the Friday game against the Cubs on the 19th of May. I've been ridiculed for being a Sox fan by Cubs fans with much less to croak about...it's time to return the favor--and then more!!!

C-Dawg
01-17-2006, 04:25 PM
There is one particular Cub fan I see often, who was so GLOATING at the prospect of the Indians overtaking the Sox in September - now whenever he's around I ALWAYS wear the World Series stuff - he's forgotten what I look like without it.

As for gamewear - my favorites include my late-80s "White Sox" in script T-shirt, my old Spring Training T-shirt, my 1983 jersey, or my nice grey dugout jacket. If its real hot then its just a sleeveless Sox t-shirt and shorts. I'm not very fashion conscious.

DumpJerry
01-17-2006, 04:53 PM
What are these "Cub fans" everyone seems to be concerned about and what do we need to prove to them?

nebraskasox
01-17-2006, 04:58 PM
What are these "Cub fans" everyone seems to be concerned about and what do we need to prove to them?

This has always been my feeling. Grew up with the Sox and they have always been baseball to me. The other teams are just that - other teams.

ws05champs
01-17-2006, 05:08 PM
I let my dog sniff the armpits and wear the shirt he finds least interesting.

WinOrDyeTrying
01-17-2006, 05:24 PM
Kind of off topic, but who else thinks that we should have our own version of that "Woo Woo" guy (now wait, hear me out on this one!), only instead of annoying owl-Esq chants by a seemingly homeless man dressed as a Cubs bat-boy, we have someone just dressed as Darth Vader. Maybe have a Paulie jersey on, but thats it. No annoying chants. Just a tough, brooding, quiet son of a bitch. The showdown with Ronny Woo Woo (is that his name?) will be memorable.

bigfoot
01-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Kind of off topic, but who else thinks that we should have our own version of that "Woo Woo" guy (now wait, hear me out on this one!), only instead of annoying owl-Esq chants by a seemingly homeless man dressed as a Cubs bat-boy, we have someone just dressed as Darth Vader. Maybe have a Paulie jersey on, but thats it. No annoying chants. Just a tough, brooding, quiet son of a bitch. The showdown with Ronny Woo Woo (is that his name?) will be memorable.

Uh, NO!

WinOrDyeTrying
01-17-2006, 05:50 PM
Well that was quick.

Just throwing ideas out there :cool:

Dan Mega
01-17-2006, 05:59 PM
The fewer clothes on the women, the better.

Spoken like a true Cubs bleacher bum:rolleyes:

HomeFish
01-17-2006, 09:48 PM

We have the M&M jacket guy. I'm sure he has superpowers of some kind.

IggyD
01-17-2006, 10:05 PM
WS hat vs cubs..that is certain....as for shirts...random. Can't wait to get my World Series Champions Wool & leather reversable Jacket for early and late in the season.

As for an idiot around the park...well...do you think that guy with the white socks for ears from the World Series DVD will be around more? God I hope not...I did not think we had those types of fans....makes me long for mullets

JohnBasedowYoda
01-17-2006, 10:59 PM
I'm trying to figure out if i should retire the 1917 jersey.

JohnBasedowYoda
01-17-2006, 11:00 PM

Oh man, call a priest.

Cuck the Fubs
01-17-2006, 11:07 PM

I've got the Vader suit already:D: and a Paulie Jersey....and a set of Stormtrooper armor done up like the Sox uniform!

Chisox003
01-17-2006, 11:15 PM
Yellow shirt from 1912, dark blue shorts, dirtiest sox hat.....ever, a nice blue apron, and of course....a huge pole full of cotton candy!

Oh, and tips are now required to non-beer vendors....seriously :o:

:tongue:

StockdaleForVeep
01-17-2006, 11:55 PM
I think we should all go back to the old days of derby hats, suits & ties..
That would be so nice and cool in August...

I'll stop by the my local haberdasher as soon as the season begins ::wink::

scottyl
01-18-2006, 12:05 AM

Excellent point. Agreed.

Soxfanspcu11
01-18-2006, 12:33 AM
If I were at the game I would wear my pre-2005 gear just to show I've been a lifelong fan. Outside of the Cell, I wear my World Series gear as much as possible. A little advertising never hurts.

This is the point that I was going to make. The World Series gear is great and everything, but anyone could have purchased them after the Series. The old Sox gear is what bares your soul!!!! lol, okay, that was kind of cheesy, but you know what I mean.

I have a Sox hat that is white on white and I wore it all summer and by October is was black, grey, gritty and dirty, just disgusting. I would have never washed it, but it got to the point that when you put it on, you could smell the sweat emanating off of it, it was noxious! So I finally decided to run it through the wash.

That being said, I think a nice, 50/50 mixture of old Sox gear (to prove your loyalty) and brand spankin' new World Series gear is a great combo.

DumpJerry
01-18-2006, 12:40 AM
Excellent point. Agreed.
Thanks!

dpbyron
01-18-2006, 04:10 AM
Entire stadium in World Championship attire, perpetual 1908 chant.

I am sooooooo looking forward to that chant! :bandance:

soxfanatlanta
01-18-2006, 06:51 AM
This is the point that I was going to make. The World Series gear is great and everything, but anyone could have purchased them after the Series. The old Sox gear is what bares your soul!!!! lol, okay, that was kind of cheesy, but you know what I mean.
I like cheese; old jerseys and ratted hats proove you were in the pain when others were drinking it up at the Cubbie Bear.

Its kinda like seeing someone with a Spingsteen "The River" concert t-shirt: they have been around a long while, and there is nothing you can tell them that they don't already know about the Boss.

I've got two hats, one that I wear regularly, and one that I have to dust off every year, it rarely sees the light of day. It's the only autographed item I have - from Ozzie when he was a player. What he was doing in a tiny bar on 135th and Harlem, I'll never know. I might have to bust that one out if I can see them in Tampa, get another signature (one as a player, one as a champ)

Don't forget sandals - you have to have sandals for the summer games, period. I have a pair with a 'church key' on the bottom, in case I need to open a bottle of, you know, coke or something.

tacosalbarojas
01-18-2006, 01:47 PM
I definately wear the World Championship cap around all the Cub fans that I know.Always. When I know I'll be seeing cub fans, I'm like a walking billboard for the 2005 world champs. Of course, I'm also like that when I don't know I'll be seeing cub fans.

Baby Fisk
01-18-2006, 02:43 PM

Last week, I fancied the idea of wearing a Sox hoodie to my next Sox game with a skull mask under it. Not sure if they would let me bring a scythe into the ballpark tho...

http://www.moviepostershop.com/item_img/1-25996.jpg

chisox77
01-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Let's see, I have two regular black game day sox caps - I split the wearing time between these. One is the classic game day cap, the other is fitted, with the extended beak (with "Chicago" on the tip of the beak).

Then it's a regular T-shirt (red ones seem to be lucky since some of the most impressive Sox wins happen when I wear a red T). If it's cooler, I'll wear the Sox gamer jacket over it (the one you see Coop wear), but there's always a T-shirt underneath.

I have the locker room WS cap that is awesome. I have worn it at times, but is is so nice, I feel that I should preserve it, while wearing the alternate WS cap, which I also like (it is black, with "World Series Champions 2005" wrapped around the classic Sox logo, which is placed in the center - I'll probably wear that one to some games.

:cool:

Dolly
01-18-2006, 03:32 PM
Spoken like a true Cubs bleacher bum:rolleyes: Is the teal really necessary on this one? I thought the same thing when I read that post....:rolleyes:

C-Dawg
01-18-2006, 04:56 PM
It kinda like seeing someone with a Spingsteen "The River" concert t-shirt: they have beed around a long while, and there is nothing you can tell them that they don't already know about the Boss.

Heh heh, yeah that's true - but I've seen a few 40-something guys wearing concert T's they bought in the 70s, which is cool, but they've put on 30 pounds or more. We just need to find a way to make the shirts we bought at age 17 grow with us! (I know I have a couple shirts in that category)

soxjim
01-18-2006, 06:30 PM
[quote=Soxfanspcu11]This is the point that I was going to make. The World Series gear is great and everything, but anyone could have purchased them after the Series. The old Sox gear is what bares your soul!!!! lol, okay, that was kind of cheesy, but you know what I mean.

Yes I know what you mean. This evening while getting my haircut somebody made a comment about my SOX jacket and hat being old. I told them the jacket and hat were about 12 years old. I also told him, I have older items than that at home.