PDA

View Full Version : Felix Diaz to Japan

Lorenzo Barcelo
01-17-2006, 01:35 PM
Feliz Diaz signed with the Hiroshima Carp of Japan. Just a lil tidbit.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-17-2006, 02:30 PM
Where is Lorenzo Barcelo now?

FedEx227
01-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Hopefully peeling potatoes.

HomeFish
01-17-2006, 03:13 PM
The Hiroshima Carp is the team that discovered Timo Perez.

ondafarm
01-17-2006, 03:29 PM
The Carp (who also wear copies of University of Chicago baseball uniforms) are the real cheapskates of the central league. While they always had decent pitching their offensive 'might' would be better described as 'might not' and they always kept the budget low and pare. Signing as a free agent with them is like signing with the Milwaukee Brewers. They did have the foresight to start a training camp for foreigners taking in under age players from the Caribbean. Timo Perez and Soriano came out of there.

Lorenzo Barcelo
01-17-2006, 04:50 PM
Barcelo was back with the Giants a couple of years back, but since then I cannot find him at all. Googled him everywhere but no find :(:

rdivaldi
01-17-2006, 06:28 PM
Barcelo was back with the Giants a couple of years back, but since then I cannot find him at all. Googled him everywhere but no find :(:

He hasn't pitched since 2003 when he was at AAA Fresno. The injuries just took their toll. Too many curveballs if you ask me.

JUribe1989
01-17-2006, 06:40 PM
Best of luck to Felix Diaz in Japan!

The Dude
01-17-2006, 06:44 PM
The Hiroshima Carp is the team that discovered Timo Perez.

Quite a discovery!!!

Stoky44
01-17-2006, 08:19 PM
"F to the dizzy" is going to make a huge impact in the majors again in a few years! The Sox dropped the ball on this one. Japan got a steal.

Taliesinrk
01-17-2006, 08:39 PM
"F to the dizzy" is going to make a huge impact in the majors again in a few years! The Sox dropped the ball on this one. Japan got a steal.

Perhaps.. but I can tell you that the only one to drop the ball on the few games I had the pleasure (?) to watch him throw in was Felix Diaz.

Banix12
01-18-2006, 12:10 AM

I was wondering when you would show up in this thread with that stupid nickname.

FedEx227
01-18-2006, 12:20 PM
Ya I really hope hes trying to make a joke with the F-to the DIZZY thing... theres no way Felix Diaz could possibly have a fan or that somebody would be so blinded by his mediocrity.

Banix12
01-18-2006, 01:42 PM
Ya I really hope hes trying to make a joke with the F-to the DIZZY thing... theres no way Felix Diaz could possibly have a fan or that somebody would be so blinded by his mediocrity.

He's just baiting people into starting an argument about Diaz. If you respond to him detailing why Diaz isn't that great he'll just keep repeating the same sentence over and over again about how the sox "dropped the ball". He did the same thing in the Diaz appreciation thread.

soxfanreggie
01-18-2006, 04:08 PM
Best of luck Felix, hope you like good sushi. If you make it back to the majors with another team, please pitch how you did with us.

voodoochile
01-18-2006, 04:25 PM
He's just baiting people into starting an argument about Diaz. If you respond to him detailing why Diaz isn't that great he'll just keep repeating the same sentence over and over again about how the sox "dropped the ball". He did the same thing in the Diaz appreciation thread.

It's called trolling and if he keeps it up, he won't be around much anymore...

ondafarm
01-18-2006, 05:40 PM
Before anything else gets said, I just want to say I hope Felix Diaz does well in Japan. He did have good stuff, it's just the Sox didn't have the pitching spot to waste on him while he corrected his head problems. His stuff had Jon Garland written all over it, good fastball, major league caliber change and a cut fastball. He is equally adept at keeping lefties off-stride as righties. Unfortunately, Garland came up at a time when the Sox had the rotation spot to waste on a basicly .500 pitcher and Garland finally (hope it's finally) got out of the 'big inning syndrome' which plagued him for several years. Diaz has the stuff to do well in Japan and I hope that he does well for the Carp, they could use the pitching.

SoxFan76
01-18-2006, 06:18 PM
Quite a discovery!!!

Dude, did Timo kick your dog or something? You really seem to have a strong dislike for the guy.

Banix12
01-19-2006, 12:06 AM
Before anything else gets said, I just want to say I hope Felix Diaz does well in Japan. He did have good stuff, it's just the Sox didn't have the pitching spot to waste on him while he corrected his head problems. His stuff had Jon Garland written all over it, good fastball, major league caliber change and a cut fastball. He is equally adept at keeping lefties off-stride as righties. Unfortunately, Garland came up at a time when the Sox had the rotation spot to waste on a basicly .500 pitcher and Garland finally (hope it's finally) got out of the 'big inning syndrome' which plagued him for several years. Diaz has the stuff to do well in Japan and I hope that he does well for the Carp, they could use the pitching.

I hope he does well as well. Diaz certainly has major league quality stuff but what seemed to be his problem was he seemed to have a hard time adjusting to hitters when they adjusted to him. Usually the first time through the order he could do the job but that second time through he seemed to struggle.

MasQbellesa
01-20-2006, 12:47 PM
FYI, Felix was the starting pitcher in the Dominican Republic's winter league Finals game on Tuesday night. His team, Los Tigres de Licey (Santo Domingo) beat the Aguilas (Cibao) in 11 innings, 11 to 6. Licey lost last night 3-2. I believe they play best of 9 games.

bigfoot
01-30-2006, 04:31 PM
Looks like Felix will be a Nippon Ham Fighter next year, instead

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/sports/20060130TDY21011.htm

rdivaldi
01-30-2006, 10:27 PM
Looks like Felix will be a Nippon Ham Fighter next year, instead

Mmmmmmmm, ham.......