PDA

View Full Version : Dont Stop Believing...

ChiSoxIn06
01-16-2006, 10:08 PM
Ok I for one am still kind of peeved by the fact that this journey song was the anthem for our white sox. So I have proposed another idea. Now for those who listen to metal music you will completely agree with me on this one, for those who are not all i ask is that you give the song a listen and also read the lyrics to this song before you judge it. I don't currently have a link for it but i suggest you go to yahoo music and check it out. The song is "Live For This" by Hatebreed...and as you listen just think of highlights from the year to go with the song...i will soon be starting a highlight video with this song featured in it..let me know some idea for highlights and also your stance on the song. Thanks and go SOX!

I want Mags back
01-16-2006, 10:11 PM
"Live for this", sounds like those MLB comercials i cant stand. and its a little late to change the theme now.

SoxFan76
01-16-2006, 10:15 PM
Ok I for one am still kind of peeved by the fact that this journey song was the anthem for our white sox. So I have proposed another idea. Now for those who listen to metal music you will completely agree with me on this one, for those who are not all i ask is that you give the song a listen and also read the lyrics to this song before you judge it. I don't currently have a link for it but i suggest you go to yahoo music and check it out. The song is "Live For This" by Hatebreed...and as you listen just think of highlights from the year to go with the song...i will soon be starting a highlight video with this song featured in it..let me know some idea for highlights and also your stance on the song. Thanks and go SOX!

:rolleyes:

Dude, it's Journey. I love em, but they're not a band to take too seriously. It's just fun music to put people in a good mood. Don't get to caught up in genres.

TheDarkGundam
01-16-2006, 10:17 PM
"DSB" was a one time thing. It was created by the 3 stooges (AJ, Crede, and Rowand), as Buehrle pointed out constantly. It was just an inside joke that got big when the media found out about it. IMO, the Sox shouldn't use it at all in 2006. But, I did like it for the 05 Sox (even if Buehrle didn't).

ChiSoxIn06
01-16-2006, 10:17 PM
yeah i get your point but this championship team was a "grinder" team, not a happy go lucky team, so i feel they should have a more aggressive song to symbolize them.

oeo
01-16-2006, 10:20 PM
Who cares? They picked a crappy song (which just happens to be one of my favorite now that it was featured by the White Sox) and they ran with it. They sucked at singing it, it wasn't the best song ever, it's not perfect just like 2005 White Sox. You can't change the theme song, bud.

itsnotrequired
01-16-2006, 10:20 PM
yeah i get your point but this championship team was a "grinder" team, not a happy go lucky team, so i feel they should have a more aggressive song to symbolize them.
I'll only support it if Sox players perform all the requisite hardcore dance moves. You know, windmill, 'making pizzas', 'picking up change', etc.

:redneck

ChiSoxIn06
01-16-2006, 10:22 PM
I'll only support it if Sox players perform all the requisite hardcore dance moves. You know, windmill, 'making pizzas', 'picking up change', etc.

:redneck

dont forget about the slam dancing :smile:

SoxFan76
01-16-2006, 10:24 PM

eh, I don't really feel that way. I saw them as a bunch of normal guys who really enjoyed their job and had fun with it. Hence the song.

TomBradley72
01-16-2006, 10:28 PM
They didn't "pick the song" it just kind of happened....corniness and all. Depending on the bar, the number of drinks and how late at night it is...we'll see what emerges in 2006.

itsnotrequired
dont forget about the slam dancing :smile:
Bah, that's for the amateurs. I'm talking about Iron Fists and the Lion March.:D:

batmanZoSo
I think they should've went with When the Lights Go Down in the City, but change it to "and the sun shines on the lake" instead of "the bay." Journey achieved rock ballad perfection with that song. What a great tune...:redneck

ChiSoxIn06
01-16-2006, 10:30 PM
just out of curiosity has anyone actually heard the song?

itsnotrequired
01-16-2006, 10:35 PM

To busy "dancing" to pay attention. Must...do...karate chop...

SoxFan76
01-16-2006, 10:56 PM

Don't really care. You got a problem with the song? Take it up with AJ, Rowand, Crede, and Steve Perry.

gosox3072
01-16-2006, 11:21 PM
Anyone think the song will stick with the 2006 white sox?

Sox-o-matic
01-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Journey sucks but so does the other band mentioned. Which one is worse? That's a debate that could go on forever. But who cares, it's all over, and when I think of the '05 Sox I don't think about Steve Perry. No one else should either.

MySoxAreClean
01-16-2006, 11:39 PM
Ok I for one am still kind of peeved by the fact that this journey song was the anthem for our white sox. So I have proposed another idea. Now for those who listen to metal music you will completely agree with me on this one, for those who are not all i ask is that you give the song a listen and also read the lyrics to this song before you judge it. I don't currently have a link for it but i suggest you go to yahoo music and check it out. The song is "Live For This" by Hatebreed...and as you listen just think of highlights from the year to go with the song...i will soon be starting a highlight video with this song featured in it..let me know some idea for highlights and also your stance on the song. Thanks and go SOX!You will like this song then !http://podcast.medianext.com/clicktrack/?media=%2Fstations%2Fwbbm%2Fmedia%2Fmpeg%2FDon_t_S top_Believin___White_Sox_Tribute_-1130682709.mp3&usecat=41 (http://podcast.medianext.com/clicktrack/?media=%2Fstations%2Fwbbm%2Fmedia%2Fmpeg%2FDon_t_S top_Believin___White_Sox_Tribute_-1130682709.mp3&usecat=41)

lizard6king6
01-17-2006, 01:17 AM

I love Metal and hatebreed is awesome, but I think journey is a little more comercial friendly :D: Although I would love it I just cant see hatebreed being played to highlights.

ChiSoxIn06
01-17-2006, 08:02 AM
I love Metal and hatebreed is awesome, but I think journey is a little more comercial friendly :D: Although I would love it I just cant see hatebreed being played to highlights.

well at least someone agrees with me :smile:

Bobbo35
01-17-2006, 08:12 AM

"I stand alone" by Godsmack is also a good song for the Sox.

Sad
01-17-2006, 08:51 AM
I think they should've went with When the Lights Go Down in the City, but change it to "and the sun shines on the lake" instead of "the bay." Journey achieved rock ballad perfection with that song. What a great tune...:redneck

"Lights" was written about San Francisco; their hometown IIRC...
and Journey was great back in the day...

Baby Fisk
01-17-2006, 08:59 AM
2005 is over. It's too late to be changing theme songs now. Check out the Sox Pride DVD: considering that part of the lockerroom celebrations shows the players singing Don't Stop Believin' with Steve Perry, overdubbing that with another song might be a little awkward, no?

IggyD
01-17-2006, 11:09 AM
Who really cares....I say let the team/player listen to whatever song he needs to get pumped or focused to win games.

Put your headphones on and listen to "Live For This" while watching the Sox if it helps you to get pumped. :D:

ChiSoxIn06
01-17-2006, 06:04 PM
im not saying they dub over everything and all that, im just seeing what you guys thought about the song i posted as a good song for the white sox.

IronFisk
01-18-2006, 12:36 AM
And just how do you think that would stick - what's the hook?

What really gets me about "Believing" are the verses all around the title name. Isn't it about one-night stands? :?: Don't know about you, but when they sing that song, those verses alone make me cringe.

Whatever, it is what it is - and the Sox players loved it. Nuff said.

StockdaleForVeep
01-18-2006, 12:53 AM

Arow, AJ and i forget the third picked it, i think they can decide what anthem they can toast to

JohnBasedowYoda
01-18-2006, 12:56 AM
They didn't "pick the song" it just kind of happened....corniness and all. Depending on the bar, the number of drinks and how late at night it is...we'll see what emerges in 2006.

Maybe they'll use Rush's Tom Sawyer and change it to Mark Buerhle

A modern-day warrior
Mean mean stride,
Today's Mark Buerhle
Mean mean pride

And now for a random shot of Geddy Lee
http://www.ratemymullet.com/mullets242/7.jpg

starboy0
01-18-2006, 06:44 AM
I downloaded the song (DSB) from iTunes because now it is forever part of that wonderful 2005 season. Other songs may be more appropriate but this is the one that stuck. 2006? Who knows?

miker
01-18-2006, 07:37 PM
Who really cares....I say let the team/player listen to whatever song he needs to get pumped or focused to win games.
I agree...they could listen to any kind of recording-industry-manufactured-pop-trash if it means another World Championship!

SOXintheBURGH
01-18-2006, 08:46 PM
Maybe they'll use Rush's Tom Sawyer and change it to Mark Buerhle

A modern-day warrior
Mean mean stride,
Today's Mark Buerhle
Mean mean pride

And now for a random shot of Geddy Lee
http://www.ratemymullet.com/mullets242/7.jpg

If there's one thing WSI, and the whole world, needs; its more random pictures of Geddy Lee.