PDA

View Full Version : What was he thinking?

Professor
01-16-2006, 04:56 PM
I was reading the mlb.com mailbag (link (http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060116&content_id=1296108&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)) and here is the first letter:

What is going on with Sammy Sosa? Do you think this once-great player could be headed back to Chicago for a curtain call with the Sox?
-- Mike, Munster, Ind.

Luckily, the writer, Scott Merkin, knew better than this Sox Fan:

As for Sosa making a curtain call with the White Sox, the following things are more likely to happen than Sosa returning to the South Side:

The 'Dukes of Hazzard' and 'Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo' will receive Academy Award nominations for Best Picture.
A special amendment to the Constitution, allowing George W. Bush to serve a third time as President, will be pushed through by the Democrats.
I will sign a 10-day contract with the Chicago Bulls and soon make people forget six-time champion Michael Jordan.
There's nothing close to a fit with the White Sox, skill-wise or in the clubhouse, where Sosa is concerned. In reality, I'm guessing many true White Sox fans wouldn't want Sosa to return. I actually was surprised to even receive this question. -- Scott Merkin (scott.merkin@mlb.com)

Thank you, Scott!

MUsoxfan
01-16-2006, 05:00 PM
That question had to be a joke. There's no way anyone could be that mentally defective

Ol' No. 2
01-16-2006, 05:05 PM
That question had to be a joke. There's no way anyone could be that mentally defective:woo-woo Woo! Sammy! Woo!

buehrle4cy05
01-16-2006, 05:10 PM
Way to think that one out.

ilsox7
01-16-2006, 05:16 PM
That question had to be a joke. There's no way anyone could be that mentally defective

Sadly, you haven't met most of the world. :(:

Gremlin3
01-16-2006, 05:58 PM
I saw that this morning and wanted to :puking:

pearso66
01-16-2006, 06:32 PM

Actually, a few weeks ago on the ESPN boards,(I lurk because some of their thinking is actually very hilarious), someone said the Sox don't have a backup DH yet, yes, I said backup DH, so maybe they can sign Sosa. Imagine how big that would be for publicity and blah blah blah.

This guy was supposedly a Sox fan, and then, he started talking about curses.

Foulke You
01-17-2006, 07:39 PM
Actually, a few weeks ago on the ESPN boards,(I lurk because some of their thinking is actually very hilarious), someone said the Sox don't have a backup DH yet, yes, I said backup DH, so maybe they can sign Sosa. Imagine how big that would be for publicity and blah blah blah.

I'd rather DH Pablo Ozuna than have Sosa on our club as a "backup DH" as those ESPN posters suggested.

Chisox003
01-17-2006, 07:43 PM
Actually, a few weeks ago on the ESPN boards,(I lurk because some of their thinking is actually very hilarious), someone said the Sox don't have a backup DH yet, yes, I said backup DH, so maybe they can sign Sosa.
:o:

:rolleyes:

chidavid18
01-17-2006, 07:45 PM
Bringing Frank back if they where going to do that then Sosa.

Fenway
01-17-2006, 07:47 PM

Friend told me that he saw Ronnie with a wireless laptop at the Starbucks on Addison and the staff told him "Woo-Woo" was in there everyday looking at baseball sites. Hopefully he doesn't find this one.

DaleJRFan
01-17-2006, 08:02 PM
Ross Gload > Sammy Sosa. Why is there any question over who the third-string 1B/DH should be??? :tongue:

WinOrDyeTrying
01-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Friend told me that he saw Ronnie with a wireless laptop at the Starbucks on Addison and the staff told him "Woo-Woo" was in there everyday looking at baseball sites. Hopefully he doesn't find this one.

He has, and his name is Hangar18 :D:

TheDarkGundam
01-17-2006, 09:56 PM
He has, and his name is Hangar18 :D:
Ohhhhh, Snap!
No you didn't!
:redneck

MadetoOrta
01-17-2006, 10:27 PM

Any alleged Sox fan that talks about curses is a recent convert. Praise be to those that have seen the light. Now, we need to take that poor child and instruct him or her on what it means to be a Sox fan. Get used to it folks, many of those "lovable loser" fans have switched and seen the light. New seats, restaurant etc ... won't cut it after our World Championship. Just wait.

HebrewHammer
01-17-2006, 11:12 PM
Any chance the Sox will bring back Jaime Navarro and Mike Caruso to round out this year's roster?-- Mike, Munster, Ind.

Now co-hosting BBTN, Mike from Munster!

spiffie
01-18-2006, 12:27 AM
The real problem with this is that I can't afford a laptop but freaking Ronnie Woo-Woo has one?!

Soxfanspcu11
01-18-2006, 12:49 AM
The real problem with this is that I can't afford a laptop but freaking Ronnie Woo-Woo has one?!

You can by crack online from foreign pharmacies.