PDA

View Full Version : yay cubs

likeawarlord
01-16-2006, 12:25 PM
this is a couple weeks old and comes from inside the ivy's forums, but it brought a smile to my face. while discussing the possibilty that the white sox were exploring a trade for miguel tejada:

I don't believe the asking price from the O's - way too low based on other rumors.

But Jerome Williams is about equal to Contraras - he isn't that good consisitently and is alot older than he says (aka- Sosa). The Cubs could match this no prob.

slavko
01-16-2006, 12:29 PM
this is a couple weeks old and comes from inside the ivy's forums, but it brought a smile to my face. while discussing the possibilty that the white sox were exploring a trade for miguel tejada:

They're only saying that because Jerome Williams was the hottest pitcher in baseball the second half of last season.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-16-2006, 12:54 PM
:?: .............

http://members.tripod.com/wagoz/brad4.jpg
Brad Pitt to Kevin Spacey in "Seven"....

"I've been trying to figure something in my head, and maybe you can help me out, yeah? When a person is A DELUSIONAL CUBS FAN, as you clearly are, do you know that you're DELUSIONAL? Maybe you're just sitting around, reading 'VINELINE', ENTERTAINING THE THOUGHT OF THE CUBS WINNING THE WORLD SERIES, do you just stop and go, 'Wow! It is amazing how ****ing crazy I really am!'? Yeah. Do you guys do that?"

All the stuff in CAPS was added in because it makes more sense.

ChiSoxLifer
01-16-2006, 01:41 PM
I read on the Sporting News blog sections a cubs fan proposing they trade Patterson to the White Sox for Garland straight up. That's delusional.

ATXBMX
01-16-2006, 01:49 PM
Cub fans are used to getting all-stars for nothing. Unfortunately for them, we don't need to cut payroll like the Marlins or Pirates.

likeawarlord
01-16-2006, 02:16 PM
this is just the sort of thing i never get tired of.

also notice that he misuses "aka".

Hitmen77
01-16-2006, 05:02 PM
I'll agree with him if someone can prove to me that Jerome Williams was a top star on a highly-talented national team and that people in MLB have been waiting for him to mentally adjust to the majors to match his past success.

Oh, and it wouldn't hurt if Jerome Williams ever showed anyone he was a total stud during the post season. :cool:

skottyj242
01-17-2006, 01:27 PM
this is just the sort of thing i never get tired of.

also notice that he misuses "aka".

Don't you know Contreras and Sosa are the same person?