PDA

View Full Version : New Billboard up at Cell

Hangar18
01-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Just went up a couple days ago, in the same place as the previous board was, on the walkway leading into the stadium. This one simply has Ozzies hands holding the Trophy in the air. Very nice, but should be much BIGGER
in my opinion. And since were on that subject 2x4 should make sure that a sign should be made "Home of the World Champion Chicago White Sox"

TheOldRoman
01-16-2006, 10:49 AM
That is cool.
Maybe we can put a giant replica trophy in play in deep center field. That would be totally quirky and retro!

Shout out to Houston on that one, hahaha. At least they took their beating like men. Unlike Tim "We got swept and humiliated but we are still a much better team" Wakefield.

itsnotrequired
01-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Just went up a couple days ago, in the same place as the previous board was, on the walkway leading into the stadium. This one simply has Ozzies hands holding the Trophy in the air. Very nice, but should be much BIGGER
in my opinion. And since were on that subject 2x4 should make sure that a sign should be made "Home of the World Champion Chicago White Sox"

Good gravy Hangar, will the Sox ever do something right?:wink:

I would agree on the lack of signage around the park. They could certainly use more considering they are the champs! On the other hand, perhaps it is another "under the radar" move by the organization.:D:

gobears1987
01-16-2006, 11:57 AM
That is cool.
Maybe we can put a giant replica trophy in play in deep center field. That would be totally quirky and retro!

Shout out to Houston on that one, hahaha. At least they took their beating like men. Unlike Tim "We got swept and humiliated but we are still a much better team" Wakefield.

ON that idea, how about we pull a Minutemaid park and build a hill and THEN put the trophy out there.

chisoxfanatic
01-16-2006, 12:21 PM

Ya know, Hangar, they should write "Home of the World Champion Chicago White Sox" on the 35th St. bridge that leads you to the Red Line station...All they have on there is "Chicago White Sox" right now. SOMETHING is missing!

Hangar18
01-16-2006, 03:11 PM
Grinder Rule #88 is whats displayed there now, its not as massive (and attention getting) as the previous one, but I like it.

Bobbo35
01-16-2006, 03:46 PM
ON that idea, how about we pull a Minutemaid park and build a hill and THEN put the trophy out there.

Now thats some good stuff:D:

IronFisk
01-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Why is it the Hoosier-boy has to take this pic?!? :redneck

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Violinski/Sox88.jpg

ChiSoxGirl
01-16-2006, 10:10 PM
Why is it the Hoosier-boy has to take this pic?!? :redneck

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Violinski/Sox88.jpg

I tried to take a picture on Saturday night when I was down in Bridgeport, but there was a bus pulled over on the right side of the street where I would've stopped to take it. Thanks to the bus, I missed my opportunity. :(:

Did someone go to Grandstand today that you got this picture? :wink:

Chisox003
01-16-2006, 10:20 PM
What does it say?

:?:

thomas35forever
01-16-2006, 10:23 PM
What does it say?

:?:

I don't know what kind of Internet you have, but I was able to brighten it using some feature on AOL.

Anyway, what a beauty it is!!!!!! Let's see how Cubs fans react to that in May!

doublem23
01-16-2006, 10:29 PM
It says,
GRINDER BALL RULE #88
MAKE HISTORY, HISTORY

World Champs, bitches. :bandance:

It's this, just bigger (http://twoxfour.com/webfiles/soxweb/SOX_History_sm.jpg).

DumpJerry
01-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Ya know, Hangar, they should write "Home of the World Champion Chicago White Sox" on the 35th St. bridge that leads you to the Red Line station...All they have on there is "Chicago White Sox" right now. SOMETHING is missing!
I'm guessing the exterior signage will change April 2nd when it become official with the raising of the flag.

IronFisk
01-17-2006, 12:30 AM
I tried to take a picture on Saturday night when I was down in Bridgeport, but there was a bus pulled over on the right side of the street where I would've stopped to take it. Thanks to the bus, I missed my opportunity. :(:

Did someone go to Grandstand today that you got this picture? :wink:
You are SO smarrrrt :redneck Yup, made another pilgrimage today on my day off. I honored MLK by buying a sweatshirt, street name sign and youth champs hat :?: - all the while picking up my son's Konerko jersey - freshly stitched.

Too bad they don't make mini-patches for them youth jerserys. As it is, the patch practically eats up the sleeve :(:.

IronFisk
01-17-2006, 12:32 AM
I don't know what kind of Internet you have, but I was able to brighten it using some feature on AOL.

Anyway, what a beauty it is!!!!!! Let's see how Cubs fans react to that in May!
Hey, I shot it from my camera phone rolling past that stoplight. I'm shocked it didn't come out too blurry :bandance:

ChiSoxGirl
01-17-2006, 08:08 AM
You are SO smarrrrt :redneck Yup, made another pilgrimage today on my day off. I honored MLK by buying a sweatshirt, street name sign and youth champs hat :?: - all the while picking up my son's Konerko jersey - freshly stitched.

Too bad they don't make mini-patches for them youth jerserys. As it is, the patch practically eats up the sleeve :(:.

Great purchases from Grandstand... and a great way to honor MLK! :smile:

Which patch did you have put on the jersey for him? I was there Saturday evening to pick up my Konerko jersey and new bullpen fleece, both of which received the 2005 World Series Champions patch, and they look awesome!

IronFisk
01-17-2006, 09:39 AM
Which patch did you have put on the jersey for him? I was there Saturday evening to pick up my Konerko jersey and new bullpen fleece, both of which received the 2005 World Series Champions patch, and they look awesome!

That's the thing, there are no patches for youth jerseys :(: "MAYBE" I could've bought that groovy 1983 AS patch that I have on mine, but then again, that's a little dated. I think a tidy letter to Brooks about the matter may be helpful.

WOW - bullpen fleece eh? Well, I guess at your amount of "Sox Debt", what's another couple hundred bucks :redneck. I am taking in account your WS ticket too (whoa!).

ChiSoxGirl
01-17-2006, 09:48 AM
WOW - bullpen fleece eh? Well, I guess at your amount of "Sox Debt", what's another couple hundred bucks :redneck. I am taking in account your WS ticket too (whoa!).

As far as I'm concerned, it's a new fiscal year, so all Sox debt does not roll over. Therefore, the amount of money I've spent on Sox merch. so far this year is very minimal- maybe $100 or so! :cool:

IronFisk
01-17-2006, 10:32 AM
As far as I'm concerned, it's a new fiscal year, so all Sox debt does not roll over. Therefore, the amount of money I've spent on Sox merch. so far this year is very minimal- maybe $100 or so! :cool:

LOL - only if Capital One saw it the same way :rolleyes:

ChiSoxGirl
01-17-2006, 10:37 AM
LOL - only if Capital One saw it the same way :rolleyes:

I'll have you know, everything I've bought that's Sox and/or World Series related has been paid off! :smile: The greatest thing to come of this whole Sox spending spree is all the miles I accrued on my United Mileage Plus account! :cool:

IronFisk
01-17-2006, 10:58 AM
I'll have you know, everything I've bought that's Sox and/or World Series related has been paid off! :smile: The greatest thing to come of this whole Sox spending spree is all the miles I accrued on my United Mileage Plus account! :cool:

Accumulating frequent flyer miles by purchasing gobs of White Sox stuff, thus helping you catch some road games in 06...

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Violinski/brilliant.jpg

BRILLIANT!

Taliesinrk
01-17-2006, 04:47 PM

Sorry.. I'm rather ignorant, but is it a new fiscal year??

chisoxfanatic
01-17-2006, 06:06 PM

I don't think so. Last time I checked, the fiscal year begins April 1st. Call me an April fool if I'm wrong...

ChiSoxGirl
01-17-2006, 09:49 PM

I wasn't speaking in official terms or anything. I just view it as a new fiscal year for me personally.

mweflen
01-18-2006, 03:20 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65106

where is the "Welcome to last week" picture when you need it? :wink: