PDA

View Full Version : Found the AL Central Lockerroom Cap for $9.99

Brian26
01-14-2006, 06:17 PM
I know there were several people who were still searching for this cap to go along with their World Series and AL Champs lockerroom caps. The cap still being offered on MLB.com isn't the official lockerroom one.

Today I went to the Carson's on State Street to pick up a bat tube for my World Series bat, and I stumbled upon a huge selection of merchandise that is discounted. As of 3pm today, they had about 30 AL Central hats. Some of them have some smudges on them since they've been there for such a long time, so you might want to go through them carefully and pick one out that you like. They had the AL Central and AL Champs lockerroom t-shirts for $9.99 a piece too. Really a great deal.

The area to look for is on the east side of Carsons (so really the Wabash side), on the first floor. Or, if you enter on the west side (State St side), go through the perfume department and out the east door, cross the alley, and it's right inside the next set of doors you go through.

batmanZoSo
01-14-2006, 06:40 PM
Yeesh. Great collectibles, but I think that's about as far as I'd use them. :D:

Brian26
01-14-2006, 07:19 PM
Yeesh. Great collectibles, but I think that's about as far as I'd use them. :D:

Not sure what you mean.

I actually haven't worn any of them and don't plan on it. They are on the shelf in my closet. I just wanted that elusive AL Central hat to complete the collection.

Ironically enough, the AL Central hat is probably the best quality hat of the three since the SOX is stitched into the hat. This hat wasn't made by New Era either.

ewokpelts
01-15-2006, 12:27 AM
brian, did you get to use the 20% off carson coupons in the paper too? they are finally taking coupons for sox gear...
Gene

batmanZoSo
01-15-2006, 11:08 AM
Not sure what you mean.

I actually haven't worn any of them and don't plan on it. They are on the shelf in my closet. I just wanted that elusive AL Central hat to complete the collection.

Ironically enough, the AL Central hat is probably the best quality hat of the three since the SOX is stitched into the hat. This hat wasn't made by New Era either.

That is what I mean. They're cool for decorations like you're using them because they've got creative designs, but yeah...I can't see myself ever wearing one of those out in public. :o:

C-Dawg
01-15-2006, 05:38 PM
Hey thanks for the heads-up on the hats; I'd never been able to find these for sale ANYWHERE!

A quick ride into town on the Blue Line, and a one-block walk, and I'd scored a couple hats.

:D:

HomeFish
01-15-2006, 05:41 PM
Interesting that so many of you are using the hats as collectibles only. I wear my World Series lockeroom cap just about everywhere.

ewokpelts
01-15-2006, 07:39 PM
Hey thanks for the heads-up on the hats; I'd never been able to find these for sale ANYWHERE!

A quick ride into town on the Blue Line, and a one-block walk, and I'd scored a couple hats.

:D:carsons bought a TON of Central Champs gear( probalby with the assumption that the sox may not win it all, and central champ gear would sell regardless....) i got my hat before alds game 3 with a promo gift card carson gave me.....i ended up paying slightly more than what brian did
Gene

Brian26
01-15-2006, 07:39 PM

Cool- Glad I could help! Glad they had some left today.

Brian26
01-15-2006, 07:41 PM
Interesting that so many of you are using the hats as collectibles only. I wear my World Series lockeroom cap just about everywhere.

I actually got an extra World Series hat as a present for Christmas, so I've been proudly wearing that around town, and I'm keeping the other three as keepsakes in the closet.

mike squires
01-15-2006, 07:43 PM
I like the division hat but would never wear it due to the velcro in the back. I hate velcro hats.

C-Dawg
01-15-2006, 08:38 PM

I've been buying extras - one or two for the "permanent collection" and one or two to wear.

The Division hat isn't the best looking, but actually fits my fat head a lot better than the World Series hat, so it may be seeing more service than it would otherwise.

RedHeadPaleHoser
01-15-2006, 08:51 PM
I also have been looking for the Central Hat to complete the collection. Thanks for the info!!!

Martinigirl
01-15-2006, 09:45 PM
And if anyone is looking for kids ALCS and World Series shirts/sweatshirts, Carson's has them at 70% off.

AWhiteSoxWinner
01-22-2006, 07:47 PM
Thanks Brian26. Went to Maggianos for dinner today and stopped at Carsons to see if they had any Division hats left. I bought two and they have about 15 left. I think the Division cap is beautiful.

TheOldRoman
01-22-2006, 09:13 PM
Thanks Brian26. Went to Maggianos for dinner today and stopped at Carsons to see if they had any Division hats left. I bought two and they have about 15 left. I think the Division cap is beautiful. :o:
I was just there the other day, and they didnt have any! Maybe they had them in two spots, but the woman who I asked said a few t-shirts was all they had left.
:angry::angry:

If anyone is going by Carson this week and wants to help me out, please PM me. If you pick a couple up for me, I will pay for shipping and throw in a little extra for your troubles.

esbrechtel
01-22-2006, 10:18 PM
why wouldnt you wear your world series cap....nothing like rubbing it in every where i go!!!!!:D:

AWhiteSoxWinner
01-22-2006, 11:08 PM
Roman...They were not in the sportswear department on the second floor with the pennant shirts. They are on the first floor in a sports clearance area.

CantuSox
01-30-2006, 12:10 PM
Special thanks to Brian26, I picked up two AL Central Lockerroom Caps at Carson's on State Street. There were only 4 left, now only 2. Thanks!

TheOldRoman
01-30-2006, 12:32 PM
Brian, I owe you a beer for that find. I went back to Carsons, and I found the hats on my second trip. I picked up two of the central division shirts, too. My collection is now complete.:bandance:

RedHeadPaleHoser
01-30-2006, 01:42 PM
I went to the Carsons in Chicago Ridge, and the woman gave me the "deer in the headlights" stare...ugh.

I work in Elmhurst but live in EP...I need the division hat to complete the trifecta. Any help would be appreciated...if anyone knows where I can still find one. Thanks!!

I want Mags back
01-30-2006, 03:19 PM
i hate the division hat. It doesnt actually say "division Champs on it. It says 05 Division Series. I wear my World Series hat everywhere

TDog
01-30-2006, 11:46 PM

I see no problem with that. I have a World Series lockerroom cap, and I didn't even know it was supposed to be collectible.

Go ahead and celebrate while the cellebratings good. But if your descendants are still wearing in 97 years from now to act like a 2005 World Series win is a big deal, people might think them strange.

South Side Irish
01-30-2006, 11:48 PM
I STILL can't find that dang cap anywhere for 10 bucks. I might have to make a drive, I guess, but that kind of defeats the purpose of buying it on the cheap.

If I paid the 28 bucks for it, then I'm saving it and its way too expensive to wear everyday. However, for a 10 spot - great deal!