PDA

View Full Version : Maggs signed!!

PutItOnTheBoard
07-28-2001, 03:04 PM
Don't think I saw this posted yet ... Three year deal. Howry also signed, for two years.

Well Boston Gammons, what do you have to say now, jack-ass?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2001/0728/1232224.html

CerberusWG
07-28-2001, 03:07 PM
Look at my email to him.

:boston

Damn that Kenny Williams!

FarWestChicago
07-28-2001, 03:12 PM
Well Boston Gammons, what do you have to say now, jack-ass?

:boston

Mr. Board, according to my very reliabe sources, he actually signed with the Red Sox.

Soxheads
07-28-2001, 03:33 PM
:boston "And Keith Foulke is demanding a trade to Boston."

PaleHoseGeorge
07-28-2001, 03:35 PM
Well, I must say the Sox are getting smarter about how to handle public relations after dumping salary. Signing Maggs and Howry also takes the media focus off KW's Berry/Barry problem.

Smart, very smart.

Who can forget how stupid they were back in 1997...

"The way we were playing you would have to be crazy to think we would catch Cleveland!"

Dumb, very dumb.

PutItOnTheBoard
07-28-2001, 03:36 PM
Yeah, PHG, I thought the same thing... very interesting that this comes two days after the Baldwin fiasco.

Jerry_Manuel
07-28-2001, 03:42 PM
"The way we were playing you would have to be crazy to think we would catch Cleveland!"

:reinsy
I never said that, the Tribune made that up.

:clueless
I can admit it, we did.

cheeses_h_rice
07-28-2001, 04:47 PM
That's excellent news. Now if we can just avoid arbitration w/ Foulke, we should be sitting pretty.

And did you see the props the ESPN writer gave the team?

"Ordonez, 27, had been rumored in several trade possibilities as Tuesday's deadline nears but will remain on one of baseball's best young teams that has suffered through an injury-ravaged campaign."

:knue

<i>What in the world is that writer thinking?</i>

Jerry_Manuel
07-28-2001, 05:00 PM
That was no ESPN article that was an ap story or something like that. Willams told Foulke they will talk contract after the trade deadline. Because Foulke earlier in the week said:

"They don't want to negotiate," Foulke said. "We've talked on and off for two years. Whenever something is close, they back off or change their mind. I guess I'm not on their priority list."

Responding to Foulke's comment, general manager Ken Williams said the Sox have told Foulke's agents they'll revisit negotiations after the July 31 trading deadline, which suggests Foulke is available until then if Arizona or any other team is willing to pay a hefty price.