PDA

View Full Version : Levine: Hernia surgery for Dye and Podsednik

GoGoOzzie
01-14-2006, 03:41 PM
Couldn't find this posted anywhere else, but Bruce Levine reported this morning on Chicago Baseball Weekly (or whatever it's called on ESPN 1000 from 10-12) that both Dye and Podsednik have undergone hernia surgery this offseason. According to him, this explains Podsednik's dramatic dropoff in stolen bases in the second half.

No link found.

Edit:

Sorry, apparently I didn't search the right terms because I just found it a few pages back. Sorry about that....

soltrain21
01-14-2006, 05:28 PM
It seems there was no dramatic drop off in us winning a World Series, though.

HIGH FIVE EVERYBODY!

That isn't too serious of a thing. I am not worried about it.

HotelWhiteSox
01-14-2006, 05:32 PM
I'm guessing they'll be good to go once spring training starts?

GoGoOzzie
01-14-2006, 05:39 PM
It seems there was no dramatic drop off in us winning a World Series, though.

HIGH FIVE EVERYBODY!

That isn't too serious of a thing. I am not worried about it.

Good point :cool: .

I just thought it was interesting. I wonder if they knew all along it was a hernia for Podsednik or if it went undetected. But like you said...I guess it didn't really hurt the team all that much!

FarWestChicago
01-14-2006, 06:35 PM
I just thought it was interesting. I wonder if they knew all along it was a hernia for Podsednik or if it went undetected. But like you said...I guess it didn't really hurt the team all that much!It didn't hurt his playoff power stroke. :cool:

batmanZoSo
01-14-2006, 06:54 PM
Good point :cool: .

I just thought it was interesting. I wonder if they knew all along it was a hernia for Podsednik or if it went undetected. But like you said...I guess it didn't really hurt the team all that much!

I'm sure they did and kept it in the vault. They did a good job of maintaining the speed threat even though there wasn't much of one.

StockdaleForVeep
01-14-2006, 08:32 PM
http://hansmoleman-simpsons.greatnow.com/moleman%20football.gif
"Ah my groin!"

Maybe this explains pods homerun surge in the post season, he pulled a Thomas and decided it hurt too much to run the bases so he hit dingers

doublem23
01-14-2006, 08:33 PM
I guess that World Series trophy is heavier than I thought.

CredeGoldGlove
01-14-2006, 08:44 PM
im sure they get the best care possible but just speakin from experience my dad has had 3 hernia surgeries and it bothers him at times

DumpJerry
01-15-2006, 11:12 AM
im sure they get the best care possible but just speakin from experience my dad has had 3 hernia surgeries and it bothers him at times
I believe these are "sports hernia" surguries, formerly known as a groin pull. This is not the same as the cough and turn your head hernias where the muscle that hold your guts up tears.

This is the reason for Pod's dropoff in the second half. He had a groin pull and it takes about 6 months to fully recover. Groin pulls affect the muscles which gives you rapid acceleration when running.

Rgilliam32
01-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Damn Lisa Dergan!!

white sox bill
01-15-2006, 02:03 PM
even if they had hernia surgery today, they should be good to go within a month tops. I had 2 ingunia hernia (one at birth, the other in 04) and after the 2nd one, I was back working out lightly 2 weeks later and by the 4th week, it was balls to the wall including bench pressing and deadlifting. This won't stop those two..

Lip Man 1
01-15-2006, 03:54 PM
Typical Levine...it's old news. A fan said that on this site a few days ago and it was on the WGN-TV sports earlier in the week.

Lip

Bobbo35
01-15-2006, 09:13 PM
I'm guessing they'll be good to go once spring training starts?
They should be fine.