PDA

View Full Version : Sox vs Cubs

Whitesox4ever
01-14-2006, 08:08 AM
A Cubs fan and I have a few side bets going on 5 different categories but looking for more to add so far we have..

Who will hit the most homeruns P Konerko or D Lee

Who will have more SB's Pods or Pierre

Who will have the better season B Anderson or M Murton

Which 3 pitchers will have more wins Buehrle,Garcia and Garland vs C Zambrano, M Prior, and G Maddux

Who will have more saves Jenks or Dempster

The Critic
01-14-2006, 08:28 AM
I don't know if I'm delusional, or if I've been talking to the same Cubs players as Hangar, but I think all of those categories can be very close. The only clear edge in these categories is the Sox pitching. I see Maddux falling off the table this year, unless he suddenly discovered sit-ups.

Fredsox
01-14-2006, 08:33 AM
I think this is money in your pocket. The only ones you MIGHT lose are Pods v Pierre and Jenks v Dempster.

kevin57
01-14-2006, 08:51 AM
I too think most of these could be close.

The one where you will wipe the floor is the three starting pitchers.

Question: What does "better" mean when you're talking about CF? Hits, defensive stats....?

Hitmen77
01-14-2006, 10:28 AM
If I were you, I'd be happy to lose all of these bets and have the Sox finish first again and the Cubs miss the playoffs again.

It seems like the general trend for the Cubs over the past couple of decades is to have one or two players who put up monster individual stats while the team finishes below .500. The Sox on the other hand, rarely have individual standouts while the team often finishes above .500.

Johnny Mostil
01-14-2006, 10:34 AM
It seems like the general trend for the Cubs over the past couple of decades is to have one or two players who put up monster individual stats while the team finishes below .500.

1987 may have been the best example of this. Dawson wins MVP. Sutcliffe barely misses on Cy Young Award. And the Cubs finish in last place . . .

SOecks
01-14-2006, 10:57 AM
The Murton-Anderson one is the only one I think will be close with a possible edge to Murton. He'll have a lot less pressure on him this year I think.

VivaOzzie
01-14-2006, 11:49 AM
(you don't know how much I wanted to say Paulie, but I think D Lee will go off again next year)

(I think it will be REALLY close but I see the cubs running him more than they would just in spite of Pods)

(this one will get tricky when you try to define "better season")

Which 3 pitchers will have more wins Buehrle,Garcia and Garland vs C Zambrano, M Prior, and G Maddux
(this one's a lock)

(assuming he keeps it up with no injuries. he should have far more save opportunities)

WhiteSoxFan84
01-14-2006, 11:55 AM

Jenks, because Crusty Baker will yank Dempster out of the closer's role after a few shaky outtings and after the Cubidiots start calling for Bobby Howry to be their new closer. And then slowly Bobby's career will come to an end because of the pressure put on his shoulders. Howry, meet LaTroy Hawkins, LaTroy, meet Bobby.

Ol' No. 2
01-14-2006, 11:58 AM
A Cubs fan and I have a few side bets going on 5 different categories but looking for more to add so far we have..

Who will have more saves Jenks or DempsterThis is like stealing money.

TomBradley72
01-14-2006, 12:37 PM

It will be interesting to see how PK benefits by having Thome behind him in the order...the last two yrs. PK has put 40 HR's on board without a guy like Thome waiting in the on deck circle.

If Pods stays healthy....he'll steal more than Pierre. They had equal SB's in 2005....but Pierre played about 30 more games.

Mickster
01-14-2006, 12:45 PM
If Pods stays healthy....he'll steal more than Pierre. They had equal SB's in 2005....but Pierre played about 30 more games.

Not to mention that Pod's SB rate dropped significantly since he came back from the hamstring injury. If Pods is healthy, he'll win this hands down.

Whitesox4ever
01-14-2006, 12:53 PM
Not to mention that Pod's SB rate dropped significantly since he came back from the hamstring injury. If Pods is healthy, he'll win this hands down.

Bruce Levine mention this morning that Pods injury wasn't a hamstring injury it was a hernia and he will be having surgery soon but should be ready for spring training.

34 Inch Stick
01-14-2006, 01:29 PM
How about betting on who will have more starts this year Wood or McCarthy (virtual games started do not count).

Palehose13
01-14-2006, 01:49 PM
I might have went Thome vs. DLee.

ChiSoxLifer
01-14-2006, 02:11 PM
Is this be kind to cubs fan day? Why not the most team victories?

SoxSpeed22
01-14-2006, 02:32 PM
Is this be kind to cubs fan day? Why not the most team victories?We want a category that would actually be competitive.:redneck

Taliesinrk
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
We want a category that would actually be competitive.:redneck

POTW!!! +1 to sox fans... muhahaha:redneck