PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City?

Danieljack80
01-14-2006, 12:40 AM
Has anyone else noticed that the Royals have spent a lot of cash this off-season? http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/features/freeagents?newTeamId=7 (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/features/freeagents?newTeamId=7)

Who knows, they could give Detroit a run for their money for third place...:smile:

spongyfungy
01-14-2006, 09:40 AM
They've got a nice group of veterans who'll know how to win. I wouldn't be surprised if they came in second in our division. Either way, they'll improve fast (if they don't all get injured which is possible) Average age of those guys signed is 32 years old and probably the free agent pool with the most days spent on the DL

DumpJerry
01-14-2006, 10:54 AM
Tigers? How about the Twins? They are fading fast. I'm not concerned about anyone in the Division, we're head and shoulders above them. The Tribe even went the wrong direction this off season (Millwood).

TomBradley72
01-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Wow...2 yrs/$10MM for Reggie Sanders. :o:

SABRSox
01-14-2006, 12:20 PM
Wow...2 yrs/$10MM for Reggie Sanders. :o:

You know, Reggie Sanders isn't that bad a player. That sounds, if anything, only slightly overpriced.

SoxSpeed22
01-14-2006, 12:21 PM
Wow...2 yrs/$10MM for Reggie Sanders. :o::dye:
"What's your point?"

caulfield12
01-14-2006, 12:22 PM
You know, Reggie Sanders isn't that bad a player. That sounds, if anything, only slightly overpriced.

It is pretty comparable to what we are paying Dye. I bet, coming into the 2005, there probably would have been more Sox fans for signing Sanders at that price than Dye, based on recent performance and injury history.

Now counting on Eli Marrero to be a starting corner outfielder, that wasnt so smart.

santo=dorf
01-14-2006, 12:48 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they came in second in our division.

:?:

doublem23
01-14-2006, 02:01 PM
:?:

This thread slightly reminds me of all those doomsday threads about the Royals and Twins dominatinig the division before the 2004 season.

And while we're at it, how about everyone that was ****ting their pants last year about the Indians?

:roflmao:

At least no one's bought into the Kitties yet. :rolleyes:

Let's put it this way. If any team in the Central besides us finishes more than 10 games above .500, I'll be shocked.

Unregistered
01-14-2006, 02:04 PM
And while we're at it, how about everyone that was ****ting their pants last year about the Indians?I wasn't gonna call attention to this last time I saw it, but now that it's back again, is the language filter on the fritz or something? Or was it disabled to accommodate the needs of our friend HawkISox? :D: :wink:

doublem23
01-14-2006, 02:08 PM
I wasn't gonna call attention to this last time I saw it, but now that it's back again, is the language filter on the fritz or something? Or was it disabled to accommodate the needs of our friend HawkISox? :D: :wink:

I *think* FWC has been toying with the filter so that legitimate words that have **** in them don't get starred-out, so we have to block out every single variation of the word. Being the sailor-mouth **** that I am, I think I've already found 2-3. :wink:

Unregistered
01-14-2006, 02:13 PM
I *think* FWC has been toying with the filter so that legitimate words that have **** in them don't get starred-out, so we have to block out every single variation of the word. Being the sailor-mouth **** that I am, I think I've already found 2-3. :wink:
Yeah, I think I noticed it in someone else's post that had "bull****" [manually starred] in it, so that makes sense.

I just thought FWC was taking steps to become a "real" message board. :tongue:

doublem23
01-14-2006, 02:22 PM
I just thought FWC was taking steps to become a "real" message board. :tongue:

That criticism from HawkIsSox was pretty heavy. He cut to the core of us. :cool: