PDA

View Full Version : Updated SoxFest News.

JohnTucker0814
01-14-2006, 12:22 AM
Here is a link to some updated SoxFest news. List a few more players... No Mark Buehrle, Joe Crede, Dustin Hermanson, Tadihito Iguchi, Jose Contreras, Juan Uribe, Javier Vazquez, Freddy Garcia. But Darrin Jackson is schedule, that should stop some speculation on this board...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/community/soxfest.jsp (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/community/soxfest.jsp)

gr8mexico
01-14-2006, 08:25 AM
Thank God It's about time:bandance: :bandance: It's still early so some of those players might still attend lets hope Mark makes it he wasn't there last year.

Mickster
01-14-2006, 10:10 AM
I am very impressed that Iguchi would fly here from Japan for Soxfest! :smile:

Viva Medias B's
01-14-2006, 10:16 AM
Last year, Freddy didn't make it because he had visa problems.

rookieroy
01-14-2006, 10:20 AM
I am very impressed that Iguchi would fly here from Japan for Soxfest! :smile:

Huh? Teal ....right? :?:

Mickster
01-14-2006, 10:26 AM
Huh? Teal ....right? :?:

No teal. Most would not fly 16 hrs to attend a fan convention for 3 days only to fly back 16 hrs.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-14-2006, 10:35 AM
No teal. Most would not fly 16 hrs to attend a fan convention for 3 days only to fly back 16 hrs.

He's not coming though... :?:

No Mark Buehrle, Joe Crede, Dustin Hermanson, Tadihito Iguchi, Jose Contreras, Juan Uribe, Javier Vazquez, Freddy Garcia.

rookieroy
01-14-2006, 10:42 AM

So what....I do that 6-7 times a month! For any player to miss this years fan convention because of some jet lag would be pretty sad. I hope he has a real reason for missing it.....like winter ball! Oh and by the way, Iguchi has a home in Schaumburg.

Brian26
01-14-2006, 01:20 PM
So what....I do that 6-7 times a month! For any player to miss this years fan convention because of some jet lag would be pretty sad. I hope he has a real reason for missing it.....like winter ball! Oh and by the way, Iguchi has a home in Schaumburg.

Good grief, cut the man some slack. I'm sure he's spending his offseason back home in Japan.

SOX ADDICT '73
01-14-2006, 01:31 PM
Freddy will get you plenty of excuses and no promises when it comes to appearances.
Yeah, and that sonofabitch could only manage a win in the Central Division, ALDS, and World Series clinching games! I guess he had some "excuse" for not clinching the ALCS too, the selfish bastard...:wink:

gr8mexico
01-14-2006, 04:33 PM
With Freddy there is always an excuse! Last years Soxfest, it was visa problems. He blew off 2 kids days on non-pitching days when he was scheduled to appear.(my son was in both those lines..:angry: ) Last month he skipped a signing appearance at the Sun-Times show due to a "family emergency". Anyone else see a pattern here? Freddy will get you plenty of excuses and no promises when it comes to appearances. He didn't mist the autograph session in the Taste of Chicago I got him about 3 times then. It's still early and they might still show up. I still think Crede will show up.

IggyD
01-14-2006, 07:35 PM
Here is a link to some updated SoxFest news. List a few more players... No Mark Buehrle, Joe Crede, Dustin Hermanson, Tadihito Iguchi, Jose Contreras, Juan Uribe, Javier Vazquez, Freddy Garcia. But Darrin Jackson is schedule, that should stop some speculation on this board...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/community/soxfest.jsp (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/community/soxfest.jsp)

Newest update

The White Sox annual fan gathering returns to the Hyatt Regency Chicago during the last weekend of January!

Players, coaches and managers scheduled to appear at SoxFest 2006 include Ozzie Guillen, Greg Walker, Harold Baines, Tim Raines, Ken Williams, Brian Anderson, Neal Cotts, Jermaine Dye, Jon Garland, Bobby Jenks, Rob Mackowiak, Paul Konerko, Brandon McCarthy, A.J. Pierzynski, Scott Podsednik, Cliff Politte, Jim Thome, Chris Widger, Ed Farmer, Hawk Harrelson and Darrin Jackson. Please note that not all players listed will be in attendance all three days of SoxFest.
A schedule of autograph signings, clinics and seminars will be posted closer to the event.

SoxFest hotel packages as well as weekend and daily tickets are sold out.

getonbckthr
01-14-2006, 07:49 PM
With Freddy there is always an excuse! Last years Soxfest, it was visa problems. He blew off 2 kids days on non-pitching days when he was scheduled to appear.(my son was in both those lines..:angry: ) Last month he skipped a signing appearance at the Sun-Times show due to a "family emergency". Anyone else see a pattern here? Freddy will get you plenty of excuses and no promises when it comes to appearances.
/teal:garcia: =========:clueless teal/
JERK

doublem23
01-14-2006, 08:52 PM
The guys won a World Series, they can do whatever the hell they want this off-season.

Schmitz33
01-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Im attending my 1st ever soxfest and Im looking for some advice. How hard/easy is it to get autographs? Do you spend all day in lines or what? I want some odd ducks.. like Kenny Williams, Joey Cora, Harold Baines, Tim Raines. Basically the coaching staff.. aNY HELP WOULD BE AWESOME

TheDarkGundam
01-14-2006, 09:54 PM
Im attending my 1st ever soxfest and Im looking for some advice. How hard/easy is it to get autographs? Do you spend all day in lines or what? I want some odd ducks.. like Kenny Williams, Joey Cora, Harold Baines, Tim Raines. Basically the coaching staff.. aNY HELP WOULD BE AWESOME
Last year was my first Soxfest, so all I got was "odd duck" autographs. I got Bill Melton's and Minni Minoso's with no more than a five minute wait for each. The coaching staff would probably be harder to get than those guys, since they are currently part of the team. Whereas Melton and Minosos are just old players.
BTW, I don't know if Kenny Williams would like being called an "odd duck", from what I've heard, he can out-roundhouse kick Chuck Norris! :redneck

mike squires
01-14-2006, 11:29 PM
I think just the opposite. The coaches should be quite easy to get. If you plan right and go to seminars or clinics they are at, you are sure to get one. I can see Cora and Harold attending the party on Saturday night as well. Raines will prolly be there too.

Jusst sent you a private message Schmidtz...

Palehose13
01-14-2006, 11:43 PM
Two years ago I walked into the atrium bar and Cora was sitting right there at a table. Either people didn't see him or didn't care. He was the first autograph I got that weekend. IMO, Baines will be the hardest to get, but I did manage to get him last year.

mike squires
01-14-2006, 11:53 PM
Two years ago I walked into the atrium bar and Cora was sitting right there at a table. Either people didn't see him or didn't care. He was the first autograph I got that weekend. IMO, Baines will be the hardest to get, but I did manage to get him last year.

On the contrary. Harold, despite his lack of enthusiasm or words for that matter seems to totally understand why he is there. I had no problem getting him. My quest for Harold started when I was 10. He walked past me with two security guards down the right field line as I helplessly dangled my 83 program at him. I NEVER EVER saw Harold sign at the ball park in the 80's. The first Soxfest I went to (4 or 5 years ago) my quest was to get Harold. I spotted him at the party on Saturday night sipping water as the rest of his teamates chugged beers and with some help from my wife I got 7 or 8 of them. Got it another time after a seminar and 2 more at the private autograph session. Harold has made himself available at the two I've been to. I guess part of it has to do with timing and being at the right spot at the right time. Stalking also helps!:wink:

Palehose13
01-14-2006, 11:57 PM
On the contrary. Harold, despite his lack of enthusiasm or words for that matter seems to totally understand why he is there. I had no problem getting him. My quest for Harold started when I was 10. He walked past me with two security guards down the right field line as I helplessly dangled my 83 program at him. I NEVER EVER saw Harold sign at the ball park in the 80's. The first Soxfest I went to (4 or 5 years ago) my quest was to get Harold. I spotted him at the party on Saturday night sipping water as the rest of his teamates chugged beers and with some help from my wife I got 7 or 8 of them. Got it another time after a seminar and 2 more at the private autograph session. Harold has made himself available at the two I've been to. I guess part of it has to do with timing and being at the right spot at the right time. Stalking also helps!:wink:

It could be right place, right time. I seemed to not run into him as often as the other coaches, but when I did him he was very nice and signed.

gr8mexico
01-15-2006, 12:59 AM
Last year I went into the Garage sale and there was Baines sitting on a table waiting for people to come up to him to sign stuff. No one would go up to him I guess alot of people didnt know who he was that was great for me because I was able to get a couple of perfect autographs:bandance: :bandance:

gr8mexico
01-18-2006, 07:17 PM
Joe Crede and Chris Singleton just got added to the list of players attending.

INSox56
01-18-2006, 11:15 PM

at soxfest, you'll have autograph sessions at different times, usually involving 2-3 players/coaches. Say at 9AM you'll have joe crede and AJ together in one section and JD and Brian Anderson in another. You'll have to wait in a long line to get the autographs and you will only be able to get to one of those sessions unless you go from the front of the line for a popular one directly in line for another less popular one with lesser wanted players. Mostly it's a lot of waiting in line and going from one line to another. It's best to try to find the lineups for the days and work out a gameplan.

Iwritecode
01-19-2006, 12:49 AM
Last year, Freddy didn't make it because he had visa problems.

That's just what they said...

Dolly
01-19-2006, 01:08 AM
On the contrary. Harold, despite his lack of enthusiasm or words for that matter seems to totally understand why he is there. I had no problem getting him. My quest for Harold started when I was 10. He walked past me with two security guards down the right field line as I helplessly dangled my 83 program at him. I NEVER EVER saw Harold sign at the ball park in the 80's. The first Soxfest I went to (4 or 5 years ago) my quest was to get Harold. I spotted him at the party on Saturday night sipping water as the rest of his teamates chugged beers and with some help from my wife I got 7 or 8 of them. Got it another time after a seminar and 2 more at the private autograph session. Harold has made himself available at the two I've been to. I guess part of it has to do with timing and being at the right spot at the right time. Stalking also helps!:wink:My sisters ran into Harold on the concourse at the All-Star game, and he signed their ticket stubs. From what they said, he was very accommodating and willing to sign autographs. I, unfortunately, was at my seat already, so I missed out. :angry:

Martinigirl
01-19-2006, 02:19 AM
That's just what they said...

This is the third time I have read something snarky about Freddy and I just don't get it. I have met the man and he is the nicest person. He was so kind when I met him. My friend was telling him that I was a jinx and that everytime I go to a game he starts, he loses. He assured me it wasn't my fault, he apologized for his home record and made me promise to continue going to games. He is an absolute doll.

I am sure if they said he had visa problems, he did. He is nothing but nice to fans, or I should say, that has been my true of my interactions with him.

Scottiehaswheels
01-19-2006, 02:50 AM
This is the third time I have read something snarky about Freddy and I just don't get it. I have met the man and he is the nicest person. He was so kind when I met him. My friend was telling him that I was a jinx and that everytime I go to a game he starts, he loses. He assured me it wasn't my fault, he apologized for his home record and made me promise to continue going to games. He is an absolute doll.

I am sure if they said he had visa problems, he did. He is nothing but nice to fans, or I should say, that has been my true of my interactions with him.

Hate to sound sexist but you're also female based on your nickname... Could have something to do with how he treats you personally...

Bobbo35
01-19-2006, 08:06 AM

Ya, I feel it is an obligation to the organization and the fan base that all players should make an appearance unless there are extreme situations like winter ball or something to that effect. When I was playing football in Toronto, it was mandatory that all players attended the fan convention because the management said it showed that the players care. That is not on the same scale, but the same concept.

GoSox2K3
01-19-2006, 11:14 AM
I just hope they have a mechanical bull there! :tongue:

LauraJ14
01-19-2006, 11:28 AM
Any news on Buehrle attending? He wasn't there last year either. If he can make time to go to the St Louis Cardinal writers dinner then I want to see him at Soxfest!

salty99
01-19-2006, 12:29 PM
SO far no announcement that Buehrle will be there.

Martinigirl
01-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Hate to sound sexist but you're also female based on your nickname... Could have something to do with how he treats you personally...

Well, when I first met him, he was with his wife, so it wasn't like he was hitting on me, he was just a genuinely nice guy. And to hear him actually apologize for his home record was surreal.

DaBears
01-19-2006, 01:19 PM
when do they announce the complete autograph schedule?? They say at a "closer date". Correct me if I am wrong but doesnt SoxFest start tomorrow?:?:

TheDarkGundam
01-19-2006, 01:25 PM
when do they announce the complete autograph schedule?? They say at a "closer date". Correct me if I am wrong but doesnt SoxFest start tomorrow?:?:
Next friday is when it starts.
I'm also waiting for the schedule. I wanna know when Jenks is gonna be there!

Mickster
01-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Yes I was. Which is why I had the same question Brian does.

Why bother making up the story?

We would have to ask the Sox on that one as I can not see Freddy telling the Sox that he has "visa problems". Regardless of what was announced, Jr. said he was on his honeymoon and that is good enough for me. :smile:

Iwritecode
01-19-2006, 04:58 PM
We would have to ask the Sox on that one as I can not see Freddy telling the Sox that he has "visa problems". Regardless of what was announced, Jr. said he was on his honeymoon and that is good enough for me. :smile:

You guys gonna be there this year?

Mickster
01-19-2006, 05:03 PM
You guys gonna be there this year?

Yes, all 3 days. Will pick up the little one on Saturday night and he'll have his first Soxfest experience Sunday. :)

You and the better half going?

Iwritecode
01-19-2006, 05:19 PM
Yes, all 3 days. Will pick up the little one on Saturday night and he'll have his first Soxfest experience Sunday. :)

You and the better half going?

Yep. My bro-in-law will be in tow again as well.

Hopefully we can get him to join the party in the bar this year. :cool:

esbrechtel
01-19-2006, 11:29 PM
Thanks for all of the soxfest advice, i will be attending my first sox fest this year and cannot wait!!!! anyone know when they will be posting the schedules....