PDA

View Full Version : Hotels for ST

manders_01
01-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Any reccommendations?

MarySwiss
01-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Any reccommendations?

Check out my Spring Training Primer on the home page. Click on the "Visit Tucson" link or "Visit Phoenix" link (depending on your destination) and you should be able to find out everything you need to know.

manders_01
01-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Check out my Spring Training Primer on the home page. Click on the "Visit Tucson" link or "Visit Phoenix" link (depending on your destination) and you should be able to find out everything you need to know.

I was looking more for, "That hotel is totally discusting - don't bother." or "A lot of Sox fans stay here." But I will check that out - thank you.

MarySwiss
01-13-2006, 03:35 PM
Ahh, gotcha! Sorry, I can't help you there, but I'm sure others can. :smile:

itsnotrequired
01-13-2006, 03:41 PM
I was looking more for, "That hotel is totally discusting - don't bother." or "A lot of Sox fans stay here." But I will check that out - thank you.

I've always found tripadvisor.com to have pretty good customer reviews.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g60950-Tucson_Arizona-Hotels.html

maurice
01-13-2006, 04:02 PM
Any reccommendations?

Price range? Mandatory features?

manders_01
01-13-2006, 04:07 PM
Less than $100 - preferably in the 40-60 dollar range (I realize I'm not getting the Rtiz for that money but would like someplace that isn't a raoch motel). Would prefer a pool. I'm renting a car so getting around isn't an issue.

MarySwiss
01-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Less than $100 - preferably in the 40-60 dollar range (I realize I'm not getting the Rtiz for that money but would like someplace that isn't a raoch motel). Would prefer a pool. I'm renting a car so getting around isn't an issue.

This may be tough; March is the height of tourist season. But if you don't mind driving a bit, check out Marana. It's about 25-30 miles NW of Tucson, and there are a bunch of hotels/motels there. For openers,

http://hotel-guides.us/arizona/marana-az-hotels.html

havelj
01-13-2006, 05:21 PM

I do not see this - link?

MarySwiss
01-13-2006, 05:42 PM
I do not see this - link?

Ask, and you shall receive!

http://www.visittucson.org/

http://www.phoenixchamber.com/VisitorInformation/

Viva Medias B's
01-13-2006, 06:05 PM

I'm staying at a Red Roof Inn on Irvington for about $52 per night. It's a short drive from TEP Park.

manders_01
01-16-2006, 07:22 PM
I'm staying at a Red Roof Inn on Irvington for about $52 per night. It's a short drive from TEP Park.

Have you stayed there before? I'm just trying to make sure I don't stay in a hotel where I'm scared to turn out the light. :D:

Viva Medias B's
01-16-2006, 08:12 PM
Have you stayed there before? I'm just trying to make sure I don't stay in a hotel where I'm scared to turn out the light. :D:

This is my first time at this hotel, so I don't know what its really like. I think the area is relatively safe; it's a hodge-podge of hotels and industrial parks near I-10. I used to stay at the nearby Holiday Inn Palo Verde, but they upped their prices by 45%.

Of course, if there are any Tucsonans who are familiar with the area of the Red Roof Inn South (3700 Irvington Road), please tell us what it is like.

michned
01-17-2006, 03:34 PM
This is my first time at this hotel, so I don't know what its really like. I think the area is relatively safe; it's a hodge-podge of hotels and industrial parks near I-10. I used to stay at the nearby Holiday Inn Palo Verde, but they upped their prices by 45%.

Of course, if there are any Tucsonans who are familiar with the area of the Red Roof Inn South (3700 Irvington Road), please tell us what it is like.
You are pretty much on target. It's nestled between an industrial area and the I-10 freeway. I know relatives of my wife's family have stayed there in the past and I have yet to hear any horror stories from their experiences.

For others reading the thread, as Mary mentioned, try Marana, about a half hour northwest of the stadium. Do a search here for "marana," as there was a thread started a couple months ago with hotel and restaraunt names up there. Everything is filling up fast though.

C-Dawg
01-17-2006, 04:31 PM
I'm just trying to make sure I don't stay in a hotel where I'm scared to turn out the light. :D:

I'm usually able to find the creepy places where its scary to turn out the light - its a gift I have. :cool:

I will be at the Motel 6 on Benson Highway in Tucson - its the cheapest Motel 6 in town but the only one without a pool if I remember right.

I stayed at the Super 8 previously, but was looking for something a little less dough this time since Super 8 has discontinued their discount program I used to be a member of.

Viva Medias B's
01-17-2006, 10:57 PM
You are pretty much on target. It's nestled between an industrial area and the I-10 freeway. I know relatives of my wife's family have stayed there in the past and I have yet to hear any horror stories from their experiences.

For others reading the thread, as Mary mentioned, try Marana, about a half hour northwest of the stadium. Do a search here for "marana," as there was a thread started a couple months ago with hotel and restaraunt names up there. Everything is filling up fast though.

Are there any bars/restaurants in the vicinity of the Red Roof Inn? You know how Red Roof Inn is known for having hotel bars.

manders_01
01-18-2006, 12:09 PM

I just made a reservation for there also. See you then! :D:

MarySwiss
01-18-2006, 12:51 PM

If you can't find anything in Tucson or Marana, probably your next fallback would be Casa Grande. That's a little more of a hike, about midway between Phoenix and Tucson.

Casa Grande (http://hotels.desertusa.com/Arizona/Casa-Grande/index.html)

michned
01-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Are there any bars/restaurants in the vicinity of the Red Roof Inn? You know how Red Roof Inn is known for having hotel bars.
Try heading 1 1/2 miles west on Irvington. At the intersection of Campbell/Irvington, there are three shopping centers on the corners. Can't recall anything specific off hand there...come to think of it, there is a Famous Sam's in the Safeway plaza ( http://www.famoussams.net ).

havelj
01-19-2006, 08:57 PM
Can anyone confirm that the White Sox official hotel for ST is is the Four Points by Sheraton Tucson University Plaza just off the U of A campus? Accorind to Fodor's it is.

"A favorite of visiting faculty, prospective students, and parents, and the spring training home of the Chicago White Sox."

http://www.fodors.com/miniguides/mgresults.cfm?destination=tucson@159&cur_section=l od&property_id=101633 (http://www.fodors.com/miniguides/mgresults.cfm?destination=tucson@159&cur_section=lod&property_id=101633)

havelj
01-24-2006, 11:36 PM
Does anyone know about this hotel in Tucson? And how is the area it is in?

It is the "RiverPark Inn" about 5 miles from TEP and a little west of U of A.

http://www.theriverparkinn.com/index.asp

doublem23
01-25-2006, 02:02 AM
Here's a question; how old does one have to be to rent a car in Arizona? Rumors around here fly left and right between 21-25. Or, how accessible are things via public transportation? I'm up in the air as to what to do with my Spring Break, and Spring Training in Arizona would be a blast, but I don't think I can coax any friends into coming with unless my gameplan is more than "we're going to ****ing watch the Sox all day." We'll need some sort of transportation, otherwise... Maybe Vegas?

manders_01
01-25-2006, 09:29 AM
Here's a question; how old does one have to be to rent a car in Arizona? Rumors around here fly left and right between 21-25. Or, how accessible are things via public transportation? I'm up in the air as to what to do with my Spring Break, and Spring Training in Arizona would be a blast, but I don't think I can coax any friends into coming with unless my gameplan is more than "we're going to ****ing watch the Sox all day." We'll need some sort of transportation, otherwise... Maybe Vegas?

It usually various between rental places but IIRC all of them ask you how old the driver will be when you fill out a reservation request online.