PDA

View Full Version : Extra tickets

IggyD
01-12-2006, 02:21 PM
I have been waiting for the form to order extra tickets for Opening Day and Cubs games...Rep just told me that all season ticket holders should get an email that will detail the sale.

I have double play plan and it will be great to see the ring ceremony, but I would really love to get Opening Night for the flag raising and a few extra Sox/cub tickets

Palehose13
01-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Yeah. You, me, and the other 6000 members here.

Jerko
01-12-2006, 02:37 PM
Yeah. You, me, and the other 6000 members here.

No ****. I already have half of my office asking me for mine.

Law11
01-12-2006, 02:38 PM
13 game package folks do not gett his option correct?

chisoxfanatic
01-12-2006, 02:49 PM
13 game package folks do not gett his option correct?

Correct.

Am I the only season ticket holder who has yet to receive ONE email from their ticket rep? I'm starting to get a bit pissed off at this!

Jerko
01-12-2006, 02:51 PM
Correct.

Am I the only season ticket holder who has yet to receive ONE email from their ticket rep? I'm starting to get a bit pissed off at this!

I've EMAILED my rep and it takes me a few weeks to hear back from him. I think the last email I received from him was when the Sox acquired Vazquez.

kjkobs
01-12-2006, 02:52 PM
I've EMAILED my rep and it takes me a few weeks to hear back from him. I think the last email I received from him was when the Sox acquired Vazquez.

Who's your rep?

Palehose13
01-12-2006, 02:55 PM
Correct.

My rep (Greg) usually gets back to me the same day I e-mail him. the last time I did was Tuesday asking him about a pre-sale of sinlge game tickets for ST holders. He told me that the details were being worked out and we (ST holders) will get an e-mail soon regarding this.

Tekijawa
01-12-2006, 02:57 PM
My rep (Greg) usually gets back to me the same day I e-mail him. the last time I did was Tuesday asking him about a pre-sale of sinlge game tickets for ST holders. He told me that the details were being worked out and we (ST holders) will get an e-mail soon regarding this.

Greg rocks Ice!!!

Palehose13
01-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Greg rocks Ice!!!

Yeah, Greg is pretty cool. I wish he would have gotten me some stadium club passes...I thought I got special perks being a mod! :cool:

But seriously, he always gets back that day or the next and is always very polite and helpful.

Ol' No. 2
01-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Correct.

Am I the only season ticket holder who has yet to receive ONE email from their ticket rep? I'm starting to get a bit pissed off at this!I haven't heard anything yet, either, with much the same result. How long does it take to decide something like this?

:DJ It's not rocket surgery.

skottyj242
01-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Not to hijack the thread or anything but does anyone know when the tickets will physically be in our hands?

Ol' No. 2
01-12-2006, 03:12 PM
Not to hijack the thread or anything but does anyone know when the tickets will physically be in our hands?Usually mid-March.

spiffie
01-12-2006, 03:12 PM
I talked to my rep (Dave) yesterday, and he said that we should be getting the emails next week about the pre-sale.

skottyj242
01-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Usually mid-March.

That's what I though but because they go on-sale to the general public so early this year I thought we might get them earlier.

Ol' No. 2
01-12-2006, 03:27 PM
That's what I though but because they go on-sale to the general public so early this year I thought we might get them earlier.They went on sale to the general public in January last year, too, but I don't think that has anything to do with it. Final payment for ST holders is due on 1/20. They probably offer a short grace period, then re-check the list before sending it to the printers. After they're printed they have to package them and mail them out, and they probably have only a small staff to do it.

alohafri
01-12-2006, 03:32 PM

I think we have the same rep. He is a good guy.

nevr say dye sox
01-12-2006, 03:34 PM
who ever had Greg as a rep, you must not have gotten an e-mail in a while cause he's no longer a rep Jeff Bocaki or something like that took over. Greg was promoted within the organization. Jeff's been great getting back to my e-mails in like an hour.:cool:

Tekijawa
01-12-2006, 03:39 PM
who ever had Greg as a rep, you must not have gotten an e-mail in a while cause he's no longer a rep Jeff Bocaki or something like that took over. Greg was promoted within the organization. Jeff's been great getting back to my e-mails in like an hour.:cool:

I got an email from Greg on the 4th about my tickets, But I am kind of a Big deal:redneck

When was he promoted? Congrats to the Man GREG!

LauraJ14
01-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Does anyone have a group for opening day or the Cubs Series? I have been waiting since Dec to find out if I am getting my group. I had to have the form submitted by Oct. I have sent my rep an email asking about the status and the latest response was " I will have an answer for you this week."
Is that double talk for " you are not getting any Cub tickets but I have lots of tickets for you for KC or Tampa?"
It's funny how winning the World Series means that everyone that I know now wants tickets to the Sox/ Cubs game but several years ago it was like pulling teeth to get people to commit.

SouthSide_HitMen
01-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Greg rocks Ice!!!

Tell me about it. He (Greg Hodges) signed me up during the hectic World Series week. I was informed Jeff Bogacki has taken over my account a few weeks ago. He has responded promptly to my email regarding the form I did not get and said he mailed one to me today.

I am still confused as half the posters here say there will be an online sale while others have said there is a form to complete and remit.

:dunno:

Palehose13
01-12-2006, 03:49 PM

Subject:RE: Single game ticketsDate:Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:32:51 -0600From:"Greg Hodges" <GHODGES@chisox.com> To:"Valerie Chuchman"
Hi Valerie!

There will be an online pre-sale, for single game tickets for season ticket holders, before tickets go on sale to the public. The details are still being worked out. Once all the details are set we will be notifying you via email.

Thanks
Greg

I never got said e-mail and Greg is still answering my e-mails as if he is my rep.

SouthSide_HitMen
01-12-2006, 03:50 PM
I got an email from Greg on the 4th about my tickets, But I am kind of a Big deal:redneck

When was he promoted? Congrats to the Man GREG!

Official email from Greg:

This is your former account executive Greg Hodges. I am emailing from your new account executive's email.

I hope this finds you well. I wanted to thank you for a great year and to say it's been a pleasure working with you whether it has been since I first started or if you are relatively new. I have accepted another position within our sales department effective immediately and will no longer be your account executive.

Looks like I got a dear John letter. It seems he still retained many accounts but transferred others. I sent a few emails regarding this ticket form brought up on the boards and Jeff, my new rep, has responded promptly. I'll await what he sends me regarding the ticket form for extra tickets.

Tekijawa
01-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Does anyone have a group for opening day or the Cubs Series? I have been waiting since Dec to find out if I am getting my group. I had to have the form submitted by Oct. I have sent my rep an email asking about the status and the latest response was " I will have an answer for you this week."
Is that double talk for " you are not getting any Cub tickets but I have lots of tickets for you for KC or Tampa?"
It's funny how winning the World Series means that everyone that I know now wants tickets to the Sox/ Cubs game but several years ago it was like pulling teeth to get people to commit.

Those games were filled up long before this year. I had to drop out of my Cubs series Patio Party when they started the if you want this game you have to have a Party for two other games rule for the popular dates and then gave me 2 weeks to try an put some cash together.... needless to say I couldn't.

All the big dates are corporate now!

spiffie
01-12-2006, 04:17 PM
Regarding group sales, I was offered a chance to buy tickets for the second game (ring ceremony) of the season, so if you want that game you should call your rep ASAP as there might still be openings.

DumpJerry
01-12-2006, 04:47 PM
According to my rep (John), group sales started this week. John put me on the wait-list for one of the Red Sox games back in November and I was able to make the purchase yesterday (50 tickets).

After things calmed down there in November, John has been real good at getting back to me in a timely manner (usually same day). He took over for my rep last year, Mike, who was an intern.

To show me how customer oriented he is, John has been able to get Konerko to wash my car every Saturday, Dye to pick up my dry cleaning weekly and Kenny to shovel the snow and mow the lawn. That's service!:D:

Oh yeah, he got Pierzynski to pass out candy to trick or treaters.....that was fun.

BainesHOF
01-12-2006, 04:48 PM
For whatever it's worth, Greg has been a great rep for me, and I have yet to receive any such e-mail from him that he is no longer my rep.

soxwon
01-12-2006, 05:02 PM
Yeah, Greg is pretty cool. I wish he would have gotten me some stadium club passes...I thought I got special perks being a mod! :cool:

But seriously, he always gets back that day or the next and is always very polite and helpful.

greg hodges am i correct?
he is very good-nice guy meet him at soxfest last year.

Palehose13
01-12-2006, 05:06 PM
greg hodges am i correct?
he is very good-nice guy meet him at soxfest last year.

Yep, Greg Hodges.

IggyD
01-12-2006, 07:56 PM
That is strange, I got the email from Jeff today about Spring Training tickets and I questioned him about the Extra tickets for Opening Day and Cubs. The thing is, Jeff is not my rep. Brian Jordan is my rep. I wonder if this Jeff took over for both Greg and Brian. I never got an email telling me that Brian is no longer my rep....hummmmmmm

MUScholar21
01-12-2006, 08:04 PM
All you people complaining about your ST....am I the only poor schlub who can't afford those who is having a hard time feeling sorry?

I just want a fair shake at seats for 4/2-hopefully we individual game buyers don't get hosed on ticket availability like during the playoffs.

IggyD
01-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Just got an email from my Rep. Brian (makes me wonder why Jeff emailed me earlier today), he said that no forms this year...there is going to be an online presale in early February.

IggyD
01-12-2006, 08:07 PM
All you people complaining about your ST....am I the only poor schlub who can't afford those who is having a hard time feeling sorry?

I just want a fair shake at seats for 4/2-hopefully we individual game buyers don't get hosed on ticket availability like during the playoffs.

You will not only get hosed this year, you get the water too and be left all wet in a corner:rolleyes:

at least you'll still have TV

chisoxfanatic
01-12-2006, 08:09 PM
Well, I finally got an email from my rep today (Chris S.). It was regarding purchasing spring training season tickets.

Regarding the extra tickets, IIRC, according to DumpJerry, full season ticket holders will get the ability to purchase them on January 24th, while we split-season ticket holders will get the ability to purchase them on January 25th. Tickets go on sale to the general public on January 27th.

Palehose13
01-12-2006, 08:26 PM

Who is complaining? We're talking about our reps and there seems to be some confusion. We are not looking for sympathy.

BTW...for $465 you can get a hit and run plan that will guarantee you a seat for opening day. For $169 you can get an Ozzie plan and most likely be there for either the banner or the ring ceremony. C'mon you're a Marquette grad. Surely you have a credit card with $500 on it. :wink:

champagne030
01-12-2006, 08:30 PM

Did you have opening day or the Flubs series last year? I highly doubt you'll be getting one if you didn't have the group outing last year. I did have an outing for the Friday Flubs game and I have it again....Confirmed by my ticket rep, Greg, who is still a ticket rep.

BTW - They hired some new account reps to handle the influx of season ticket holders. I didn't ask, but I would assume that if you are a new ST holder and signed up with Greg you were handed off to a new ticket rep. Also, I was told that people without an email account will receive a form to fax/mail for additional tickets. ST holders with an email account will be sent the info to purchase additional tickets online. I was told it will be a first come/first serve basis and mail/fax/online orders will all happen at the same time. I would assume most people reading this will get the email if you're a ST holder. A friend who is not computer literate received the letter today via USPS for ordering additional tickets.

IggyD
01-12-2006, 08:56 PM
I was told that people without an email account will receive a form to fax/mail for additional tickets. ST holders with an email account will be sent the info to purchase additional tickets online. I was told it will be a first come/first serve basis and mail/fax/online orders will all happen at the same time. I would assume most people reading this will get the email if you're a ST holder. A friend who is not computer literate received the letter today via USPS for ordering additional tickets.

That seem unlikely. They cannot process mail/fax before on-line orders. So, that would put the hard copy orders at a disadvantage as they cannot be processed as fast as on-line orders. They would have to process hard copy first which would be unfair to on-line orders because they would not get the chance to be part of the first come deal like the hard copy folks.

What they will probably do for the computer illiterate is send them a letter in the mail having them call on that day at the same time On-line orders start. That would be the fair way to process everyone first come first serve....IMHO

champagne030
01-12-2006, 09:08 PM
[quote=IggyD]That seem unlikely. They cannot process mail/fax before on-line orders. So, that would put the hard copy orders at a disadvantage as they cannot be processed as fast as on-line orders. They would have to process hard copy first which would be unfair to on-line orders because they would not get the chance to be part of the first come deal like the hard copy folks.

No they won't process mail/fax before the others, but imagine how long it takes someone (and I mean 1) to enter via mail/fax vs. online....moral is order online and your chances will be better.....just passing along info........

MySoxAreClean
01-12-2006, 09:25 PM
Regarding group sales, I was offered a chance to buy tickets for the second game (ring ceremony) of the season, so if you want that game you should call your rep ASAP as there might still be openings.

So that tuesday will be the ring ceromny? apr 4?

Palehose13
01-12-2006, 09:26 PM
So that tuesday will be the ring ceromny? apr 4?

I believe so.

IggyD
01-12-2006, 10:34 PM
No they won't process mail/fax before the others, but imagine how long it takes someone (and I mean 1) to enter via mail/fax vs. online....moral is order online and your chances will be better.....just passing along info........

That was my point...that it would not be done that way...with forms.

LauraJ14
01-13-2006, 09:16 AM
Did you have opening day or the Flubs series last year? I highly doubt you'll be getting one if you didn't have the group outing last year. I did have an outing for the Friday Flubs game and I have it again....Confirmed by my ticket rep, Greg, who is still a ticket rep.

BTW - They hired some new account reps to handle the influx of season ticket holders. I didn't ask, but I would assume that if you are a new ST holder and signed up with Greg you were handed off to a new ticket rep. Also, I was told that people without an email account will receive a form to fax/mail for additional tickets. ST holders with an email account will be sent the info to purchase additional tickets online. I was told it will be a first come/first serve basis and mail/fax/online orders will all happen at the same time. I would assume most people reading this will get the email if you're a ST holder. A friend who is not computer literate received the letter today via USPS for ordering additional tickets.

I have had the group for the Saturday Cubs game since 2000 so I was hoping that I would get it again. Natalie is my rep and its been hard getting info about my group.

ewokpelts
01-13-2006, 09:57 PM
Who is complaining? We're talking about our reps and there seems to be some confusion. We are not looking for sympathy.

BTW...for $465 you can get a hit and run plan that will guarantee you a seat for opening day. For $169 you can get an Ozzie plan and most likely be there for either the banner or the ring ceremony. C'mon you're a Marquette grad. Surely you have a credit card with $500 on it. :wink:
I agree...if you're so concerned about getting opening day and playoff tickets, the 27 game plan is perfect for you...1 cubs game, opening night, astros, cards, blo sawks, yankmees...oh and..... PLAYOFF TICKETS

let's not forget that they'll always be the same seat......

Gene

ewokpelts
01-13-2006, 09:58 PM
I have had the group for the Saturday Cubs game since 2000 so I was hoping that I would get it again. Natalie is my rep and its been hard getting info about my group.call her and ask striaght up what's the deal with tix........i talked to my rep brian, and he told me i'm not guranteed(but i did get opening day group tix)
Gene

roylestillman
01-13-2006, 10:15 PM
Natalie is my rep, too. She said she would know more about group sales next week. I'm renewing the Friday Scrub game and two other Friday games. It sounds like at the very least we're moving upstairs. I assume they will lock these in before they open ticket sales to the public on January 24th.

Also did anyone else send in that order form for Spring Training tickets we received a few weeks back. I sent it back, but haven't heard a thing, and wonder if I shouldn't hit keyboards tomorrow when they go on sale.just in case.

soxwon
01-13-2006, 10:38 PM
I believe so.

originally the opener was on monday then wed thurs games.

Its now on Sunday night aND TUE-WED RIGHT?

ARE TUE-WED DAY GAMES?

chisoxfanatic
01-13-2006, 10:41 PM
originally the opener was on monday then wed thurs games.

Its now on Sunday night aND TUE-WED RIGHT?

ARE TUE-WED DAY GAMES?

Yes, both are day games. The first night game after Opening Night isn't until the following Friday night against the Jays.

champagne030
01-24-2006, 12:03 PM

I just received an invoice for my group outing and :o: . My Cub outing last year was in section 103 row 5-6. This year it's section 554 row 14-16! The group in September against Cleveland is a little better - Section 156 row 20-22.

LauraJ14
01-24-2006, 02:25 PM
I just received an invoice for my group outing and :o: . My Cub outing last year was in section 103 row 5-6. This year it's section 554 row 14-16! The group in September against Cleveland is a little better - Section 156 row 20-22.

Lucky you, I did not get my Saturday Cubs group. I was told there were only about 2,000 tickets for Saturday group tickets this season where last year they had about 10,000. I did get a group for the Saturday Houston game so some of the people in my group are happy and the rest are pissed off. Oh well if the only game they want to go to is the Cub game, I am sure I can find other people to replace them.

Hangar18
01-24-2006, 04:39 PM
.......... Oh well if the only game they want to go to is the Cub game, I am sure I can find other people to replace them.

Time for some new friends I say ................

champagne030
01-24-2006, 05:26 PM
Lucky you, I did not get my Saturday Cubs group. I was told there were only about 2,000 tickets for Saturday group tickets this season where last year they had about 10,000. I did get a group for the Saturday Houston game so some of the people in my group are happy and the rest are pissed off. Oh well if the only game they want to go to is the Cub game, I am sure I can find other people to replace them.

There's probably more seats available for the Friday game and that's what I always get....Probably the only reason I got any group tickets at all and I bet most/all groups will be upper-tank that weekend.