PDA

View Full Version : A heads up to all of Bears fans regarding Cubs convention.

It's Time
01-12-2006, 11:33 AM
I think it's our duty to pass this along to all Bears fans in town and coming in for the game. ESPN 1000 just reported that the Bears are staying at the Hilton towers on Michigan Ave this weekend. This just so happens to be the same weekend of the convention.

Fair warning Bears fans, fair warning. Bears and Cubs in the same hotel:o: .

Now THAT'S a Zoo.

SOXintheBURGH
01-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Maybe Hangar can meet some more Cubs in the hotel lounge?

DumpJerry
01-12-2006, 01:18 PM
Maybe Hangar can meet some more Cubs in the hotel lounge?
Henry and Scammy had a quiet dinner at Gibson's last night.:cool:

Fenway
01-12-2006, 01:23 PM
A logical person would assume that a Chicago team trying to win a playoff game at home would stay as far away from the Chicago Cubs as possible.

When i was young
It seemed that life was so wonderful
A miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical
And all the birds in the trees
Well they´d be singing so happily
Oh joyfully, oh playfully watching me
But then they sent me away
To teach me how to be sensible
Logical, oh responsible ,practical
And they showed me a world
Where i could be so dependable
Oh clinical, oh intellectual, cynical

SOXintheBURGH
01-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Hmmm...

Robbie Gould is my age, and I know that I can be privy to putting on a good drunk in a posh hotel lounge. If he misses any game winning field goals due to being hungover, I'll kick his arse. I had a class with him at PSU, he was a douche.

Ol' No. 2
01-12-2006, 02:11 PM
Maybe Hangar can meet some more Cubs in the hotel lounge?I'm sure everyone at the convention would LOVE to see his replica trophy.:tongue:

zach23
01-12-2006, 03:26 PM
The Bears have been staying at the Hilton on the weekend of home games for years. My wife worked there in the late 80's - early 90's and used to check them in for their rooms. She said Steve McMichael was once pissed at her because she didn't know who he was and he had to tell her his name to check in.
I think the only player she knew by face was Keith Van Horn because she had a crush on him.

It's Time
01-12-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm sure everyone at the convention would LOVE to see his replica trophy.:tongue:

Tribune and Sun Times sports pages on Sunday:

Hangar18?

"A White Sox fan carrying a replica of the 2005 WS trophy was seen parading through the bars and restaurants at the 2006 Cubs convention yelling: "The Chicago media should not be here covering this event and it's an obvious slap to the White Sox that they are doing so".

The fan went on to say:

"Would the White Sox fan fest get ANY COVERAGE, let alone wall to wall coverage if that OTHER TEAM won the WS"?

At one point, the White Sox fan was seen in an angry exchange with a female Cubs fan that can only be desribed as "not cordial".

:)

I want Mags back
01-12-2006, 04:20 PM
IS cubs sconvention really this weekend. Seems like that has been kept a little "under the Radar" this year, and deserably so.

Dan Mega
01-12-2006, 04:50 PM
At one point, the White Sox fan was seen in an angry exchange with a female Cubs fan that can only be desribed as "not cordial".

Hangar flipping out on an old lady wearing a Flubs hat? Now that I gotta see!

SABRSox
01-12-2006, 05:01 PM
This same situation happened when the Bears were last in the playoffs. We all know how well that turned out...

Palehose13
01-12-2006, 05:19 PM

Hangar18?

"A White Sox fan carrying a replica of the 2005 WS trophy was seen parading through the bars and restaurants at the 2006 Cubs convention yelling: "The Chicago media should not be here covering this event and it's an obvious slap to the White Sox that they are doing so".

The fan went on to say:

"Would the White Sox fan fest get ANY COVERAGE, let alone wall to wall coverage if that OTHER TEAM won the WS"?

That's good stuff. Hangar...get your ass to the convention with that trophy! :redneck

chisoxfanatic
01-12-2006, 10:01 PM

Hangar18?

The fan went on to say:

Very good; but, Hangar puts emphasis on the SOX over every other word in every post he types. :cool:

Viva Medias B's
01-12-2006, 10:07 PM
In the wake of our World Series championship, I wonder what the tone of the crosstown rival's fans will be at their convention.

chisoxfanatic
01-12-2006, 10:23 PM
In the wake of our World Series championship, I wonder what the tone of the crosstown rival's fans will be at their convention.

I wonder how they'll be like during the Sox/Cubs serieses this year? :tongue:

Hangar18
01-16-2006, 08:28 AM

Hangar18?

The fan went on to say:

That didnt really happen did it? :o:

Hangar18
01-16-2006, 08:30 AM
by the way, not sure if anyone noticed this, but this is the 1st time in DECADES, that the Cub Convention wasnt wall-to-wall covered, with reporters shamefully gushing about the excitement of the upcoming season.
The were finally overshadowed by the Bears (rightfully so) and to a degree
the White Sox. BRAVO!

hsnterprize
01-16-2006, 08:59 AM
Yep...the Cubs Convention was overshadowed this year. I noticed there wasn't a lot of "wall-to-wall" coverage of the event, and that's a good thing. There was even some...dare I say it..."NEGATIVE" coverage of the event because of the responses Jim Hendry and Dusty Baker received when they were first introduced to the crowd. Even our old buddy Marriotti said the world of "Cubdom" is in a collective state of angst because there's no one else left to leech on to for "loser status (quote's mine, not his)." Let's face it...Cubs fans in general ave pretty ticked with their team's futility. They're realizing that "losing" isn't lovable, and they have no choice but to look at the south side for a "winning example".

I'm preaching to the choir, but I think as long as the Sox keep their winning ways, more and more people will be "delivered" from their doldrums of the ballpark, curses, goats, bars, and other "Wrigley-isms", and get a hold of the ultimate truth that matters...hype does NOT substitute for substance. Hopefully, enough people will recognize that, and stop wasting their time/money on that "north side" team. Maybe that will finally get the Tribsters to either get out of baseball, or fund a winning team.

ChiSoxGirl
01-17-2006, 08:31 AM
Here's an entertaining bit of information for my fellow Sox fans.

I was at Field of Dreams yesterday afternoon in Woodfield, looking for an official World Series baseball to get autographed at SoxFest next weekend. I was told they were "all sold out, with Cubs convention being this past weekend." Huh?! :?: Last time I checked, it was the SOUTH SIDE team that played and won the World Series, not them!! And furthermore, it's not even like they have a 2005 World Champion on their team, as none of our players were traded to that team! What in the world do their fans want official World Series baseballs for????

zach23
01-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Here's an entertaining bit of information for my fellow Sox fans.

I was at Field of Dreams yesterday afternoon in Woodfield, looking for an official World Series baseball to get autographed at SoxFest next weekend. I was told they were "all sold out, with Cubs convention being this past weekend." Huh?! :?: Last time I checked, it was the SOUTH SIDE team that played and won the World Series, not them!! And furthermore, it's not even like they have a 2005 World Champion on their team, as none of our players were traded to that team! What in the world do their fans want official World Series baseballs for????

Maybe their plan now is to blow up those baseballs and eat them to get to a World Series. Afterall there isn't anything left of the Bartman ball to eat.

ChiSoxGirl
01-17-2006, 11:49 AM
Maybe their plan now is to blow up those baseballs and eat them to get to a World Series. Afterall there isn't anything left of the Bartman ball to eat.

:roflmao: