PDA

View Full Version : more love for KW

Fenway
01-12-2006, 08:57 AM
Tonight at the Boston Baseball Writers dinner, White Sox GM Kenny Williams will receive the "Executive of the Year Award" and give the keynote speech. :smile:

Baby Fisk
01-12-2006, 09:04 AM
...and then the roundhouse kicks will fly!

Risk
01-12-2006, 09:41 AM
But wait, wait, wait, I thought that Cleveland GM Mark Shapiro was more deserving than KW. You know, there is also guy in Oakland who had in his book how much of an idiot KW is.

Risk

1951Campbell
01-12-2006, 10:07 PM
Maybe while he's in town he could point out that most teams only have one GM.

Palehose13
01-12-2006, 10:09 PM

:roflmao:

But seriously, congrats to KW!

Brian26
01-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Tonight at the Boston Baseball Writers dinner, White Sox GM Kenny Williams will receive the "Executive of the Year Award" and give the keynote speech. :smile:

Did you attend, Fenway?

Fenway
01-12-2006, 10:22 PM
Did you attend, Fenway?

sadly no, work brought me to Colorado :(:

I've been to the dinner a few times and it is a good take in. ( just ignore the rubber steaks ) This year they moved it to the new white elephant convention center that cost nearly a billion dollars. Mike O'Malley is the host and has done a good job the past couple of years.

Most important it means pitchers and catchers are getting closer and soon Boston TV will have live coverage of the van leaving for Ft. Myers ( I'm not kidding, it is a big event )

Fenway
01-13-2006, 06:34 AM
ouch

White Sox GM Kenny Williams, honored by the Boston writers as Major League Executive of the Year, attended the dinner despite only recently recovering from surgery for kidney stones

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2006/01/13/theyll_be_in_position/

and

Of the three-game sweep and pasting the White Sox applied to the Red Sox in the Division Series, Williams believes one turning point stood out among others: the stifling performance out of the bullpen by Orlando Hernandez in Game 3. In the sixth inning, with the Red Sox trailing by a run, bases loaded and no outs, Hernandez induced a pair of pop-ups by Jason Varitek and Tony Graffanino, then got Johnny Damon to strike out on a check swing.
“When I think about that series, I think about El Duque,” said Williams, who also accepted the Manager of the Year Award on behalf of his skipper, Ozzie Guillen.

http://redsox.bostonherald.com/otherMLB/view.bg?articleid=121172&format=text

crazyozzie02
01-13-2006, 05:13 PM

YES!!!!!

This has to be the best qoute ive seen all year!!!:D: