PDA

View Full Version : Graffanino resigns with Red Sox

ondafarm
01-11-2006, 08:25 PM
I guess all is forgiven for the fielding flub in the playoffs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=At7YGieq38Tz06odlnhwWUARvLYF?slug=ap-redsox-graffanino&prov=ap&type=lgns (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=At7YGieq38Tz06odlnhwWUARvLYF?slug=ap-redsox-graffanino&prov=ap&type=lgns)

NonetheLoaiza
01-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Good move for the Red Sox. He contributed a lot to the team when he was acquired.

Surprised Fenway wasn't on top of this first...:tongue:

oeo
01-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Good move for the Red Sox. He contributed a lot to the team when he was acquired.

Surprised Fenway wasn't on top of this first...:tongue:

He also contributed a lot to the Sox as well. :D:

Chisox003
01-11-2006, 09:01 PM
He also contributed a lot to the Sox as well. :D:
In both uniforms :tongue:

Good luck Tony G :gulp:

TommyJohn
01-11-2006, 09:09 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=At7YGieq38Tz06odlnhwWUARvLYF?slug=ap-redsox-graffanino&prov=ap&type=lgns (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=At7YGieq38Tz06odlnhwWUARvLYF?slug=ap-redsox-graffanino&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Only because it happened in 2005. If it had happened in 2004, he would be
hiding out in the Idaho hinterlands with Buckner while the apebleep morons
who drove him there would be bragging about what great, passionate,
loyal "fans" they are.

EDIT: SORRY! For some reason the language filter didn't catch the four
letter part of ape----. It has in the past.

SOXSINCE'70
01-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Can I hear that shill Chris Berman scream "OHHHH NOOOO!!!"
too many times?? Not when Tadahito Iguchi follows it with
a game winning 3 run HR!!:bandance: :bandance:

Ol' No. 2
01-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Why did he resign? They probably would have re-signed him.:wink:

Fenway
01-12-2006, 10:20 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=At7YGieq38Tz06odlnhwWUARvLYF?

If you recall he was given a loud ovation by the fans before Game 3

Berman made the mistake of going on WEEI during the off day and having his head handed to him for even bringing up Buckner.

Used to be you could tune out idiot network announcers and listen on radio to the local guys but with digital cable it is now impossible to synch the signal.

mjharrison72
01-12-2006, 11:05 AM
If you recall he was given a loud ovation by the fans before Game 3

Berman made the mistake of going on WEEI during the off day and having his head handed to him for even bringing up Buckner.

Used to be you could tune out idiot network announcers and listen on radio to the local guys but with digital cable it is now impossible to synch the signal.
And there were a lot of other things that happened that prevented the Red Sox from winning that series. Cough *Clement* cough.

Fenway
01-12-2006, 11:09 AM
And there were a lot of other things that happened that prevented the Red Sox from winning that series. Cough *Clement* cough.

The vast majority of New Englanders know the better team won the ALDS and were happy to see them go on to win the gonfolon.

Minnie Me
01-12-2006, 11:10 AM
I would rather have Willie Harris then a old/slow Tony G. Plus Harris can play OF, steal a base. I love you Willie Harris. I want to bear you children.

ondafarm
01-12-2006, 11:28 AM
The vast majority of New Englanders know the better team won the ALDS and were happy to see them go on to win the gonfolon.

Better teams almost always win series. I'm sure that moment is more of a memory for Graffanino than anybody else associated with the Red Sox. Had the pitcher not given up a gopher ball to Tadahito, nobody would remember it at all, just like Aaron Rowand's baserunning mistakes which cost the White Sox runs but eventually not games.

Chicken Dinner
01-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Can I hear that shill Chris Berman scream "OHHHH NOOOO!!!"
too many times?? Not when Tadahito Iguchi follows it with
a game winning 3 run HR!!:bandance: :bandance:

That was classic. :smile:

Sox-o-matic
01-12-2006, 04:36 PM
I love you Willie Harris. I want to bear you children.

Willie Harris is that you???

ondafarm
01-12-2006, 05:00 PM
I would rather have Willie Harris then a old/slow Tony G. Plus Harris can play OF, steal a base. I love you Willie Harris. I want to bear you children.

Honestly, I'm not enamored of either one. Neither are solid every day type defenders and neither adds much to your offense. Neither can bat lead-off or bat second well. Willie can steal a bit but Graffy is more adaptable in the field.

It's a wash, I don't want either of them.

oeo
01-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Honestly, I'm not enamored of either one. Neither are solid every day type defenders and neither adds much to your offense. Neither can bat lead-off or bat second well. Willie can steal a bit but Graffy is more adaptable in the field.

It's a wash, I don't want either of them.

We used to call him "Crappanino" :tongue: