PDA

View Full Version : Sham-ME*: <teal>Committed to Winning</teal>

cheeses_h_rice
01-11-2006, 05:36 PM
What a jackass (http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/story?id=397710&campaign=rss&source=MLBHeadlines). This is from a story about the Shamster and his agent talking to the Nats about a possible deal.

"At this stage of my career, money is not the priority. There are other things I am taking into account," said Sosa, who has earned over $120 millon in his Major League career. He has said many times that his most pressing goal on the field is to surpass 660 home runs, and he does not exclude the possibility of reaching 700 homers before retiring.

Yep, that's why everyone plays baseball: to accumulate meaningless personal statistics on a 3rd place team.

Keep your eyes on the prize, dude.

Madvora
01-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Sosa would probably move to left field, with Jose Guillen most likely in right field and Ryan Church in center. Complicating matters would be Alfonso Soriano, who the Nats have wanted to move to the outfield, but who has also resisted a change from second base. Washington also signed veteran outfielder Michael Tucker this week.
Looks like they really know what they're doing over there.

Lip Man 1
01-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Well Sammy won't be winning that World Series ring anytime soon.

Lip

Ol' No. 2
01-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Looks like they really know what they're doing over there.Jose Guillen and Shammy in the same OF? They just need Milton Bradley and Manny Ramirez to round things out. Maybe they can hire Jimmy Piersall to coach them all.

LuvSox
01-11-2006, 05:59 PM
Sammy in LF? Remember when you played baseball or softball and you tried to hit to the field with the worst player? It's Left in Washington.

Chisox003
01-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Jose Guillen and Shammy in the same OF? They just need Milton Bradley and Manny Ramirez to round things out. Maybe they can hire Jimmy Piersall to coach them all.
Can you imagine Frank Robinson in the middle of a mess like, hmm, the Nationals current team?

The man must be going insane.

Isn't it bad enough they already have the Soriano fiasco on the table, but now signing this bum?

I also remember something last year about Livan Hernandez wanting to quit baseball, and of course Jose Guillen is a ticking bomb. I'm pretty sure they're still paying (gulp) Vinny Castilla and Christian Guzman rather hefty sums of cash for their stellar play.

It's a shame, too, I really like their uniforms and hats....What a waste

Edit: Gross...I made my 1500th post on this pile of poo. Well there's always 2000, I suppose

ShoelessJoeS
01-11-2006, 06:11 PM
And Scammy's going to contribute how......?

:?:

TheDarkGundam
01-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Wow, $o$a really is an ass.
If there is one good thing the Tribune company has ever done it was running this idiot out of town.

Domeshot17
01-11-2006, 07:09 PM
I also remember something last year about Livan Hernandez wanting to quit baseball
In Livans Defense, he pitched 3/4 of the season with a real bad injury ( im thinking it was a knee problem). Moreover, he was one of tops in the league in IP, so its got to be very frusterating pitching your butt off, hurt, and the team doesnt respond

WSox8404
01-11-2006, 07:22 PM
Wow, $o$a really is an ass.
If there is one good thing the Tribune company has ever done it was running this idiot out of town.

No kidding. Knowing how great the Tribsters run things, it still comes as a shock to me that they got rid of him. I will give them props on that one.

ChiSoxLifer
01-11-2006, 08:12 PM

He knows which steroids to take and can show them how to inject.

SOXSINCE'70
01-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Jose Guillen and Shammy in the same OF? They just need Milton Bradley and Manny Ramirez to round things out. Maybe they can hire Jimmy Piersall to coach them all.

Some might say you could add this guy to your outfield lineup.

:everett:
"Who wants to get an ass whuppin' now??
I said dinosaurs DO NOT EXIST!!":D:

voodoochile
01-12-2006, 01:14 AM

:nandrolone:
"Well I've got connections to the best untraceable steroids and I know how to cork a bat better than anyone ever has. I can cheat and no one believes I actually did it and I've got the best boombox and the largest collection of Salsa ever. Basebol been berry berry good to me and I just want to give back..."

Banix12
01-12-2006, 01:42 AM
No kidding. Knowing how great the Tribsters run things, it still comes as a shock to me that they got rid of him. I will give them props on that one.

Still I thought the tribune smear campaign was a ungrateful thing to do to him considering how much Sammy Sosa and his persona did for that team and the tribune company in general. I don't like Sammy and I think he's a roided-up tool but Sammy Sosa is the single reason why the cubs had to switch to the wristband/drawing system for selling single game tickets in the preseason.

mccoydp
01-12-2006, 07:16 AM
As always, Sham-ME is more concerned about compiling his own personal stats than worrying about the betterment of his team. Memo to Nats: stay away from this guy.

Tragg
01-12-2006, 09:17 AM
Still I thought the tribune smear campaign was a ungrateful thing to do to him considering how much Sammy Sosa and his persona did for that team and the tribune company in general. I don't like Sammy and I think he's a roided-up tool but Sammy Sosa is the single reason why the cubs had to switch to the wristband/drawing system for selling single game tickets in the preseason.

I agree 100%. They milked Sosa for everything they could. They apologized for his blatant cheating (corked bat) and ignored the obvious signs of other issues. As soon as his game declined, not only did they abandon him, they kicked him in the face.

Maximo
01-12-2006, 10:27 AM
If this were to actually happen, it might be interesting to see if "shammy" hits one out against the Cubs and Dusty Baker approaches the umpire asking him to check the bat.

eriqjaffe
01-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Cheeses, you spelled "Whining" wrong in the thread title. :wink:

Chicken Dinner
01-12-2006, 11:51 AM
At least he's staying in the DC area so it will be easy for him to testify.

DieTrying79
01-13-2006, 10:24 PM
At least he's staying in the DC area so it will be easy for him to testify.

Classic! :D:

RadioheadRocks
01-16-2006, 12:43 AM
Hmmmmm... makes me wonder if he needed an interpreter for this article, or did his ability to speak English magically reappear???!!!???!!!

slavko
01-16-2006, 01:52 PM
Last year's mini-Sammy that was pictured in Phil Rogers's slam-column isn't winning anything. Except maybe a Jenny Craig commercial.