PDA

View Full Version : Slim pickens remain for F/A's

Chicken Dinner
01-11-2006, 04:17 PM
Really not much left out there in the free agant market. :smile:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/baseball/mlb/12/14/free.agent.list/index.html

churlish
01-11-2006, 05:17 PM
It seems like someone could take a chance on a reliever, but there is very little in the way of SP or hitters.

Does anyone know where Piazza might be headed? I assume he'll have to be a DH now.

TheVulture
01-11-2006, 07:12 PM
That's right folks, but only fer a contender.
http://images.art.com/images/-/Slim-Pickens--C10104376.jpeg
Yee-haw let's play ball!

Corlose 15
01-11-2006, 08:51 PM
That's right folks, but only fer a contender.
http://images.art.com/images/-/Slim-Pickens--C10104376.jpeg
Yee-haw let's play ball!

Haha, just what I was thinking. The blazing saddles quotes are running through my mind as we speak.

SouthSide_HitMen
01-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Frank Thomas' chances of coming back after May 1st are rising!

Roger Clemens is the only legitimate healthy major free agent left.

Jeff Weaver, Bengie Molina and Mike Piazza looks like the best of the bunch afterwards (AL team can DH and C about 30 - 40 games). Possible chance on Kevin Brown on a small / incentive ladden contract. Millar for a reserve role.

Rumor has it Kenny Williams loves Roberto Alomar.

santo=dorf
01-11-2006, 09:12 PM
off the top of my head.

Matt Mantei-tigers
John Olerud-retired
Fernando Vina-Mariners
Terry Mulholland-Diamondbacks
Eduardo A. Perez-Indians
Todd Hollandsworth-Indians
Shawn Estes-Padres
Dan Wilson-retired
Roberto Alomar-retired
Danny Bautista-retired
Chad Fox-retired
Jim Mecir-retired
Larry Walker-retired
Cal Eldred-retired
Julian Taveraz-Red Sox
Michael Tucker-Washington
Ugueth Urbina- Venezuelan Penal League. :D:

buehrle4cy05
01-11-2006, 10:52 PM
I'm really surprised that nobody has gone after Molina yet.

He's a Molina=great defensive catcher. He can hit a little, he's not going to give you a ton of production, but if we didn't have AJ, I'd like to have him on the team.

Tragg
01-11-2006, 10:53 PM
This was a great year not to need FAs. More great work by the General.

SoxSpeed22
01-11-2006, 11:10 PM
I'm really surprised that nobody has gone after Molina yet.

He's a Molina=great defensive catcher. He can hit a little, he's not going to give you a ton of production, but if we didn't have AJ, I'd like to have him on the team.That surprises me too, any staff could use a guy like him, as long as he can bat 6th or 7th, he'll be good for you. Toronto's trying to get him, but that's all I hear.

kittle42
01-11-2006, 11:33 PM
I hear Jim Bullard is available.

KRS1
01-12-2006, 02:47 AM
The only guy worth taking a shot at left that I'm aware of is Joe Horgan. It's a shame he couldnt stick in the Nats pen last year(I guess thats what a few 4 run innings will do), but he def. has the stuff, able to dial it up to 94 although he prefers to use his cutter(89) and 2-seamer(92) more, that merits at least a NRI. His 21 ERA(only 4 vs. lefties) was a far cry from the promise he showed on 04' with a 3.15 in 40 appearances.

DaleJRFan
01-12-2006, 09:34 AM
The only guy worth taking a shot at left that I'm aware of is Joe Horgan. It's a shame he couldnt stick in the Nats pen last year(I guess thats what a few 4 run innings will do), but he def. has the stuff, able to dial it up to 94 although he prefers to use his cutter(89) and 2-seamer(92) more, that merits at least a NRI. His 21 ERA(only 4 vs. lefties) was a far cry from the promise he showed on 04' with a 3.15 in 40 appearances.

hmm... his '04 numbers look pretty impressive. But righties hit 667 against him last year... ouch. Outside of those 3 bad outings he had (all 1 IP 5 ER each) he had quality appearances in 05. Hey KRS, can you get this guy an NRI??? :redneck

KRS1
01-12-2006, 02:49 PM
hmm... his '04 numbers look pretty impressive. But righties hit 667 against him last year... ouch. Outside of those 3 bad outings he had (all 1 IP 5 ER each) he had quality appearances in 05. Hey KRS, can you get this guy an NRI??? :redneck

I wish, the guy has showed his value as a LOOGY. Considering the other guys we have as of now it certainly couldnt hurt to have him on our squad for ST.