PDA

View Full Version : Big Hurt Update?

Sox35th
01-11-2006, 02:09 PM
Dose anyone have any Info about whats going on with the Big Hurt? Where he may be going in 2006? I really haven't heard anything about him in the last few weeks. The last I heard the Twins and A's were looking at him?

Stoky44
01-11-2006, 02:16 PM
Dose anyone have any Info about whats going on with the Big Hurt? Where he may be going in 2006? I really haven't heard anything about him in the last few weeks. The last I heard the Twins and A's were looking at him?

On mlbtraderumors.com, they said that Frank wants to go to the A's. The site went on to say no other besides the A's teams are interested b/c of Frank's medical history. They said money ball GM might want to get Frank b/c he will be cheap.

EDIT: Talking Baseball?

Rocky Soprano
01-11-2006, 02:25 PM
On mlbtraderumors.com, they said that Frank wants to go to the A's. The site went on to say no other besides the A's teams are interested b/c of Frank's medical history. They said money ball GM might want to get Frank b/c he will be cheap.

What's the Score?

Why in the world would Frank be considered What's the Score?
Talking baseball perhaps.

Flight #24
01-11-2006, 03:06 PM
Frank still has not been cleared to resume baseball activities (Although he is walking without a limp - saw him meandering through the Palms in Vegas over the weekend).

The rumors had been that the A's were interested in him. But that was before trading for Milton Bradley, so their need for O may have lessened, plus starting Frank will require them to play Swisher in the OF, where he's a pretty poor defender.

However, there are some other alternatives such as Piazza, Durazo - and not many slots available around the league for a DH. So the longer Frank takes, the higher the risk that the A's fill their DH either internally or with one of those guys.

kingpin_rcs
01-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Frank still has not been cleared to resume baseball activities (Although he is walking without a limp - saw him meandering through the Palms in Vegas over the weekend).

Just curious, when you saw Frank at the Palms was he just "there" or was he surrounded by an entourage or something. I mean, could you have walked up to him? Did he seem approachable?

I know that if I were ever in a situation where I am in public and my favorite player ever is right there I would feel compelled in some way to at least say hello. Unless there was a very clear feeling that it would be a bad idea.