PDA

View Full Version : SantoDorf SOX pics at UofI are excellent

Hangar18
01-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Just perused the gallery just now, awesome to see how SOX fans took to the streets after the Win. Looked like a mob scene out there! Nice Job.

IlliniSox4Life
01-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Hmm, after seeing those pics, I kinda wish I went to green st. for the celebration. I just ended up staying in my apartment. I had a lot of midterms that week and was exhausted.

SouthsideChi
01-11-2006, 04:44 PM
I know this might seem dumb, but where are the pics at I'd like to look at em

santo=dorf
01-11-2006, 06:13 PM
I know this might seem dumb, but where are the pics at I'd like to look at em

Photo Gallery (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=12)

Thanks Hangar! I would guess the crowd was 1/4 of the crowds after we advanced to the NCAA Championship game last year. I saw a guy get the cuffs for climbing on the street lights, there were a couple of guys in gorilla costumes, and according to the DI, there was a streaker who was wearing one white sock (guess where) but I heard he got caught rather quickly.

When are you going to post your pics from San Diego? :?:

mike squires
01-12-2006, 01:43 AM
Sometimes I wish I had been there as well. I'm a family man now though, so I kind of wanted to be there with my wife when they won it. I think I would have been more pumped and celebratory if I was in a different environment. I AM NOT COMPLAINING!!! Looked like a lot of fun though. Didn't know that many Sox people existed in the area.

peeonwrigley
01-12-2006, 01:51 AM
Thanks Hangar! I would guess the crowd was 1/4 of the crowds after we advanced to the NCAA Championship game last year.

I was staying w/ a friend in St Louis (lucky me got to go to the F4) and remember being amazed seeing the pictures of the mob on Green St after the Louisville game... a friend emailed me some the Sunday between games.

Glad to see the tradition continues for the Sox, alas, I have graduated.

Did anyone else see the video (http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/1621146/)of ISU's celebration? I was speechless when I first saw that one.

DSpivack
01-12-2006, 02:07 AM
I was staying w/ a friend in St Louis (lucky me got to go to the F4) and remember being amazed seeing the pictures of the mob on Green St after the Louisville game... a friend emailed me some the Sunday between games.

Glad to see the tradition continues for the Sox, alas, I have graduated.

Did anyone else see the video (http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/1621146/)of ISU's celebration? I was speechless when I first saw that one.

holy crap! that video is ridiculous. nothing, as far as i can remember/heard, that bad happened in chicago, then again, i doubt 1/10 of that crowd were actually sox fans. oh, how glad i will be to graduate college.

IlliniSox4Life
01-12-2006, 02:07 AM
Sometimes I wish I had been there as well. I'm a family man now though, so I kind of wanted to be there with my wife when they won it. I think I would have been more pumped and celebratory if I was in a different environment. I AM NOT COMPLAINING!!! Looked like a lot of fun though. Didn't know that many Sox people existed in the area.

I was kind of surprised myself at the number of Sox fans in the U of I area this year, but I think I figured it out: Sox fans operate under the radar just like Kenny Williams. Nobody thinks they are out there or doing anything and then all of a sudden they are everywhere and just signed Garland to an extension.

MM2112
01-12-2006, 12:35 PM
I was at UofI during the Fall of 2003 and the amazing thing was that Legends was a Cub-bar and everyone "all of a sudden" was a big fan of the Cubs....my, how the bandwagon fills up!

I remember myself and a another guy in my business class were ridiculed because we didnt root for the Cubs

PicktoCLick72
01-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Yea the celebration at U of I was pretty nuts.

chisoxfanatic
01-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Pffff! ISU, U of I...Can't compare to the celebration here in Chicago's BRIDGEPORT neighborhood! :cool: