PDA

View Full Version : Had an Interesting chat with a Cub player last nite

Hangar18
01-11-2006, 10:35 AM
Really nice guy, very polite. He had very complimentary things to say about White Sox fans, and said that when he first got here, he too was stunned at the "love" his team got from the Chicago Media and how the SOX were ignored. He said that hes good friends with Konerko and Rowand, and that theyve had that discussion time and again. He loved my Trophy and thought that was the coolest thing he ever saw. I decided not to name him, because of what he said about the Chicago Media. Very cool guy.

cheeses_h_rice
01-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Aw, come on man, don't leave me hanging.

(Psst -- you can PM me the name, I won't tell. :wink: )

Jerko
01-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Hangar's journey to the dark side begins........................

munchman33
01-11-2006, 10:49 AM
Really nice guy, very polite. He had very complimentary things to say about White Sox fans, and said that when he first got here, he too was stunned at the "love" his team got from the Chicago Media and how the SOX were ignored. He said that hes good friends with Konerko and Rowand, and that theyve had that discussion time and again. He loved my Trophy and thought that was the coolest thing he ever saw. I decided not to name him, because of what he said about the Chicago Media. Very cool guy.

I'm gonna guess Todd Walker.

Baby Fisk
01-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Anakin! You were the chosen one!

voodoochile
01-11-2006, 10:52 AM
Hangar, Please put ALL of your posts that mention the flubbies in this forum. We are tired of moving them.

Hangar18
01-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Hangar, Please put ALL of your posts that mention the flubbies in this forum. We are tired of moving them.

Gotcha.

Hangar18
01-11-2006, 10:57 AM
I decided not to name him, because of what he said about the Chicago Media. Very cool guy.

I cant emphasize enough ...... how complimentary he was of SOX fans.
He thinks we are pretty hard-core. I told him its too bad he plays for the bad guys ............

patbooyah
01-11-2006, 11:03 AM
:woo-woo
"it was good seeing you, henry! glad you liked my uniform"

just kidding, old friend

DaleJRFan
01-11-2006, 11:05 AM
I cant emphasize enough ...... how complimentary he was of SOX fans.
He thinks we are pretty hard-core. I told him its too bad he plays for the bad guys ............

...wouldn't surprise me if it was Michael Barrett. Every time I hear that guy interviewed he's bashing someone deserving of being bashed, including the "flubsessed" media here in Chicago. He seems like a cool guy and would probably make for agood conversation over a few cold ones.

:gulp:

Jerko
01-11-2006, 11:13 AM
http://www.comickazi.com/images/24-HourComic/picsfrom1gbdisc_498.gif

Hangar 18 and little Darren Baker as "dueling Darths" during "Cub-O-Ween 2006". Says Darren: "I'm glad this Hangar 18 guy came to the dark side, now our Ivy won't be dead after next year's Crosstown Classic".

Unregistered
01-11-2006, 12:08 PM
...he too was stunned at the "love" his team got from the Chicago Media and how the SOX were ignored. He said that hes good friends with Konerko and Rowand, and that theyve had that discussion time and again. I decided not to name him, because of what he said about the Chicago Media. Very cool guy.Yeah, really damning stuff. Better keep that name under your hat or he'd be traded immediately!

I heard that he also mentioned that newspapers were recyclable now, too! :D:

SOXintheBURGH
01-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Yeah, really damning stuff. Better keep that name under your hat or he'd be traded immediately!

I heard that he also mentioned that newspapers were recyclable now, too! :D:

Re-
Cy-
Cling?

Run along now, you adorable little ragamuffin.

Dan Mega
01-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Hangar has been tainted! 40 years down the road, he'll be the next "This Old Cub"!

Tekijawa
01-11-2006, 12:49 PM
I'll give anyone 25 guesses to figure out who Hangar's "Deep Throat" is! :D:

skottyj242
01-11-2006, 12:52 PM
Do you go anywhere without that trophy Hangar?

Palehose13
01-11-2006, 01:03 PM

How dare you think that a member of that minor league ballclub on the northside is a cool guy! You MUST despise all things cub or you are not a true Sox fan!

You're not going to name him because of what he said about the Chicago media? :rolleyes: Never thought that you would go to the mat for a cub player.

skottyj242
01-11-2006, 01:06 PM
How dare you think that a member of that minor league ballclub on the northside is a cool guy! You MUST despise all things cub or you are not a true Sox fan!

You're not going to name him because of what he said about the Chicago media? :rolleyes: Never thought that you would go to the mat for a cub player.

Of course this is coming from the same girl who said she would trade D. Lee for Paulie in a heartbeat. How dare you look at stats?

kittle42
01-11-2006, 02:31 PM

Yeah, it seems a bit ridiculous to me, too.

Palehose13
01-11-2006, 02:40 PM
Of course this is coming from the same girl who said she would trade D. Lee for Paulie in a heartbeat. How dare you look at stats?

It's not that I don't like Paulie(I am a reformed Konerko hater), but c'mon... :wink:

downstairs
01-11-2006, 03:03 PM
Who are these "Cubs" everyone talks about on here?

Minor league team?

Palehose13
01-11-2006, 03:10 PM

Minor league team?

Nice. :cool:

Chicken Dinner
01-11-2006, 03:12 PM
Did he teach you how to woooo??

Hangar18
01-11-2006, 03:15 PM

Minor league team?

:roflmao:

Tekijawa
01-11-2006, 03:17 PM
What's up with all the Hangar Haters lately? The guy has been nothing but nice to me the few times I have met him.

jdm2662
01-11-2006, 03:17 PM
The Cubs??:dunno: Are they a team of some kind?

Palehose13
01-11-2006, 03:21 PM
What's up with all the Hangar Haters lately? The guy has been nothing but nice to me the few times I have met him.

I like Henry a lot. He's a great guy. I have had good times with him in the past and look forward to more good times in the future. I just wish he would use his energy towards good and stop focusing on evil. :wink:

patbooyah
01-11-2006, 03:21 PM

i will tease Henry, but he is absolutely the nicest person i have met from this site (granted, i haven't met most of you). I am a huge fan of his.

DumpJerry
01-11-2006, 03:22 PM
So, I see Scammy is back in town for this weekend's Cubfest and is trying to save his nice-guy image. Henry, I hope he did not hit you with a rum bottle.

santo=dorf
01-11-2006, 03:22 PM

Hangar18 is a good guy, but I hate these cliffhangar threads. Come on Hangar, spill the beans.

http://www.doheth.co.uk/profiles/skinner.gif
"Michael M. Wait, that's too obvious. M. Barrett."

Palehose13
01-11-2006, 03:26 PM
Hangar18 is a good guy, but I hate these cliffhangar threads. Come on Hangar, spill the beans.

http://www.doheth.co.uk/profiles/skinner.gif
"Michael M. Wait, that's too obvious. M. Barrett."

If it is Michael Barrett will you do me a favor Henry and tell him to get some sun or something. He's too damn pasty-looking to be playing in the sun all day. :D:

DumpJerry
01-11-2006, 03:29 PM
If it is Michael Barrett will you do me a favor Henry and tell him to get some sun or something. He's too damn pasty-looking to be playing in the sun all day. :D:
Barrett makes sense. His cousin is none other than Scott Fletcher.

Unregistered
01-11-2006, 03:42 PM
What's up with all the Hangar Haters lately? The guy has been nothing but nice to me the few times I have met him.Who's hating? WSI loves it's Resident Conspiracy Theorist! :D:

A_ROW33
01-11-2006, 03:51 PM
My guess would be Jerry Hairston Jr. Local guy who played in AL several years, thus easily could have made friends with Konerko and Rowand.

Corlose 15
01-11-2006, 08:57 PM

Once you start down the dark path forever will it dominate your destiny.:smile:

Anyways, Hairston Jr. seems like a logical choice since his Dad and Grandpa both played for the Sox.

santo=dorf
01-11-2006, 09:00 PM
My guess would be Jerry Hairston Jr. Local guy who played in AL several years, thus easily could have made friends with Konerko and Rowand.

If it was him I'm sure Hangar would've mention that this Cub player is also a SOX fan.

A_ROW33
01-11-2006, 09:50 PM
"and said that when he first got here, he too was stunned at the "love" his team got from the Chicago Media and how the SOX were ignored"

Kinda rules out my thought, Hairston wouldn't be stunned.

Palehose13
01-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Doesn't look like it's Barrett based on the other thread in this forum.

TDog
01-11-2006, 11:10 PM

That was my initial guess.

TornLabrum
01-11-2006, 11:22 PM
i will tease Henry, but he is absolutely the nicest person i have met from this site (granted, i haven't met most of you). I am a huge fan of his.
Okay, what did Henry do to get you to give him this endorsement, let you wear his tinfoil helmet?

Seriously, I've met Henry on several occasions, and he is a good guy. Funny, too.

munchman33
01-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Seriously, I've met Henry on several occasions, and he is a good guy. Funny, too.

I think this is getting dangerously close to a Hangar18 appreciation thread.

TomBradley72
01-12-2006, 07:21 AM

:kneeslap:

White Sox Randy
01-12-2006, 10:19 AM
I guess Bob Howry...

ChiSoxGirl
01-12-2006, 10:34 AM
I guess Bob Howry...

I'm thinkin' no. In the thread that was started when he signed on the north side, there was a quote in there that had Howry taking shots at our organization, fans, etc. left & right.

skottyj242
01-12-2006, 11:24 AM

He's a very good snuggler too.

34 Inch Stick
01-12-2006, 11:26 AM
Did you get digits Hangar?

White Sox Randy
01-12-2006, 11:37 AM
I'm thinkin' no. In the thread that was started when he signed on the north side, there was a quote in there that had Howry taking shots at our organization, fans, etc. left & right.

I guess one really does need to use teal. :D: