PDA

View Full Version : Podsednik and Dye: Offseason Surgery?

Sargeant79
01-11-2006, 09:55 AM
As I was driving to work this morning, I heard Bruce Levine on ESPN 100 report that Pods and Dye have both had offseason surgery. I wasn't able to catch what type though because I was honking at someone who cut me off on Canal St. at that moment. Anyone know anything about this? It was the first I've heard of it. I did hear him say that both are expected to be 100% by February 1st.

mandmandm
01-11-2006, 10:16 AM
Hernia for both. Should be ready for spring training. Anderson also had some sort of plate removed. The way J. Hood hyped up the story I thought the starting six had their arms fall off. All should be well to defend the title!

MsSoxVixen22
01-11-2006, 10:26 AM
I hope Pods and Dye make a speedy recovery!

Randar68
01-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Hernia for both.

Sports Hernia would make a lot of sense considering Pods' sudden drop-off last season.

Should be back to his thrifty ways again!

RichFitztightly
01-11-2006, 01:09 PM
Sports Hernia would make a lot of sense considering Pods' sudden drop-off last season.

Should be back to his thrifty ways again!

What the hell is a Sports Hernia anyways? I've never heard that term used before this year.

SoxSpeed22
01-11-2006, 01:18 PM
What the hell is a Sports Hernia anyways? I've never heard that term used before this year.It's related to a groin injury. The adductor injury that Pods had might have been this, they should both be fine by March.
Here's a page I found on it. Link (http://www.physsportsmed.com/issues/1998/01jan/batt.htm)

Huisj
01-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Maybe Dye got his from trying to lift the WS trophy and the MVP trophy up in the air too often.

jdm2662
01-11-2006, 01:31 PM
The way JHood sounded, it sounded like Mark's arm feel off shoveling the snow or something. This shouldn't be an issue.

RichFitztightly
01-11-2006, 01:31 PM
It's related to a groin injury. The adductor injury that Pods had might have been this, they should both be fine by March.
Here's a page I found on it. Link (http://www.physsportsmed.com/issues/1998/01jan/batt.htm)

Thanks man, I've asked a few nurses, and nobody has been able to tell me what it involved.

Randar68
01-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Thanks man, I've asked a few nurses, and nobody has been able to tell me what it involved.

Illinois' Luther Head was plagued by it until surgery before his break-out senior season. The name for it has only become popular in the last 3 years or so.

I've heard that is correlated to people who train heavily but lack some core strength. Not sure if that's true or not, though.

thomas35forever
01-11-2006, 02:29 PM
I'm kind of surprised by this. Shouldn't Crede and Hermanson undergo surgery for the back problems they've been having?

rocky biddle
01-11-2006, 02:33 PM
Surgery isn't always the answer for a herniated disc. Take it from me, I've had two surgeries and they've only managed to make me worse. The fact that Joe and Dustin haven't required suregery yet is a very good sign.

KRS1
01-11-2006, 03:02 PM
Surgery isn't always the answer for a herniated disc. Take it from me, I've had two surgeries and they've only managed to make me worse. The fact that Joe and Dustin haven't required suregery yet is a very good sign.

Just a Hernia, not herniated disks. The adductor is not related to sports hernia, I tore mine my soph. season in high school, causing me to miss the whole season. The adductor is the muscle that runs from just above the back of your knee to the top of your buttocks(it is the primary muscle used in scissoring your legs). Sports hernia is more related to your groin and where it meets your lower abs.

Randar68
01-11-2006, 04:13 PM
Just a Hernia, not herniated disks. The adductor is not related to sports hernia, I tore mine my soph. season in high school, causing me to miss the whole season. The adductor is the muscle that runs from just above the back of your knee to the top of your buttocks(it is the primary muscle used in scissoring your legs). Sports hernia is more related to your groin and where it meets your lower abs.

LOL! He was talking in reference to Crede and Hermanson, who have both had disc problems in their backs this past season.

Most people who have never had a back injury realize how weak their backs really are. Need to train and rehab to protect the area. For some, that is all it takes...