PDA

View Full Version : Buehrle and Podsednik at Oprah taping

BainesHOF
01-10-2006, 02:38 PM
I heard they were on the show taped Monday. Don't know anything more than that.

Unregistered
01-10-2006, 02:42 PM
http://www.nalsofmichigan.org/images/Special%20Request%20-%20Great%20News.jpg

Madvora
01-10-2006, 02:52 PM
I looked at the upcoming episodes this week and Wednesday is about a 2 headed miracle baby. Thursday is about JFK Jr's death and Friday is about a child rapist.

I'm going to have to assume it wasn't because of one of these episodes.

MsSoxVixen22
01-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Buehrle AND Pods!! I wish I didn't have to work so damn early so I could've watched. :(: I normally don't watch Oprah.

Madvora
01-10-2006, 02:57 PM
Buehrle AND Pods!! I wish I didn't have to work so damn early so I could've watched. :(: I normally don't watch Oprah.
No, it just means that they were at the taping. We trying to figure out when the actual show will air.

Dolly
01-10-2006, 03:28 PM
No, it just means that they were at the taping. We trying to figure out when the actual show will air.I have "White Sox" on my Tivo wish list.... hopefully it will pick it up....

Stoky44
01-10-2006, 03:33 PM
My girlfriend got 2 tickets to the taping of today's show yesterday. We both are big Sox fans. She asked me to go today, but you don't know who the guests are until you show up. I was like I don't like Oprah and I am not going. She went on to say, "I know, I bet the only way you would go is if Michael Jordan or the White Sox were there." I figured Jordan was just on, and the Sox already had their show. I can confirm they both were there today.

SEE MY LATER POST, I GIVE A SUMMARY OF WHAT THE GUYS DID AT THE SHOW AND WHY THEY WERE THERE!!

ilsox7
01-10-2006, 03:36 PM
Pretty sure Oprah airs her shows live each morning to the Chicago audience and then it goes into synidication later in the day for other markets. So, in theory, the show has already aired in Chicago.

Paxson93
01-10-2006, 03:39 PM
Pretty sure Oprah airs her shows live each morning to the Chicago audience and then it goes into synidication later in the day for other markets. So, in theory, the show has already aired in Chicago.

No, not the case. Shows can take a month to air after the taping. Same shows air in Chicago as everywhere else.

Dolly
01-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Buehrle AND Pods!! I wish I didn't have to work so damn early so I could've watched. :(: I normally don't watch Oprah.Don't they still replay the same show from the morning at 11pm or something?

Madvora
01-10-2006, 03:42 PM
I don't think that's right. Her show on Monday was actually about Jay Leno and doing some kids charity thing. The never do these shows live. Usually they tape 2 a day, back to back.

Stoky44
01-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Both players were there, my girlfriend went to the taping!

jenmcm76
01-10-2006, 04:01 PM
Both players were there, my girlfriend went to the taping!

Can you ask her what the topic was, or when the show will air? Usually shows that tape in advance will tell the audience when it will air (though I don't know about the Oprah show specifically).

Rocky Soprano
01-10-2006, 04:06 PM
I thought Oprah was a women only taping?

MsSoxVixen22
01-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Where Buehrle and Pods in town just for the taping?? I didn't think they lived here.

Hangar18
01-10-2006, 04:19 PM
The Show had nothing to do with them ...........
they simply were there to Watch the taping

Fake Chet Lemon
01-10-2006, 04:30 PM

Really? Wow, you would think they had something better to do than that! Nice shout out to L. Rawls by the way.

Stoky44
01-10-2006, 10:22 PM

Wrong!

The show was a check up on past guests of the show. This one guy sold his world series tickets, and went south to help with the huricane. MB's wife saw the Oprah show about the guy and she told her husband, MB. They brought the guy back to the show today, and MB & wife and Pods came out and gave him gifts, which included a uni, season tickets, and an invite to throw 1st pitch at opening night. No official word when the show will air, check the website. My girlfriend said all the women were screaming at Pods, saying stuff like he's so hot. Guys can go to the tapings, my gf said about 10 guys out of 300. I had a chance to go with the gf, but you don't know what the topic is about until you show up. Most of the time sox players don't show up, so I figured I was safe not going. Plus I am not an Oprah fan. My gf said before the show started she saw MB and Pods standing behind this curtain, and she knew instantly who they were and was so excited. To bad I missed it, but I guess the guys were only part of the show because it was a past guest revisted show.

buehrle4cy05
01-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Brian: "You're reading that book because Oprah told you to."
Stewie: "No I'm not."
Brian: "So what are you reading next?"
Stewie: "Well, Oprah hasn't told- DAMN!"

1951Campbell
01-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Clearly, Oprah has recruited MB and Pods to further her secret war against Dave Chappelle. :D:

BeviBall!
01-10-2006, 10:46 PM
If Jesus played CF for the Sox, and was on Oprah, I still wouldn't watch.

1951Campbell
01-10-2006, 10:48 PM
If Jesus played CF for the Sox, and was on Oprah, I still wouldn't watch.

I thought Jesus played CF for the Red Sox.

Palehose13
01-10-2006, 10:50 PM
I thought Jesus played CF for the Red Sox.

Nah, he's a Yankee now. :cool:

1951Campbell
01-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Nah, he's a Yankee now. :cool:

http://www.doggerel.com/donnah/duanechapelhill571.jpg

Jesus, Damon, Duane Allman...it's hard to keep 'em all straight.

Frankfan4life
01-10-2006, 11:25 PM
If Jesus played CF for the Sox, and was on Oprah, I still wouldn't watch.What's up with the hatred for Oprah? She may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I have to give her credit for putting the White Sox on her show. Also, she could be a fan. Regardless, any positive pub the Sox get is welcome in my book.

And, please everyone, lighten up on the religious references. Sometimes they can be offensive. Thanks.

Palehose13
01-10-2006, 11:50 PM
What's up with the hatred for Oprah? She may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I have to give her credit for putting the White Sox on her show. Also, she could be a fan. Regardless, any positive pub the Sox get is welcome in my book.

And, please everyone, lighten up on the religious references. Sometimes they can be offensive. Thanks.

For some reason, most men have a problem with Oprah. In regards to the Jesus references, I don't see how they could be offensive but sorry if they offended.

soxfanreggie
01-11-2006, 12:29 AM
I"d watch the Sox on pretty much every show, but Oprah isn't one of them. Of course I'd want to watch if a Sox player was on The View.

Palehose13
01-11-2006, 12:31 AM
I"d watch the Sox on pretty much every show, but Opera isn't one of them. Of course I'd want to watch if a Sox player was on The View.

Which Sox player sings Opera? :tongue:

BeviBall!
01-11-2006, 07:36 AM
For some reason, most men have a problem with Oprah.

I'll play. It's not that she has way too much power and influence, it's that she's the worst interviewer this side of Geraldo. I know some people that work for Harpo and they claim she's the ultimate boss... so she seems to have some redeeming qualities.

To put it simply, I could care less about the mindless celebrities she ushers on there... there was a time when she tackled meaningful issues like drug abuse and teenage gangs. Now, it's all fluff and how she can push her book sales.

SOXintheBURGH
01-11-2006, 08:22 AM
Clearly, Oprah has recruited MB and Pods to further her secret war against Dave Chappelle. :D:

Oh no.. I forgot all about that.

:cheers: :rolling:

MsSoxVixen22
01-11-2006, 09:30 AM
I told my Mom (since she's home all the time) to keep any eye out for when they have that episode on. I personally have nothing against Oprah and if I was there when they brought out Pods and Buehrle I would've gone nuts too! :tongue:

manders_01
01-11-2006, 09:34 AM
MB's wife

Girly question...when did Mark get married?

TheOldRoman
01-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Girly question...when did Mark get married?
This offseason.

Martinigirl
01-11-2006, 10:05 AM
I just saw a commercial that said that the new episodes of Oprah start next week, so no one has to bother watching the rest of this week.

chisoxfan83
01-11-2006, 10:12 AM
they stopped in the Bloomingdales home goods store near espn zone to ask for directions my dads an engineer there and all the employees were telling him about it

soxfanreggie
01-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Which Sox player sings Opera? :tongue:

I've heard Juan Uribe dabbles in the art of Opera...they wanted to make him a 4th tenor, but he didn't want to add a few hundred pounds to his fram.

Palehose13
01-11-2006, 12:54 PM
I'll play. It's not that she has way too much power and influence, it's that she's the worst interviewer this side of Geraldo. I know some people that work for Harpo and they claim she's the ultimate boss... so she seems to have some redeeming qualities.

To put it simply, I could care less about the mindless celebrities she ushers on there... there was a time when she tackled meaningful issues like drug abuse and teenage gangs. Now, it's all fluff and how she can push her book sales.

I wasn't trying to get anyone to "play".

BTW...she doesn't usher out celebrities every show (but if she did, how would that make her different than any of the late shows?). She still does tackle issues. I don't watch all the time, but I would imagine that I watch more than you (considering how much you dislike her show) and I have to say that you are wrong about it being all "fluff and celebrities". She does do that about once a week and I don't watch those shows. However, she has recently launched (and helped to catch) wanted child molesters and has helped significantly with the Katrina victims.

Look, most men don't like her show and that is fine. It is geared towards women anyway. Many women find her as an inspiration and IMO rightfully so. I just don't get why guys have to go out of their way to bash her. There are plenty of shows out there geared towards men that women find ridiculous, but I don't think we make fun of these shows like some guys make fun of "chick shows". So I guess, if you don't like the show fine. Don't watch it. But, IMO, there is no need to bash her whenever you can. [/rant]

Cat Thief
01-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Turns out I used to work with this guy. He is an accountant. It is supposed to air next Mon or Tue.

MsSoxVixen22
01-11-2006, 01:16 PM
I wasn't trying to get anyone to "play".

BTW...she doesn't usher out celebrities every show (but if she did, how would that make her different than any of the late shows?). She still does tackle issues. I don't watch all the time, but I would imagine that I watch more than you (considering how much you dislike her show) and I have to say that you are wrong about it being all "fluff and celebrities". She does do that about once a week and I don't watch those shows. However, she has recently launched (and helped to catch) wanted child molesters and has helped significantly with the Katrina victims.

Look, most men don't like her show and that is fine. It is geared towards women anyway. Many women find her as an inspiration and IMO rightfully so. I just don't get why guys have to go out of their way to bash her. There are plenty of shows out there geared towards men that women find ridiculous, but I don't think we make fun of these shows like some guys make fun of "chick shows". So I guess, if you don't like the show fine. Don't watch it. But, IMO, there is no need to bash her whenever you can. [/rant]

:worship: PH13. VERY well put!