PDA

View Full Version : Ticketmaster Rumor

Sox35th
01-10-2006, 01:23 PM
Rumor has it………

That “Ticketmaster” for the 2006 season will be running a “Premium Ticket Service” just like the Cubs.

What’s the plan: Ticketmaster will buy tickets from the Sox and then turn around and sell them with a huge markup (Example: buy a $32.00 seat in the 100 level or a 500 level seat and sell it for $75.00 or more). By law Ticketmaster can do this just like the Cubs. What’s bad about this is the fact that I am sure and we all know Ticketmaster will have first crack at all unsold tickets that the Sox have. This really doesn’t affect the average season ticket holders, but the fans that don’t have season tickets and are looking for goods seat or playoff tixs.

Like I said this is just a rumor and I don’t know all the details…..But from what I have heard this will be their plan for big games/good seats in 2006 (Red Sox, Yankees, Cards, weekend games and playoff games) I am not sure if this service will run under the Ticketmaster name or will be called something else like “Premium Ticket Service”, but Ticketmaster will be the ones running it. Also, you know there will be the $10 service charge and the $3 fee for processing. :angry:

salty99
01-10-2006, 01:30 PM
I don't think this belongs here.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-10-2006, 01:32 PM
And I don't think that's legal. Although scalping was recently legalized in Illinois, but this is worse than scalping.

dllrbll7
01-10-2006, 01:41 PM
Rumor has it………

That “Ticketmaster” for the 2006 season will be running a “Premium Ticket Service” just like the Cubs.

What’s the plan: Ticketmaster will buy tickets from the Sox and then turn around and sell them with a huge markup (Example: buy a $32.00 seat in the 100 level or a 500 level seat and sell it for $75.00 or more). By law Ticketmaster can do this just like the Cubs. What’s bad about this is the fact that I am sure and we all know Ticketmaster will have first crack at all unsold tickets that the Sox have. This really doesn’t affect the average season ticket holders, but the fans that don’t have season tickets and are looking for goods seat or playoff tixs.

Like I said this is just a rumor and I don’t know all the details…..But from what I have heard this will be their plan for big games/good seats in 2006 (Red Sox, Yankees, Cards, weekend games and playoff games) I am not sure if this service will run under the Ticketmaster name or will be called something else like “Premium Ticket Service”, but Ticketmaster will be the ones running it. Also, you know there will be the $10 service charge and the $3 fee for processing. :angry:

You sure your not talking about the Sox ticket exchange, where season ticket holders can sell there tickets at large markups??

Iwritecode
01-10-2006, 01:42 PM
And I don't think that's legal. Although scalping was recently legalized in Illinois, but this is worse than scalping.

Ticket brokers scalp tickets all the time. They just have a license that makes it legal for them to do it.

IIRC, scalping in Illinois was only legalized on auction-like internet sites. You can't just stand in front of the stadium offering upper deck tickets for $75...

patbooyah
01-10-2006, 01:57 PM
You sure your not talking about the Sox ticket exchange, where season ticket holders can sell there tickets at large markups??

yeah, i'm pretty sure you're talking about the white sox ticket exchange.

Scotty347
01-10-2006, 01:57 PM
Rumor has it………

Some people believe everything they hear. :rolleyes:

Talk about a conflict of interest.

Palehose13
01-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Looks like you got this wrong. Season ticket holders can re-sell theri tickets on the White Sox ticket exchange for a mark up. The Sox aren't selling the tickets themsleves. I also believe that other MLB organizations do the same. It's a little different than the cubs scalping their own tickets. :wink:

patbooyah
01-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Looks like you got this wrong. Season ticket holders can re-sell theri tickets on the White Sox ticket exchange for a mark up. The Sox aren't selling the tickets themsleves. I also believe that other MLB organizations do the same. It's a little different than the cubs scalping their own tickets. :wink:

it's actually a great service, because sometimes you can get really great seats for really great prices last minute.

Ol' No. 2
01-10-2006, 02:14 PM
Why do people feel compelled to repeat stuff they heard from someone who overheard it waiting in line at 7-11?

spiffie
01-10-2006, 02:18 PM
My cousin Tony was at baggage claim when he heard Kenny Williams on his phone saying "Ticketmaster! 5 Times the face value! Jerry loves it! He thinks they'll cell, I mean sell."

RichFitztightly
01-10-2006, 02:46 PM
My cousin Tony was at baggage claim when he heard Kenny Williams on his phone saying "Ticketmaster! 5 Times the face value! Jerry loves it! He thinks they'll cell, I mean sell."

What makes that quote funny is that Kenny has to repeat himself because he used the wrong homonym. It's as if the listener could hear he meant to say "sell" as opposed to "cell."

HotelWhiteSox
01-10-2006, 02:48 PM
I'm guessing he means the season ticket thing, but it could also be that auction program, which I hate, but of which all teams seem to use now

Tekijawa
01-10-2006, 02:51 PM
My cousin Tony was at baggage claim that smelled of rich mahogany and was surrounded by many leather bound books when he heard Kenny Williams on his phone saying "Ticketmaster! 5 Times the face value! Jerry loves it! He thinks they'll cell, I mean sell."

I edited it for you! :D:

buehrle4cy05
01-10-2006, 04:01 PM
My cousin Tony was at baggage claim that smelled of rich mahogany and was surrounded by many leather bound books when he heard Kenny Williams on his phone saying "Ticketmaster! 5 Times the face value! Jerry loves it! He thinks they'll cell, I mean sell."

I edited it for you! :D:

:rolling:

itsnotrequired
01-11-2006, 12:10 AM
IIRC, scalping in Illinois was only legalized on auction-like internet sites. You can't just stand in front of the stadium offering upper deck tickets for $75...

That is my understanding as well...