PDA

View Full Version : Huge Sale at mlb.com

doublem23
01-10-2006, 07:55 AM
For those of you, like me, waiting for prices to drop on some of the World Series merchandise, now is your time. MLB.com is having their winter clearance sale. Most everything looks to be up and available now, in most sizes, but not for too much longer, I'm sure.

http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=1840212&cp=1503844

Got my order in. Should arrive just in time for next year's post-season. :rolleyes:

seanpmurphy
01-10-2006, 07:58 AM
Got my order in. Should arrive just in time for next year's post-season. :rolleyes:

That is with the expedited shipping too right?

champagne030
01-10-2006, 08:07 AM
For those of you, like me, waiting for prices to drop on some of the World Series merchandise, now is your time. MLB.com is having their winter clearance sale. Most everything looks to be up and available now, in most sizes, but not for too much longer, I'm sure.

http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=1840212&cp=1503844

Anyone know of any discount codes?

MarySwiss
01-10-2006, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the heads-up. I'm ordering now.

BTW, Warning, that scoop shirt on the last page is a Cubs item. Hard to tell, but if you blow it up, you'll see.

MarySwiss
01-10-2006, 08:37 AM
Anyone know of any discount codes?

I Googled, but all I could find was the free shipping on $99+ deal, and I think you get that anyway.

Paxson93
01-10-2006, 08:58 AM
Somewhat OT, but does anyone know where to find the gray Nike hooded World Series sweatshirt? It has a circle in the center with pinwheels above it? I have looked for it all over and can't find it. Now I'm kicking myself for not buying it at the time....

Bobby Thigpen
01-10-2006, 09:14 AM
does anyone know where to find the gray Nike hooded World Series sweatshirt?

On my bedroom floor.

HA!! I kill me.

SouthSide_HitMen
01-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Based on all the complaints of shoddy merchandise / shipping from mlb.com website purchases by posters on this board, I am waiting for the 2006 (or beyond) garage sale at the park.

Martinigirl
01-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Somewhat OT, but does anyone know where to find the gray Nike hooded World Series sweatshirt? It has a circle in the center with pinwheels above it? I have looked for it all over and can't find it. Now I'm kicking myself for not buying it at the time....

I bought one for my nephew at Grandstand. They also have the same logo on women's t-shirts as well.

HomeFish
01-10-2006, 10:50 AM
This is a fine shirt, and only $7.99

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-2353383dt.jpg

Qdiddy
01-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Thanks for looking out on the sale @ MLB.com

I just order some stuff from there and it give me a THANK YOU code for 15%off my next order. So, feel free to try that. I actually found that code and used it on my first order and it work. Try it out...

Later,

"Q"

Palehose13
01-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Based on all the complaints of shoddy merchandise / shipping from mlb.com website purchases by posters on this board, I am waiting for the 2006 (or beyond) garage sale at the park.

I didn't have any problems with my merchandise. A lot of the shirts are under $10...it's not much of a risk. I stocked up a few days ago. :cool:

SouthSide_HitMen
01-10-2006, 11:00 AM
I didn't have any problems with my merchandise. A lot of the shirts are under $10...it's not much of a risk. I stocked up a few days ago. :cool:

I was referring to this thread with some unhappy shoppers.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62287&highlight=mlb.com

Palehose13
01-10-2006, 11:11 AM
I was referring to this thread with some unhappy shoppers.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62287&highlight=mlb.com

I know what you were talking about. I'm telling you that I haven't had any problem with any of the merchandise that I bought in the past. Besides, if you get a T-shirt for $10 and it falls apart in a year I don't think that you took too much of a risk. :wink:

Max Power
01-10-2006, 11:23 AM

I'm looking for that one too.

twinsuck1
01-10-2006, 11:25 AM

Yes, that looks good. Is it a heat transfer shirt or silk screened? Those heat transfer shirts fall apart after the second or third wash.

SouthSide_HitMen
01-10-2006, 11:47 AM
I know what you were talking about. I'm telling you that I haven't had any problem with any of the merchandise that I bought in the past. Besides, if you get a T-shirt for $10 and it falls apart in a year I don't think that you took too much of a risk. :wink:

You are not factoring the physical and monetary cost of increased blood pressure, the loss of hair (falling or pulled out) and other health issues assorted with orders placed on MLB.com. :tongue:

I had problems in the past with their merchandise so I only buy from the White Sox or local vendors.

I do order my Audio / MLB.TV subscriptions on their site since I won't buy cable TV and have had no problems with their service in this area.

Besides I like going to the garage sale - some things are overpriced (well at least for my budget such as $500 jerseys) but other items are great bargins.

I hope MLB's shop rectified their shipping and merchandise issues as I know many White Sox fans both on and off our board are snapping up items as they are doing at physical locations throughout Chicago (including the Northwest Side!).

Palehose13
01-10-2006, 11:53 AM
You are not factoring the physical and monetary cost of increased blood pressure, the loss of hair (falling or pulled out) and other health issues assorted with orders placed on MLB.com. :tongue:

I had problems in the past with their merchandise so I only buy from the White Sox or local vendors.

I do order my Audio / MLB.TV subscriptions on their site since I won't buy cable TV and have had no problems with their service in this area.

Besides I like going to the garage sale - some things are overpriced (well at least for my budget such as $500 jerseys) but other items are great bargins.

I hope MLB's shop rectified their shipping and merchandise issues as I know many White Sox fans both on and off our board are snapping up items as they are doing at physical locations throughout Chicago (including the Northwest Side!).

Ah yes, sorry for forgetting about mental anguish. I have a hard time getting Sox stuff here, so unless I make a special trip mlb.com is one of my few options. I also love the garage sale. Saving up for that!!!

Paxson93
01-10-2006, 12:10 PM
Well if anyone's thinking about getting the Sox dartboard-- don't! It's a piece of junk and takes about a century and a half to get delivered.

mbenes5
01-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Coupon Code MLBHOLIDAY20 gets you 20% your total order.

goofymsfan
01-10-2006, 01:40 PM
The World Series bear I wanted is already sold out! :whiner: Oh well, that's what I get for waiting until I get home to order.

MrRoboto83
01-11-2006, 01:05 AM
Coupon Code MLBHOLIDAY20 gets you 20% your total order.

worked great, thanks!! I got 4 t-shirts for $35

Cuck the Fubs
01-11-2006, 01:15 AM
So far I've had good luck with MLB.com....

That being said I have now doomed myself to failure!:redneck

soxwon
01-11-2006, 07:09 AM
that fenq shui jacket looks so gawdy.uggg

Palehose13
01-11-2006, 03:37 PM
FYI...I ordered 5 shirts and 2 DVD's Monday afternoon. I just got the complete order in the mail and in good condition.

MarySwiss
01-11-2006, 03:43 PM
FYI...I ordered 5 shirts and 2 DVD's Monday afternoon. I just got the complete order in the mail and in good condition.

Wow, fast! Did you pay for the expedited shipping, or was that standard ground?

Palehose13
01-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Wow, fast! Did you pay for the expedited shipping, or was that standard ground?

Standard

*edit: I'm trying to watch the Sox Pride DVD for the first time, but I am afraid that I am going to have to stop. I'm getting all choked up and that is not good for my throat.

MarySwiss
01-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Standard

Cool! I guess mine should get here any minute. Thanks, PH!

DaBears
01-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Standard

*edit: I'm trying to watch the Sox Pride DVD for the first time, but I am afraid that I am going to have to stop. I'm getting all choked up and that is not good for my throat.

Let it be, let it be...its okay to cry, we all have after watching these two amazing movies about this dreamy season!:redface: :D:

Palehose13
01-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Let it be, let it be...its okay to cry, we all have after watching these two amazing movies about this dreamy season!:redface: :D:

Oh I'm not embarrassed about crying because of the DVD's. The problem is that I just had my adenoids removed on Friday and my throat is sore as hell. I'm not allowed to eat anything solid, blow my nose, and I'm not supposed to cough very hard...so I think getting all worked up watching the DVD may not be in my best interests. I'll wait until I am fully healed. :wink:

MarySwiss
01-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Oh I'm not embarrassed about crying because of the DVD's. The problem is that I just had my adenoids removed on Friday and my throat is sore as hell. I'm not allowed to eat anything solid, blow my nose, and I'm not supposed to cough very hard...so I think getting all worked up watching the DVD may not be in my best interests. I'll wait until I am fully healed. :wink:

I know what you mean. I cannot watch the WS DVD, Sox Pride DVD, or my tape of the parade without blubbering like an idiot. But I would suggest you have a trusted friend take custody of your DVD until it's safe for you to watch it.

Meanwhile, you might want to break out your copy of the SUper Bowl Shuffle video, if you have one. That one will merely make you smile! :smile:

SOXintheBURGH
01-11-2006, 05:44 PM
Well...

I just spent an unruly amount of money on shirts and DVDs.

God I'm dumb.

INSox56
01-11-2006, 06:48 PM
I second the shipment thumbs ups. I've got a friend who's had HORRIBLE times with them like many others. My order was placed monday and they shipped today. *shrug*

DieTrying79
01-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Just got ALOT of nice stuff for 60 bucks, including shipping. The code MLBHOLIDAY20 worked out very nicely, thanks for posting!

One of the items I got was the Sox Pride DVD. Will someone pass the tissues, please?! :whiner: :smile: :D:

Palehose13
01-11-2006, 09:55 PM
Just got ALOT of nice stuff for 60 bucks, including shipping. The code MLBHOLIDAY20 worked out very nicely, thanks for posting!

One of the items I got was the Sox Pride DVD. Will someone pass the tissues, please?! :whiner: :smile: :D:

Yep...had to stop watching Sox Pride. I'll watch it when I know that I'm healed and my throat won't start spontaneously bleeding.

Did ya' like the visual? I can give more. :cool:

goofymsfan
01-13-2006, 02:23 PM

Did anyone else get this shirt and end up with a Youth size shirt when you thought you were getting an adult sized shirt?!?

Baby Fisk
01-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Well...

I just spent an unruly amount of money on shirts and DVDs.

God I'm dumb.
I share your malady. It would have killed me not to get that sixth t-shirt. :rolleyes:

Layla
01-16-2006, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the heads up on sale and to the poster who gave the promotion code.

You guys rock!:D: