PDA

View Full Version : Munoz a SP or RP?

CWSpalehoseCWS
01-09-2006, 08:02 PM
I know the chances of Munoz as a SP with the White Sox are very slim, nor do I ever want to see him in that role ever again. But I was looking at his stats for AAA this year and realized that he has been used as a SP and RP in AAA. What do you think his role at AAA could be considered as for next year if he doesn't make the MLB team: SP or RP?

He gone
01-09-2006, 08:39 PM
If he dosen't make the team ( eventhough we could use another lefty out of th bull pen), I bet he'll return to Charolette as a starter. John Atkins started last year down there. I got to see Munoz pitch last year and I would say his stuff is slow and he didn't have much movement either. He did pick off 2 runners in the game.

KRS1
01-09-2006, 09:36 PM
If he dosen't make the team ( eventhough we could use another lefty out of th bull pen), I bet he'll return to Charolette as a starter. John Atkins started last year down there. I got to see Munoz pitch last year and I would say his stuff is slow and he didn't have much movement either. He did pick off 2 runners in the game.

I dont know where that is, but I hope he's there rather than in Charlotte.

TDog
01-10-2006, 01:18 AM
Munoz would rather be a starter, certainly. Even below-average starters are paid more than above-average relievers. A lot of struggling starters would be better pitchers if they were relievers, at least at the big league level.

caulfield12
01-10-2006, 11:12 AM
I know the chances of Munoz as a SP with the White Sox are very slim, nor do I ever want to see him in that role ever again. But I was looking at his stats for AAA this year and realized that he has been used as a SP and RP in AAA. What do you think his role at AAA could be considered as for next year if he doesn't make the MLB team: SP or RP?

Munoz doesnīt have enough of a fastball to get many looks as a starter. His control is nowhere near that of a Buehrle or Glavine. He was absolutely rocked (I think it was the worst start in the last twenty years of Sox baseball) against Montreal, and his curve, which was supposedly devastating, fluttered up there when he got behind in the count.

Munoz needs to realize there is a lot more work available for crafty LH relievers (think Ray Searage or Jesse Orosco) than there is for LH starters who average 86-88 with the fastball and donīt have complementary sliders and change-ups that are effective and located strategically in the strike zone.

maurice
01-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Munoz has been a reliever almost his entire life, and that's his best chance of sticking at the MLB level. The Sox moved Munoz to a starter's role in recent years just to get him more innings. It wasn't his idea. The start in Montreal was an extremely unfair desperation move by the Sox.

caulfield12
01-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Munoz has been a reliever almost his entire life, and that's his best chance of sticking at the MLB level. The Sox moved Munoz to a starter's role in recent years just to get him more innings. It wasn't his idea. The start in Montreal was an extremely unfair desperation move by the Sox.

If you had a month-long stretch of games, who would you prefer as your number 5 starter, and why?

Munoz
F. Diaz
J. Adkins
No, Mike Porzio, Danny Wright and Josh Stewart are not options

KRS1
01-10-2006, 02:13 PM
If you had a month-long stretch of games, who would you prefer as your number 5 starter, and why?

Munoz
F. Diaz
J. Adkins

:whocares

CWSpalehoseCWS
01-10-2006, 03:20 PM

Munoz
F. Diaz
J. Adkins

Considering Diaz and Adkins are no longer with the White Sox, I guess Munoz.

gobears1987
01-10-2006, 06:20 PM
I never want to see Munoz pitch again. He got lit up by the fricken Expos.

Daver
01-10-2006, 06:38 PM

Your going to write off a pitcher based on one outing?

I'm glad you are not making decisions in the personel office of the White Sox.

SoxFan76
01-10-2006, 07:54 PM

:?:

Ok, so you're going to ignore the fact he actually DOES have potential to be a lefty reliver in the major leagues? Or are you going to base your opinion on one game in his rookie season.