PDA

View Full Version : The Sox in my school's yearbook!

ChiSoxGirl
01-09-2006, 10:45 AM
The yearbook photographers are at my school today taking candids for this year's edition. I hadn't seen them all morning until about 20 minutes ago when they walked past my classroom and saw my homemade "Never Stop Believing" World Championship desktop wallpaper. Needless to say, both photographers came in and took multiple shots of it! I told them to feel free to shoot anything else Sox in my room- the World Champions pennant, the signs from the Cubune and Sun-Times, and any of my posters.

With any luck, my computer's wallpaper will be featured among the collages in my school's yearbook in May; there's no better way to aggravate my Cub fan students, which are many! :cool:

chisoxfanatic
01-09-2006, 01:49 PM
Jen, did you show them any of your home made christmas cards?

ChiSoxGirl
01-09-2006, 02:09 PM
Jen, did you show them any of your home made christmas cards?

No, as I don't have one in my classroom- the ones I have left over are all at home. But if I really wanted to impress them, I'd show them my scrapbook because that came out AWESOME! :cool:

chisoxfanatic
01-09-2006, 02:46 PM
No, as I don't have one in my classroom- the ones I have left over are all at home. But if I really wanted to impress them, I'd show them my scrapbook because that came out AWESOME! :cool:

You finished your's already? Awesome! I have yet to start on mine...I know, I'm pretty lazy here; but, I've had more important things going on over the course of the past couple of weeks. I probably will start on mine this weekend. Yay to being a teacher and getting these days off, huh? :D:

Jerko
01-09-2006, 03:50 PM
You finished your's already?

I'm telling Kittle..........................

chisoxfanatic
01-09-2006, 03:55 PM
I'm telling Kittle..........................

That's why I teach math! :cool:

leens01
01-09-2006, 05:17 PM
So what exactly are in your scrapbooks? I just started mine this weekend and I am planning on putting pictures of the games I went to as well as the headlines from the paper. Just wondering how someone else's is going to look.

Tempe
01-09-2006, 05:49 PM
I hadn't seen them all morning until about 20 minutes ago when they walked past my classroom and saw my homemade "Never Stop Believing" World Championship desktop wallpaper.

Share your wallpaper please? :)

Tempe

ChiSoxGirl
01-09-2006, 10:27 PM
So what exactly are in your scrapbooks? I just started mine this weekend and I am planning on putting pictures of the games I went to as well as the headlines from the paper. Just wondering how someone else's is going to look.

My scrapbook starts the day the Sox won the Central Division and goes right on through Ozzie Guillen being named Manager of the Year. The pages are titled appropriately with which game it is and the date it was played on, all written in a metallic silver marker. I included articles and headlines from both the Cubune and Sun-Times, along with the pictures I took at each of the three playoff games I was at, the tickets from each of those games, and pictures I took at the Ticker Tape Parade, along with some I copied & pasted from online. :wink: I also included some pictures from when I went to see the trophy, our WSI Christmas Party at Dugan's, and when we met Minnie Minoso at Goose Island. There are stickers and playoff logos also glued on many of the pages in the book.

On the front cover, I made a collage of pictures from the playoffs and spelled out "2005 World Series Champion White Sox" in silver sequins letters that I got at Michaels. The inside cover has a picture of the ballpark from one of the papers with the caption, "Thanks for giving us a season to remember," and the back cover has a picture of Grinder Ball Rule #174 and underneath that is a celebratory picture of the team from a game earlier in the season with the caption, "You showed the nation great Sox don't just come in red."

I am so proud of this and it's the greatest scrapbook I've ever done (I did one in 1993 and one in 2000)!! :bandance:

ChiSoxGirl
01-09-2006, 10:35 PM
Share your wallpaper please? :)

Tempe

Seeing as I'm not sure of the rules about that (i.e. my wallpaper includes many pictures that were merely copied & pasted from the Cubune and Sun-Times sports pages online), I don't know if I should upload it to the Wallpapers gallery. But... if you want me to e-mail it to you, PM me with your e-mail address and I can do just that.