PDA

View Full Version : Tejada rescinds trade demand

Banix12
01-07-2006, 08:05 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2284081

Well so much for those rumors. A lot of people are gonna have to start looking hard for something else to talk about.

ViPeRx007
01-07-2006, 08:08 PM
We'll see if his feelings are the same a week from now.

I think Manny and him are just trying to get the media off their backs.

CubsfansareDRUNK
01-07-2006, 08:14 PM
:rolleyes:

DickAllen72
01-07-2006, 08:26 PM
Manny & Miguel are just making fools out of themselves. They come off like a couple of flakes. Who would want to acquire guys like this, unless it was an absolute steal?

WinOrDyeTrying
01-07-2006, 08:27 PM
We can always talk about the old standby, media bias...

CanBuehrleWait
01-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Manny & Miguel are just making fools out of themselves. They come off like a couple of flakes. Who would want to acquire guys like this, unless it was an absolute steal?
Disagreed. Ramirez is a flake and a *******. Ramirez: 'I hate this team.... we are in the playoffs every year but I'm not happy. Look I'm selling my house. I want to be traded. Nah I was just kidding I love Boston. I love David Ortiz he is my friend.

Tejada is just a competitive guy. I never saw anywhere where he said trade me now because you stink. He just said I'm tired of losing could we actually do something about it management. He even went the extra mile and said he would have no problem honoring his contract. Big difference in my opinion.

Anyways its a dead issue. Hopefully they can get some competent ownership so they can challenge the Yanks and Red Sox.

KRS1
01-07-2006, 11:05 PM
It musta been KKKKKKKorey that made him change his mind.

Guys the color pulldown is busted for me, but you can guess what shade this is supposed to be in.

FarWestChicago
01-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Guys the color pulldown is busted for me, but you can guess what shade this is supposed to be in.It's an IE bug. Use a real browser.

LuvSox
01-07-2006, 11:15 PM
It's an IE bug. Use a real browser.

My detective work tells me West doesn't like IE. :D:

On to my next mystery, where is WSJ?

FarWestChicago
01-07-2006, 11:24 PM
It musta been KKKKKKKorey that made him change his mind.

Guys the color pulldown is busted for me, but you can guess what shade this is supposed to be in.I figured out a fix to make it work in IE. Why anybody would want to use that abortion is beyond me. :rolleyes:

Fuller_Schettman
01-07-2006, 11:36 PM
This is possibly the best news of 2006!

Now we can move on...

KRS1
01-07-2006, 11:37 PM
Far West, did you mean ABORATION?

Fuller_Schettman
01-07-2006, 11:38 PM
Far West, did you mean ABORATION?

No, I think he had it the first time...

Did you mean aberration?

TheOldRoman
01-08-2006, 01:46 AM
I figured out a fix to make it work in IE. Why anybody would want to use that abortion is beyond me. :rolleyes:
Ignorance, mostly. I used IE at first because I didn't know better, and it came with the computer. A few years ago, my computer savvy roommate told me how much IE sucked and how much better Mozilla was, so I made the switch.

itsnotrequired
01-08-2006, 08:37 AM
I figured out a fix to make it work in IE. Why anybody would want to use that abortion is beyond me. :rolleyes:
So was it the latest patch from Microsoft that caused the problems? I'm on Firefox now but am curious...

Fredsox
01-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Well this is hardly a baseball topic but I can't resist jumping in. Microsoft has been beaten up pretty badly in technical circles for not updating Internet Explorer (IE) from v6 which was released with Windows XP. With the success of FireFox and Opera they have finally moved kicking and screaming to update their browser product. IE7 will be released in the March 2006 timeframe and will support tabbed browsing and greater integration with operating system security features. You will need at least XP SP2 to install it as a stand-alone but it will come with Windows Vista (successor to Windows XP) due out around August of 2006.

If you are interested in finding out more about IE7 check out http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/ie7_preview_1.asp

FarWestChicago
01-08-2006, 11:30 AM
Well this is hardly a baseball topic but I can't resist jumping in. Microsoft has been beaten up pretty badly in technical circles for not updating Internet Explorer (IE) from v6 which was released with Windows XP. With the success of FireFox and Opera they have finally moved kicking and screaming to update their browser product. IE7 will be released in the March 2006 timeframe and will support tabbed browsing and greater integration with operating system security features. You will need at least XP SP2 to install it as a stand-alone but it will come with Windows Vista (successor to Windows XP) due out around August of 2006.

If you are interested in finding out more about IE7 check out http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/ie7_preview_1.asp:whocares

FarWestChicago
01-08-2006, 11:32 AM
So was it the latest patch from Microsoft that caused the problems? I'm on Firefox now but am curious...No, IE was throwing a javascript error that wasn't present in Firefox or Opera. I modified one line of code to compensate for IE's inability to properly process standard javascript.

itsnotrequired
01-08-2006, 11:48 AM
No, IE was throwing a javascript error that wasn't present in Firefox or Opera. I modified one line of code to compensate for IE's inability to properly process standard javascript.

Thanks for the info. Are you suggesting that IE is a bad browser?:redneck