PDA

View Full Version : Hey, what's Up!

Joey Frijoles
01-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Hey how you guys doin' I just joined this site today, man this is a good Sox website, it sucks I didn't find it before. As for me I am a huge Sox fan myself, it is more of a thing I was born into being that I live in Bridgeport. Hope to have fun here on this site. :cool:

PAPChiSox729
01-07-2006, 04:18 PM
Hey how you guys doin' I just joined this site today, man this is a good Sox website, it sucks I didn't find it before. As for me I am a huge Sox fan myself, it is more of a thing I was born into being that I live in Bridgeport. Hope to have fun here on this site. :cool:
:welcome:

Be ready to celebrate yet another victorious season with us!!

SOXSINCE'70
01-07-2006, 04:19 PM
:welcome:

Glad to have you aboard.All Sox talk is appreciated here.
Just a few words to the wise:

1.Avoid political topics at ALL costs.You MIGHT get one warning.
If you're a repeat offender,you'll get banned from the site for
a week,at least. Also,no threads about the "a" word
(attendance-Sox vs,sCrUBS).
2. If you're being sarcastic,highlight it in TEAL.:tealtutor:
3.Watch your language.
4.Have fun on this site. :D:
Also,shorten your signature.It's a bit too big.

batmanZoSo
01-07-2006, 04:19 PM
Welcome. :cool:

And your sig is too big, they're gonna remove it.

RallyBowl
01-07-2006, 04:33 PM
"Hey, look at that sig. Man, that sig is huuuuuuge."

(I hope I'm not the only one who remembers "Tiny Elvis".)

TornLabrum
01-07-2006, 04:37 PM
Please find a smaller signature!!!!!

MarySwiss
01-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Please find a smaller signature!!!!!

Geez, I never realized how obsessed with size you guys were! :cool:

(I keed. For some reason, my font color button isn't working.)

batmanZoSo
01-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Geez, I never realized how obsessed with size you guys were! :cool:

(I keed. For some reason, my font color button isn't working.)

That sig made me uncomfortable.

FarWestChicago
01-07-2006, 05:23 PM
(I keed. For some reason, my font color button isn't working.)Ctrl-F5.

MarySwiss
01-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Ctrl-F5.

Nope, still not working, although bold, ital, etc., are. I even logged off, rebooted, and logged back on, but nothing. It is working in Outlook Express, Word, etc., which makes me wonder if this is a problem with the site. Can you--or anyone else--access the font color button?

Damn, I hate computers! (teal)

FarWestChicago
01-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Nope, still not working, although bold, ital, etc., are. I even logged off, rebooted, and logged back on, but nothing. It is working in Outlook Express, Word, etc., which makes me wonder if this is a problem with the site. Can you--or anyone else--access the font color button?

Damn, I hate computers! (teal)It's not a problem with the site. Everything works. Dump your cache. You've got some bad files stored.

MarySwiss
01-07-2006, 06:08 PM
It's not a problem with the site. Everything works. Dump your cache. You've got some bad files stored.

OKay, thanks. Good for you guys; sucks if you're me. I just ran a full virus scan that said my system was okay. ***.

FarWestChicago
01-07-2006, 06:09 PM
OKay, thanks. Good for you guys; sucks if you're me. I just ran a full virus scan that said my system was okay. ***.You have bad javascript files cached. Dump your internet cache.

itsnotrequired
01-07-2006, 06:09 PM
OKay, thanks. Good for you guys; sucks if you're me. I just ran a full virus scan that said my system was okay. ***.

Eh, hasn't been working for me either. I'm using IE. If you're using the same, don't look for any sympathy from West.:tongue:

MarySwiss
01-07-2006, 06:10 PM
It's not a problem with the site. Everything works. Dump your cache. You've got some bad files stored.

Whoops, wait. Missed that "dump your cache" part. Can you PM me how to do that? Please? Kind sir? :smile:

FarWestChicago
01-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Eh, hasn't been working for me either. I'm using IE. If you're using the same, don't look for any sympathy from West.:tongue:If you insist on using the worst browser known to humanity, why would you expect anything to work?

FarWestChicago
01-07-2006, 06:13 PM
Whoops, wait. Missed that "dump your cache" part. Can you PM me how to do that? Please? Kind sir? :smile:Tools > Options > Privacy > Cache > Clear Cache Now

MarySwiss
01-07-2006, 06:17 PM
Tools > Options > Privacy > Cache > Clear Cache Now

Sorry to be such a pest, but I got as far as Privacy--no Cache option anywhere that I could find. I'm running IE 6.0.

BTW, if that sucks so badly, what should I be running?

FarWestChicago
01-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Sorry to be such a pest, but I got as far as Privacy--no Cache option anywhere that I could find. I'm running IE 6.0.

BTW, if that sucks so badly, what should I be running?Firefox (http://www.mozilla.com/) or Opera (http://www.opera.com/). Really, pretty much anything but IE.

MarySwiss
01-07-2006, 06:21 PM
Firefox (http://www.mozilla.com/) or Opera (http://www.opera.com/). Really, pretty much anything but IE.

Okay, but any suggestions about how to clear my cache, since I cannot find the damn thing?

itsnotrequired
01-07-2006, 06:25 PM
If you insist on using the worst browser known to humanity, why would you expect anything to work?

It isn't that I am married to IE, it is just that it is what I am most familiar with. I lost the ability to use colors in my post after the latest Windows patch.

Bah, enough of this. Time for Firefox...

FarWestChicago
01-07-2006, 06:26 PM
It isn't that I am married to IE, it is just that it is what I am most familiar with. I lost the ability to use colors in my post after the latest Windows patch.Fascinating. That WMF patch for Windows did it?

FarWestChicago
01-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Okay, but any suggestions about how to clear my cache, since I cannot find the damn thing?Tools > Internet Options > Temporary Internet Files > Delete Files. However, it appears it may not help if the latest Windows security patch is what broke it.

RoobarbPie
01-07-2006, 06:29 PM
"Hey, look at that sig. Man, that sig is huuuuuuge."

(I hope I'm not the only one who remembers "Tiny Elvis".)

"Still the King Tiny E"

I love Tiny Elvis! Especially when they talk about giving him a marshmallow to use as a pillow.

Good call Rallybowl.

itsnotrequired
01-07-2006, 06:30 PM
Fascinating. That WMF patch for Windows did it?

Beats me. Its just a guess. Colors worked fine before I installed it and now they aren't working. Could be a coinincidence though.

Links in my edit window have been showing up as white for quite some time now. Not a problem at all in Firefox.

Looks like I finally have a reason to switch over.:thumbsup:

TheDarkGundam
01-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Firefox (http://www.mozilla.com/) or Opera (http://www.opera.com/). Really, pretty much anything but IE.
Just got Firefox yesterday. I can't believe I used the internet without it! It's awesome. :cool:

MarySwiss
01-07-2006, 06:45 PM
Tools > Internet Options > Temporary Internet Files > Delete Files. However, it appears it may not help if the latest Windows security patch is what broke it.

It didn't. Thanks anyway, West. Mr.MarySwiss is under orders to buy and install Firefox ASAP.

FarWestChicago
01-07-2006, 06:49 PM
It didn't. Thanks anyway, West. Mr.MarySwiss is under orders to buy and install Firefox ASAP.Firefox is a free download. You can get it here (http://www.mozilla.com/).

MarySwiss
01-07-2006, 07:08 PM
Firefox is a free download. You can get it here (http://www.mozilla.com/).

Cool! Thanks again!

I want Mags back
01-07-2006, 08:15 PM
what was on his huge sig.

ohh by the way

:welcome: to the jungle...

WSI is the best Sox site around, including whitesox.com. youll have a great time posting here

WinOrDyeTrying
01-07-2006, 08:45 PM
:welcome: aboard. Please note that by making an account to this place, you have given me (WinorDyeTrying) and my affiliates full rights to your soul. You did read that in the forum rules before signing up, didn't you?

Joey Frijoles
01-08-2006, 01:02 AM
:welcome: aboard. Please note that by making an account to this place, you have given me (WinorDyeTrying) and my affiliates full rights to your soul. You did read that in the forum rules before signing up, didn't you?

Uh....... no I didn't :tongue: , but I'll check up on that one, sry about the little mishap of the sig. IDK if the one I got is small enough, I have a feeling I'll be alternating these a lot though.

milrtyme28
01-08-2006, 01:20 AM
Thanks for reminding me to get Firefox! I've been meaning to nad I finally did. Ive been using it for 5 minutes and love it already. :)

:supernana:

TornLabrum
01-08-2006, 08:45 AM
Uh....... no I didn't :tongue: , but I'll check up on that one, sry about the little mishap of the sig. IDK if the one I got is small enough, I have a feeling I'll be alternating these a lot though.

That one's just fine. Thanks for making the change.