PDA

View Full Version : Iguchi wont play for Japan

Whitesox4ever
01-07-2006, 08:49 AM
He back out playing for his country in the world baseball classic...

Im hoping that more Sox players also back out

Whitesox4ever
01-07-2006, 08:50 AM
TOKYO -- Chicago White Sox (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=cha) second baseman Tadahito Iguchi (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=7510) has withdrawn from the Japanese squad for the World Baseball Classic, a news agency reported Saturday.
Iguchi said he wants to focus on his play as he enters his second year in the majors.
"Unfortunately, I've decided to withdraw from the squad," Iguchi said while training in Japan's southernmost island of Okinawa, Kyodo News agency reported.
"This is the second year of my two-year contract with the White Sox. The team expects more from me than in the first year, so I would have to be in spring training."

ChiSoxIn06
01-07-2006, 09:06 AM
TOKYO -- Chicago White Sox (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=cha) second baseman Tadahito Iguchi (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=7510) has withdrawn from the Japanese squad for the World Baseball Classic, a news agency reported Saturday.
Iguchi said he wants to focus on his play as he enters his second year in the majors.
"Unfortunately, I've decided to withdraw from the squad," Iguchi said while training in Japan's southernmost island of Okinawa, Kyodo News agency reported.
"This is the second year of my two-year contract with the White Sox. The team expects more from me than in the first year, so I would have to be in spring training."

this is how every ball player should approach the game...much respect to gooch on this one.

kevin57
01-07-2006, 09:31 AM
:worship: :iguchi:

doublem23
01-07-2006, 10:37 AM
That is good news. Of all the Sox position players, I have the most concern about Tadahito's ability to play 162-game grind the most. He played very well all year, but I'm pretty sure that he started to tire and wear down as the year went on. This guy is too valuable to offense to risk.

RedPinStripes
01-07-2006, 10:44 AM
He's already a World Champion. No need to play for another team. :tongue:

WhiteSoxFan84
01-07-2006, 03:34 PM
TOKYO (AP) - Chicago White Sox second baseman Tadahito Iguchi has withdrawn from the Japanese squad for the World Baseball Classics in March, saying he wants to focus on his play as he enters his second year in the major league, a news report said Saturday.

"Unfortunately, I've decided to withdraw from the squad," Iguchi said while training on Japan's southernmost island of Okinawa, Kyodo News agency reported.

"This is the second year of my two-year contract with the White Sox. The team expects more from me than in the first year, so I would have to be in spring training," Kyodo quoted him as saying.

I ****ing love this guy!

Linky (http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/5229544)

kevin57
01-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Just so you know, there's already a thread about this.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Just so you know, there's already a thread about this.

Crap, sorry. I just saw the original. Mods, please move, sorry again.

soxfan1965
01-07-2006, 03:48 PM
This is a wise choice. Tadahito has to keep learning MLB pitchers in spring training and help cut down on strikeouts. Ichiro has proven himself in terms of being an all-star and bat wizard, and is probably going to the WBC because he doesn't see much of a chance of Seattle going to the World Series. Hideki Matsui has been an All-Star but is skipping the WBC to help his team get into the World Series. Iguchi will have his ring, but I think he would like to get himself to All-Star caliber (and set himself up for a nicer contract). He's close, and this year with less strikeouts (a la Nellie Fox), higher average, more power and more clutch hitting, this could be his all-star year, with a productive spring training.

StockdaleForVeep
01-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Maybe the sox players should avoid spring training till like mid march so they can be sure not to be injured since they played into octobre.

HotelWhiteSox
01-07-2006, 05:21 PM
I think the KW/Ozzie tandem must be playing a role in this, I love it

ChiSoxLifer
01-07-2006, 08:14 PM
It was the fear of a roundhouse kick to the face that made Tadahito withdraw from the WBC.:o:

gobears1987
01-08-2006, 12:37 AM
This is a wise choice. Tadahito has to keep learning MLB pitchers in spring training and help cut down on strikeouts. Ichiro has proven himself in terms of being an all-star and bat wizard, and is probably going to the WBC because he doesn't see much of a chance of Seattle going to the World Series. Hideki Matsui has been an All-Star but is skipping the WBC to help his team get into the World Series. Iguchi will have his ring, but I think he would like to get himself to All-Star caliber (and set himself up for a nicer contract). He's close, and this year with less strikeouts (a la Nellie Fox), higher average, more power and more clutch hitting, this could be his all-star year, with a productive spring training.Don't blame Tadahito for those Ks. He got so many Ks because he was taking strikes when Podsednik was on base to allow him to steal. If he didn't do that he would have fewer Ks, but the team wouldn't get as many runs.

1951Campbell
01-08-2006, 12:40 AM
He back out playing for his country in the world baseball classic...

:bandance:

Rgilliam32
01-08-2006, 03:53 AM
Heck, who knows if this WBC thing is even gonna happen anyway?

doublem23
01-08-2006, 04:01 AM
Don't blame Tadahito for those Ks. He got so many Ks because he was taking strikes when Podsednik was on base to allow him to steal. If he didn't do that he would have fewer Ks, but the team wouldn't get as many runs.

Eh, that's the Hawk Harrelson version of the story, and while it is probably true to an extent, Tadahito did have some stretches when he looked really bad at the plate and was completely helpless against any breaking ball, IMO.

That said, it's scary to think this guy is just starting to unlock all of his potential talent. What a steal.

spiffie
01-08-2006, 04:01 AM
Maybe the sox players should avoid spring training till like mid march so they can be sure not to be injured since they played into octobre.
I'm hoping we keep them in small padded rooms until Opening Day. No point risking anything happening to them. Perhaps we should wait until May to let them out, since it can be cold in Chicago in April, which could be dangerous.

The Racehorse
01-08-2006, 08:04 AM
Iguchi not playing? Good!