PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe this.

CWSpalehoseCWS
01-06-2006, 10:45 PM
http://www.iowacubs.com/aspx/news.aspx?id=2179 (http://www.iowacubs.com/aspx/news.aspx?id=2179)

Blasphemy! Ryan Sweeney, how dare you...

There has to be a good explination for this.

pearso66
01-06-2006, 10:48 PM
http://www.iowacubs.com/aspx/news.aspx?id=2179 (http://www.iowacubs.com/aspx/news.aspx?id=2179)

He's from Iowa, he might be a legend there.

Fenway
01-06-2006, 10:49 PM

perhaps testing the waters to become the Iowa White Sox :smile:

soxwon
01-06-2006, 10:52 PM
Well he can brag about being in the farm system of the WORLD CHAMPIONS.
Thats something iowa cubs players cant say.

ndu3t4
01-06-2006, 10:55 PM
Besides college sports, there isn't too much to follow in Iowa. He was probably a fan when he was a kid.

MUsoxfan
01-06-2006, 11:46 PM
He's dead to me:tongue:

MadetoOrta
01-07-2006, 02:15 AM
When he's raking shots all over the Cell for the Sox, you'll see as many buses from Iowa at the Cell as you see at the Urinal. Iowans are loyal to a fault.

SoCalWhiteSoxFan
01-07-2006, 04:23 AM
Sweeney now MUST be part of any package for Tejada!

Chisox003
01-07-2006, 04:28 AM
Sweeney now MUST be part of any package for Tejada!
:rolleyes:

soxinem1
01-07-2006, 07:59 AM
perhaps testing the waters to become the Iowa White Sox :smile:

The Sox did have their AAA team there for some time in the 70's until 1980 or 81.

soxruleEP
01-07-2006, 09:43 AM
The guy is from Iowa, he's spending the off season at home, and they probably offered him an appearance fee.

I think this is very cool. His presence will only emphasize the difference between the Sox and the SCrubs.

white sox bill
01-07-2006, 03:51 PM
I don't understand...is he making an aappearence as in "the spotlight" or is he just going there on his own to walk around because hes bored?

CPditka
01-07-2006, 07:56 PM
This is hilarious...who ever said cubs fans and the always sold out wrigley is full of tourists, out of towners, and iowans....hahaha they have their own cub convention in their boring state. On a similar note there was a group of Iowa State students at the same ski resort i recently visited, all of them cubs fans. I asked why not sox, its the same city the same distance away from your homes in iowa. The response was either WGN, someone took me to wrigley long time ago as a kid, or cuz they are cool. I giggled and showed them the World Series tropy pic as the wallpaper on my phone. They grunted and I smilled!!

I want Mags back
01-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Besides college sports, there isn't too much to follow in Iowa. He was probably a fan when he was a kid.

If we could not use the words Iowa and college sports for the next few weeks it would be greatly appreciated. Im mourning that awful Illini effort this afternoon

RKMeibalane
01-07-2006, 08:28 PM
I don't blame him. It's Iowa. They treat you like a king there. Isn't that right, Randar? :cool:

The Racehorse
01-08-2006, 07:25 AM
Iowans are loyal to a fault.

I resemble that remark.

The Racehorse
01-08-2006, 07:45 AM
This is hilarious...whoever said Cubs fans and the always sold out wrigley is full of tourists, out of towners, and Iowans....hahaha they have their own Cub convention in their boring state.

There's a Cubs convention in Iowa? How come I wasn't invited! By the way, whenever someone asks me what Iowa is like, the first words out of my mouth are, "well, it's not Fantasy Island". Then again, what place is?

On a similar note there was a group of Iowa State students at the same ski resort i recently visited, all of them Cubs fans. I asked why not Sox, its the same city the same distance away from your homes in Iowa. The response was either WGN, someone took me to Wrigley long time ago as a kid, or cuz they are cool. I giggled and showed them the World Series tropy pic as the wallpaper on my phone. They grunted and I smiled!!

What do expect from a bunch of Cyclone honks?

bigfoot
01-08-2006, 10:10 AM
Iowa, it's not the end of the Earth......
But you can see it from there!

seanpmurphy
01-08-2006, 11:28 AM
Iowa, it's not the end of the Earth......
But you can see it from there!

Kyle Orton loves to vacation in Iowa...:redneck

JohnTucker0814
01-08-2006, 03:35 PM
You people are dissing on Iowa like it's some bad state.. i've noticed that some of you are from Indiana that are making fun of Iowa...

I just have one thing to say to you.... HOOSIERS!

Hoosiers made Indiana out to be a bunch of hicks! At least Iowa lets the Black Sox play at their baseball field! haha

CLR01
01-08-2006, 04:27 PM
You people are dissing on Iowa like it's some bad state.. i've noticed that some of you are from Indiana that are making fun of Iowa...

Hoosiers made Indiana out to be a bunch of hicks! At least Iowa lets the Black Sox play at their baseball field! haha

Its not a bad state, it's just a boring state.

TomBradley72
01-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Great people. Horrible judgement when picking their baseball team.

RallyBowl
01-08-2006, 04:33 PM
Its not a bad state, it's just a boring state.

I was never bored when I lived in DuBuque. DUHAWK PRIDE.

On second thought, it is pretty boring. (Except for the college towns).

Palehose13
01-08-2006, 04:34 PM

Well at least Indiana has some recognized (read, not arena football)professional sports teams. :neener:

doublem23
01-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Well at least Indiana has some recognized (read, not arena football)professional sports teams. :neener:
How dare you insult the legendary Iowa Barnstormers! :angry:

:tongue:

Palehose13
01-08-2006, 04:59 PM
How dare you insult the legendary Iowa Barnstormers! :angry:

:tongue:

:redneck

Johnny Mostil
01-08-2006, 05:13 PM

Does anybody else remember the old Royko columns in which he first ripped on Indiana (chiefly because of the 500-mile race) then later confessed he had confused Indiana with Iowa?

Hangar18
01-09-2006, 09:09 AM
I resemble that remark.

Heh heheh hehh

soxfan13
01-09-2006, 09:53 AM
Why are you on the Iowa Cubs web site LOL

Hangar18
01-09-2006, 11:35 AM
I find it a bit hard to believe myself, that the Cubs would hilite an up-and-coming WHITE SOX minor leaguer in one of their farm teams' fan convention.
Then again, the CUBS have always been known to covet everything the White SOX have and do.............

skobabe8
01-09-2006, 03:03 PM

I'd like to respond but I really have no clue what this guy is trying to say.

Making fun of a state that has "hicks"? And you're from Iowa? WOW.

kwolf68
01-10-2006, 10:54 AM
Yea, Bloomington, Indiana is anything but hicks. I won't deny some parts of Indiana is backwaters, but Bloomington isn't one of them. Great little college town with a 20%+ post-graduate degree rate.

hawkjt
01-10-2006, 02:11 PM
This is the ultimate compliment to the Sox - they need a marquee player to draw cub fans so they go with a Sox prospect. LOL. I can appreciate the jibes on Iowa as a native but remember shoeless joe hangs out in dyersville.

I am looking forward to the time when ryan is hitting like a new age Baines at Sox Park.