PDA

View Full Version : Frazier Thomas w/ Garfield Goose

cheeses_h_rice
07-28-2001, 01:47 PM
Just think of Frazier Thomas as Don Baylor...

BigKlu59
07-28-2001, 03:12 PM
Great Job CHR.....The sad part about this whole thing is these guys were consumate professionals of their craft and they are now being used in association with the "Drubs Sophomoric Loser Cuteness".Besides, Rayner is a Sox and Hawks fan and it used to drive em all nuts at 2501.....
BigKlu59

PaleHoseGeorge
07-28-2001, 03:29 PM
Ray Rayner is a SOX FAN? Where did you hear this?

That's awesome news. Rayner was, by far, the hippest of WGN's personalities. Frazier Thomas and Ringmaster Ned could be downright mean.

Working at WGN must have been torture. Of course the Sox were on WGN into the 1960's (Jack Brickhouse did the TV play by play) so maybe it wasn't so bad after all.

If you can confirm this, I'll add Ray's name to our list of famous Sox fans.

ode to veeck
07-28-2001, 04:49 PM
my wife wants to know if the goose is dead "he must be in his 80s!" maybe she was referring to frazier

BigKlu59
08-02-2001, 12:51 PM
Hey PHG,Little known tidbits of Sox love at WGN do not make it to the mean streets of Chitown.You are correct that Brickhouse used to do Sox broadcasts early on,but that claim to fame eventually fell into the lap of another "Sox Lover", Llyod Petitt.
Brickhouse became the Voice of the Cubs with Vince Llyod and Beaudreau his hired shills.Brickhouse was the biggest bandwagoner around..Llyod was banished to Comiskey and given the Sox beat.Hey, he was more than happy to do the play by play for the Sox.They were the winning baseball team in town at that time.As far as Ray Rayner,he was also adept at knowing where the best baseball was being played.I remember him getting caught up in the Sox/ Yankees tilts in 64 During his morning show as well as the heartbreak season of 67.If he was not a real Hosehead,he sure put on a great act.......
BigKlu59