PDA

View Full Version : How many players

LongDistanceFan
12-29-2001, 09:25 PM
have we paid a huge amount of money but to do nothing....... lets say in the last 5 yrs.

wells,
jaime
clayton> ok i put this in for fun<

WinningUgly!
12-29-2001, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
have we paid a huge amount of money but to do nothing....... lets say in the last 5 yrs.

wells,
jaime
clayton> ok i put this in for fun<

A huge amount for what little they did...Tony Castillo, Steve Sax, & maybe Antonio Osuna.

WinningUgly!
12-29-2001, 09:39 PM
I guess Sax was out of the 5 years ago range.

Daver
12-29-2001, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

A huge amount for what little they did...Tony Castillo, Steve Sax, & maybe Antonio Osuna.

Everything I have looked at on Osuna says he is a good pitcher out of bullpen,though he is at least 4 years older than his official given age.

LongDistanceFan
12-29-2001, 09:51 PM
wouldn't the contract that wells got from the yank, worth the chance to take if i was gm of the sox?

Daver
12-29-2001, 09:55 PM
wouldn't the contract that wells got from the yank, worth the chance to take if i was gm of the sox?

No way is Wells worth 3.5 mil a year,not coming off of back surgery at his age.Maybe a base of 1 mil and incentives to take it to 3.5,but 3.5 outright is overpaying for an unproven entity.

LongDistanceFan
12-29-2001, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by daver

No way is Wells worth 3.5 mil a year,not coming off of back surgery at his age.Maybe a base of 1 mil and incentives to take it to 3.5,but 3.5 outright is overpaying for an unproven entity. was that the final pffer from the yanks?

Daver
12-29-2001, 10:35 PM
was that the final pffer from the yanks?

I have no idea what a pffer is,but he signed a two year 7 mil contract.

LongDistanceFan
12-29-2001, 10:36 PM

I have no idea what a pffer is,but he signed a two year 7 mil contract. ok......... i meant offer........... jesus, you remind me of the new guy....... what his name bc2ck or something like that........ picky........ :)

Daver
12-29-2001, 10:40 PM
ok......... i meant offer........... jesus, you remind me of the new guy....... what his name bc2ck or something like that........ picky........ :)

LDF,I think you know me better than that,whats a little jab amongst freinds?

LongDistanceFan
12-29-2001, 10:44 PM

LDF,I think you know me better than that,whats a little jab amongst freinds? man i know that, that was why i was toying with you.............. my sense of humor is whack tonite. that is why i attached the :):):)

btw i did deserve the jab......... it was funny.