PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie Jr. Latino Baseball Show on 670 AM The Score

HotelWhiteSox
01-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Sometimes I browse the boards at chicagosportsfan.com and came across this today:

I wanted to let everyone know prior to the press that Ozzie Guillen Junior has agreed to host a Latino Baseball Show on our station beginning on January 15th. The show will air Sunday nights at 10pm for one hour. A formal release will be sent tomorrow, but the show is presented by the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana Chevy Dealers. More details to follow.

Thanks!

Mitch Rosen
WSCR, 670 THE SCORE

I know it wasn't actually Mitch that posted it, but employees there regularly post his memos (like Rongey doing pre/post). I'm sure the Latino people here would be interested, and also wonder if it'd be in Spanish, would focus only on the White Sox, or all of baseball.

1951Campbell
01-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Just curious--how old is Ozzie Jr.?

gobears1987
01-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Just curious--how old is Ozzie Jr.?Early 20's IIRC.

Etownsox13
01-06-2006, 12:17 AM
Ozzie Jr. is 21, (third year of college) and Oni is 19. Ozzie Jr. played ball with us last year at school (North Park Univ.) and Oni is our shortstop this year after a transfer from UIC. Ozzie still goes to school with us, but he is not going to play ball with us this year (probably a good thing). Embarassing stories about Ozzie Jr. our backup first-baseman last year include the time that he slid feet first into first base, swearing in Spanish when he committed an error, or coming in to pinch hit for an injured hitter on our team with a 3-2 count and then preceeding to draw the walk amid fecicious cheers.

HomeFish
01-06-2006, 12:33 AM
or coming in to pinch hit for an injured hitter on our team with a 3-2 count and then preceeding to draw the walk amid fecicious cheers.

Smart crowds like to see some OBP. Nothing embarassing about giving them what they want.

Fredsox
01-06-2006, 06:30 AM
or coming in to pinch hit for an injured hitter on our team with a 3-2 count and then preceeding to draw the walk amid fecicious cheers.

Obviously he inherited his father's patience at the plate.....

duke of dorwood
01-06-2006, 08:55 AM
I dont speak Spanish, but it will probably make more sense to me than the garbage 670 has on every day

DaleJRFan
01-06-2006, 09:38 AM
Ozzie Jr was El Duque and Contreras' interpreter during the post season press conferences, correct??

I'll bet his show will be funny, if anything.

Mickster
01-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Jr. is a great guy with tons of stories. His show will be very entertaining.

Minnie Me
01-06-2006, 09:45 AM
This is great news. The Lantino fan base will move over to the Sox from the Cubs (Shammy Sosa). This will make Chicago a Sox town more than ever.
Too bad Carl Everett never had a radio show here, we could have had the Intelligent Design fan base as well.

Tekijawa
01-06-2006, 10:13 AM
I dont speak Spanish, but it will probably make more sense to me than the garbage 670 has on every day

How do you say Lickrish in Spanish? I assume Bea would still be Bea?

SOXPHILE
01-06-2006, 10:14 AM

:rolling:

http://670thescore.com/graphics/pic_sm_mike_murphy.jpg (http://670thescore.com/onair/mike_murphy.shtml)
"Hey, how can you say that ? I have a good show, AND I can speak a little Spanish. Listen to this : "El Chicago Cubs es muy bien. Mark Prior y Derek Lee es mucho guapo ! Ron Santo es magnifico !!!" What ? My Spanish is terrible, and it's supposed to be a White Sox show ?! Hey pal, I'm the one that has my own little 2 hour show. Before you criticize me, why don't you do YOUR' job !"

daveeym
01-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Well I'm assuming latino programming would mean talk about central american leagues and winter ball???

Hangar18
01-06-2006, 11:06 AM
In response to an Angry letter from the Tribune Entertainment Corporation,
The Score 670 will be announcing plans for a new Kids Baseball Show, to be hosted by 1st Kid and Chicago fan favorite, Darren Baker. The Score hopes that little Darren Bakers "personable" flair will come across to the legions of 6-12 year old baseball fans. "It was the right thing to do, Chicago does have two teams you know" said Cubs GM Jim Hendry on the announcement

34 Inch Stick
01-06-2006, 11:07 AM

It will be entertaining to me in the same way that the bumble bee guy (parodied on the Simpsons) and sabado gigante are entertaining.

We will know that the SCORE was turned into WSOX if North says nothing about this move. Ordinarily this would be fastball down the middle of the plate material for his show.

DaleJRFan
01-06-2006, 11:48 AM
In response to an Angry letter from the Tribune Entertainment Corporation,
The Score 670 will be announcing plans for a new Kids Baseball Show, to be hosted by 1st Kid and Chicago fan favorite, Darren Baker. The Score hopes that little Darren Bakers "personable" flair will come across to the legions of 6-12 year old baseball fans. "It was the right thing to do, Chicago does have two teams you know" said Cubs GM Jim Hendry on the announcement

and you wonder why people call you Flubsessed? :redneck

Tekijawa
01-06-2006, 11:55 AM
We will know that the SCORE was turned into WSOX if North says nothing about this move. Ordinarily this would be fastball down the middle of the plate material for his show.

I heard that they are just going to have Caucasian Man on repeat in his time slot for a few weeks until he calms down.

HotelWhiteSox
01-06-2006, 03:20 PM
In Feder today http://www.suntimes.com/output/feder/cst-fin-feder061.html

But unlike all the other programming on the CBS Radio station, Guillen's show will be almost entirely in Spanish. Starting Jan. 15, "El Beisbol Latino de Hoy Al Estile de Chicago" ("Latino Baseball Today, Chicago Style") will air live at 10 p.m. Sundays on the Score. Guillen, a student at Columbia College, will be joined by longtime sportscaster Hector Molina as co-host.

Viva Medias B's
01-06-2006, 10:57 PM
This is great news. The Lantino fan base will move over to the Sox from the Cubs (Shammy Sosa). This will make Chicago a Sox town more than ever.
Too bad Carl Everett never had a radio show here, we could have had the Intelligent Design fan base as well.

The Latino fan base has always been with us. While there are Latino Cub fans, the Latino community I believe has always been majority Sox fan.

Anyone who has been around Ozzie Jr. in the atrium bar during SoxFest can vouge for that.