PDA

View Full Version : Updated payroll number?

caulfield12
01-05-2006, 05:02 PM
With Mackowiak's deal?

I really wonder if KW has the go-ahead to go after Tejada...assuming we dealt one of our pitchers (besides McCarthy) and Uribe, we would be adding another $2-3 million per year to the budget. With Tejada, we'd be pretty close to $100 million.

Keeping Vazquez makes more sense than Contreras, because we will only have to pay him $8.5 million next season (2007) when we get a $3 million dollar offset from the D-Backs. This year, we'll be paying Javier $9.5 million.

The Crede/pitcher deal for Blalock, Wilkerson and prospects might be financially more advisable...but everyone would obviously like to get the "Vince Young" of AL shortstops.

KRS1
01-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Like KW said put away the pen and paper for a while when looking at our payroll, but having said that I dont see where some people are coming up with our salary figures(are they including buy outs?). We currently sit at just under 86mil, and only have to sign Crede and two bullpen arms. How do we assume 15 mil for those last three spots? I just dont see any point in trying to figure out our payroll right now b/c there are so many different figures floating out there as well as variables between now and April.

rmusacch
01-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Like KW said put away the pen and paper for a while when looking at our payroll, but having said that I dont see where some people are coming up with our salary figures(are they including buy outs?). We currently sit at just under 86mil, and only have to sign Crede and two bullpen arms. How do we assume 15 mil for those last three spots? I just dont see any point in trying to figure out our payroll right now b/c there are so many different figures floating out there as well as variables between now and April.

When they say the payroll, are they including everyone on the 40 man roster?