PDA

View Full Version : Prior Voids Last Year of Contract w/Flubs

Fredsox
01-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Looks like somebody wants out.
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9144044

mac9001
01-04-2006, 08:30 PM
Not really, he just gets more money this way.

kevin57
01-04-2006, 09:08 PM
But doesn't everyone who plays for the Cubs do so purely out of unselfish love of all things Cubbie?

Fredsox
01-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Well I think that mac9001 is correct (as the article affirms) that this is on the surface just a play to get and additional 5 million bucks or so. What got me thinking about there being "trouble in paradise" is that with all the talk of trading him in the past month, I'm certain that it just killed any organizational loyalty that Prior may have had.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-04-2006, 09:21 PM
What's funny is the fact that he told the team on November 29th, 2005 that he was doing this. Now, I could be wrong and maybe he didn't fill out the paperwork until this week, but how come no one knew about this until today? Do you think the Cubs didn't want other teams to know so that when they were talking trade and Prior came up the Cubs would point out the fact that Prior is locked up next year at under $3 mill and how cheap he is? Were they worried this would lower his value? It's very possible.

ilsox7
01-04-2006, 09:22 PM
Well I think that mac9001 is correct (as the article affirms) that this is on the surface just a play to get and additional 5 million bucks or so. What got me thinking about there being "trouble in paradise" is that with all the talk of trading him in the past month, I'm certain that it just killed any organizational loyalty that Prior may have had.

Except he made this decision by November 29th. Prior may want out, but this is not a sign of it. He would have been an idiot not to exercise this clasue.

TornLabrum
01-04-2006, 09:23 PM
But doesn't everyone who plays for the Cubs do so purely out of unselfish love of all things Cubbie?
:tealtutor:

RKMeibalane
01-04-2006, 09:27 PM

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/darth.jpg

"I find your lack of teal disturbing."

RKMeibalane
01-04-2006, 09:34 PM
Sorry about the double-post. My browser was acting funny.

kevin57
01-04-2006, 09:48 PM
:tealtutor:
:redface: hmm...maybe that's the Cub blue melding with the Teal.

Hangar18
01-05-2006, 01:57 PM
Not really, he just gets more money this way.

Yup. The Messiah knows all about MONEY. This is the same Messiah who immediately said anyone drafting him would have to pay $10,000,000 cash, up front, and have a nice bonus attached to it. I think the Cubs knew this day would come and have set up their payroll accordingly, knowing that Prior is going to want to GET PAID since hes being made out to be the "Greatest pitcher ever, with the greatest mechanics" ever.

voodoochile
01-05-2006, 02:50 PM
I am just blown away that this is only being reported now. It's been 1.5 months and finally it is being reported and then by CBS.

No one at the Trib knew this happened? What a pile of ****.

Hey Knueman, how do you continue to defend the lack of bias? This is clearly one arm of a company protecting another arm of a company while the team set about trying to deal him and the fans know nothing, but the Trib really cares about them...:rolleyes:

VenturaSoxFan23
01-07-2006, 01:43 PM
If a Bear craps in the woods, the Tribune would be there to speculate on what it ate.